Sign in to follow this  
O

Days Gone

Anyone played it or completed it?

I just finished the game. Took about a month.

My game of 2019 thus far.

It’s like a more action packed RPG version of The Last of Us meets The Walking Dead.

Apart from the random glitches, which they’re quick to fix, it’s a pretty great game.

For real?

Heard it's riddled with all sorts of AI issues?

I know they released a day 1 patch to fix most of the clusterfuck but the AI still looks unplayable to me from the videos I have watched recently.

If I'm being honest, the trailers didn't really do anything for me. The lack of any interesting characters along with the massive downgrade in visuals made it all the more easier to pass it off.

The only thing I think it has in common with TLoU is that they are both set in a zombie apocalypse.

Edited by Burns92

7 minutes ago, Burns92 said:

For real?

Heard it's riddled with all sorts of AI issues?

I know they released a day 1 patch to fix most of the clusterfuck but the AI still looks unplayable to me from the videos I have watched recently.

If I'm being honest, the trailers didn't really do anything for me. The lack of any interesting characters along with the massive downgrade in visuals made it all the more easier to pass it off.

The only thing I think it has in common with TLoU is that they are both set in a zombie apocalypse.

The AI is largely fine. Haven’t experienced any major issues with it. Most enemies are manageable, except Hordes of course.

The Last of Us is a better story, but this allows the player more freedom and customisation. You can choose from a lot more weapons and can modify your bike too.

The collecting of materials, the aiming, sneaking and close quarters combat are very similar. It feels like the developers have taken inspiration from The Last of Us, The Walking Dead and MGSV.

There will be definitely be a sequel. The game was a commercial success.

I was very interested in this when it was first announced. But I saw some release footage during April and I have to admit that it just looked pretty hollow as an experience? Like it was just another standard open world game but with zombies (and a whole lot of bike management). I assume it's a story driven game but I don't remember any praise for it?

I've largely had my fill with zombies. But I am low key holding out for RDR2 doing another zombie DLC. Did you play the first? It's my favourite zombie game in that respect.

I may check out Days Gone when it hits £15 or they make it free on PS+ 

4 hours ago, TFIA said:

Just started it and enjoying it. Definitely seems better than the reviews.

The reviews only focus on the negatives, and fail to mention all of the good aspects.

There’s some repetition as the game goes on, but not Minutemen levels of repetition like in Fallout.

12 hours ago, O said:

The AI is largely fine. Haven’t experienced any major issues with it. Most enemies are manageable, except Hordes of course.

The Last of Us is a better story, but this allows the player more freedom and customisation. You can choose from a lot more weapons and can modify your bike too.

The collecting of materials, the aiming, sneaking and close quarters combat are very similar. It feels like the developers have taken inspiration from The Last of Us, The Walking Dead and MGSV.

There will be definitely be a sequel. The game was a commercial success.

Yeah I think I'll grab a used copy during my semester holidays.

Have played it a lot more now. The characters and story are great but beginning to notice a lot of the repetition and glitchy gameplay. 

It feels like the game was rushed which is a shame because a more polished version may have been considered a great. Sort of the opposite issues of MGSV which had stunning gameplay but an incomplete plot.

Best game I’ve played for a while though. Better than that Red Dead Redemption trash.