Sign in to follow this  
Cole

Your Top Five TV Shows

So with Game of Thrones now over, how would you rank your top five tv shows of all time? GoT was going to be top for me but season 8 blew it. 

1. Breaking Bad
  2. The Sopranos
  3. Game of Thrones
  4. The Wire
  5. Boardwalk Empire

That's mine. Breaking Bad still remains the GOAT for me. The pacing, character development everything was perfect. Vince Gilligan should have been writing GoT season 8 it would have been a hundred times better. 

What's yours?

1 hour ago, Cole said:

So with Game of Thrones now over, how would you rank your top five tv shows of all time? GoT was going to be top for me but season 8 blew it. 

1. Breaking Bad
  2. The Sopranos
  3. Game of Thrones
  4. The Wire
  5. Boardwalk Empire

That's mine. Breaking Bad still remains the GOAT for me. The pacing, character development everything was perfect. Vince Gilligan should have been writing GoT season 8 it would have been a hundred times better. 

What's yours?

Drops out of my top 5.

The Sopranos

Breaking Bad

Mad Men

The Wire

Mr. Robot

Counterpart might break into it.

20 minutes ago, O said:

Drops out of my top 5.

The Sopranos

Breaking Bad

Mad Men

The Wire

Mr. Robot

Counterpart might break into it.

I tried Mr Robot a couple years back but I couldn't get into it. Maybe i'll give it another go.

1. True Detective (S1)

2. Bojack Horseman

3. This is England

4. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

5. Peep Show

Tough to call though. Also enjoyed Mad Men, Luther, Black Mirror, The Office (UK), Scrubs, Community, Rick & Morty, Ash v Evil Dead, IT Crowd, Peaky Blinders, GoT (<6).... Honestly there's just to much haha

Currently watching West World and soon after Deadwood. They could make their way on the list as I do love Westerns tbh.

But True Detective will be king for a long while. That season was something else 

I haven't watched most of what you lot are on about above. Don't know why? maybe it is an age thing, or maybe I just don't dedicate the same amount of time to getting arse sores on the settee. Anyhows, here is my selection from what I have watched over the last few year. I tend to judge things on production and acting performances. I also prefer British production to American and atmospheric stuff from past times, as opposed to modern shite with car spinning up in the air and fannies doing kung foo kicks.

1. Peaky Blinders -  I joined the party late, but once I watched the first few episodes I was hooked and gobbled up 4 series in a week.This has to be the best thing ever on British TV. Great production, great acting and great cameo role from Tom Hardy. Like I said, atmospheric.

2. Rillington Place - Fucking Tim Roth, what an actor. If you ain't watched this do it for his acting alone. Again very atmospheric.

3. HOMELAND - Yes, American but fabulous all the same. This was another binge watch and turned me into a big Mandy Patinkin fan. Great actor.

4. TABOO - Tom Hardy again in a great role. Again, very atmospheric.

5. The Vikings - Watched this on a recommendation. It was very good but I decided to stop after 3-4 series. You can only repeat heads getting severed and blood and gore so many times.

British is best!

30 minutes ago, haggler said:

1. Only Fools and horses

2. The sopranos

3. House of cards ...... first three and a half seasons.

4. The Sweeney. 

5. Minder. The Terry Mc Cann version.

Watching some re-runs of Minder on the Yesterday channel.    I forgot how tacky but brilliant it was.  Arthur Daley was funny as fuck.

The Sopranos

Game of Thrones

breaking bad

Boardwalk Empire

walking dead

ffs this is harder than i thought!,the wire would have got in there but for some of the seasons it got boring as hell,season 1 was an absolute gem.

i would have like to put breaking bad one higher because every season was solid story lines in every season but game of thrones is still fresh on my mind.

Honorable mention for Dexter,sons of anarchy,banshee.

3 hours ago, TFIA said:

Prison Break was garbage after Season 2. 

After season 2..it was great uptil then..it did exhaust it self..as many serials do..so did  Breaking Bad get a bit cheesey towards the end..but the content..the initial content was ground breaking. 

8 hours ago, dualtamac said:

The Sopranos

Breaking Bad

Boardwalk Empire

Peaky Blinders

Mr Robot

Game of Thrones dropped out. I didn't count sitcoms as I'd have another list just for them.

Boardwalk would've definitely made my list had it not been for the horrendous season 5. 

Edit - I forgot about West Wing too. Definitely makes my list.,

Edited by Burns92

On 22/05/2019 at 22:18, pearson77 said:

In no particular order..Game Of Thrones, The Newsroom, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Cracker.

I thought this would be time scaled. Cracker was brilliant but of its day, just like others mentioned like Minder.

8 hours ago, Burns92 said:

Boardwalk would've definitely made my list had it not been for the horrendous season 5. 

Edit - I forgot about West Wing too. Definitely makes my list.,

That still disappoints me to this day. The first four seasons were excellent and they fucked it at the end. 

12 hours ago, Shoot said:

I thought this would be time scaled. Cracker was brilliant but of its day, just like others mentioned like Minder.

It's one of the best things I ever watched. Even now, I see someone in a film or tv series and go 'hey he-she was in Cracker!' And then i'll even remember which story they were in...sad innit haha...like the onion knight in GOT..he was in 'best boys' alongside John Simms (life on mars)

Edited by pearson77

17 minutes ago, pearson77 said:

It's one of the best things I ever watched. Even now, I see someone in a film or tv series and go 'hey he-she was in Cracker!' And then i'll even remember which story they were in...sad innit haha...like the onion knight in GOT..he was in 'best boys' alongside John Simms (life on mars)

🤦‍♂️ I completely forgot to mention Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. Loved those shows a lot!