Juanderful

Kalidou Koulibaly

1553809701_824779_1553809841_noticia_nor

Koulibaly. 27, but 28 at the start of next season. Senegalese. 6' 2"

Rumours are hotting up that he's our Chris Smalling slayer.

A tweet from Romano (Tier 1):

Looks like we might be able to pull the curtains. But to soon for anything else just yet. 

Let's get the hype train rolling so we can all crash together when Napoli hard ball us and we stick with our current defenders for next season.

Also, why didn't the board back Jose when he wanted to a CB? It's fair to say that he knows how to pick 'em.

Edited by Juanderful

23 hours ago, Juanderful said:

1553809701_824779_1553809841_noticia_nor

Koulibaly. 27, but 28 at the start of next season. Senegalese. 6' 2"

Rumours are hotting up that he's our Chris Smalling slayer.

A tweet from Romano (Tier 1):

Looks like we might be able to pull the curtains. But to soon for anything else just yet. 

Let's get the hype train rolling so we can all crash together when Napoli hard ball us and we stick with our current defenders for next season.

Also, why didn't the board back Jose when he wanted to a CB? It's fair to say that he knows how to pick 'em.

That last line tho, must be sarcasm. 

I don't know if I'd spend the money quoted on this guy. Apparently Napoli want 130 million euros for him. At 28. If that's not a risk I don't know, I'd prefer we look elsewhere. 

This guy will end up as Mangala 2.0. Screenshot this. 

3 hours ago, St!mpy said:

That last line tho, must be sarcasm. 

I don't know if I'd spend the money quoted on this guy. Apparently Napoli want 130 million euros for him. At 28. If that's not a risk I don't know, I'd prefer we look elsewhere. 

This guy will end up as Mangala 2.0. Screenshot this. 

Point being, he identified that CB was a position he wanted another signing for last season as a means of improving the team. He was denied (apparently Godin was on the cards, amongst others) and the state of the team is pretty clear for all to see now. Now they're listening and looking likely that they'll break the world record fee Virgil set. Saying that - he probably would have broke the record on Harry bloody Maguire if he had his way haha.

In hindsight, they should have listened. Probably would have been a lot cheaper too as we were less desperate after finishing second. Not that I'm a defender of his, but I can respect that he knew what this squad needed and now we're in a far worse state. 

Who would you prefer, if not Koulibaly?

3 minutes ago, Juanderful said:

Point being, he identified that CB was a position he wanted another signing for last season as a means of improving the team. He was denied (apparently Godin was on the cards, amongst others) and the state of the team is pretty clear for all to see now. Now they're listening and looking likely that they'll break the world record fee Virgil set. Saying that - he probably would have broke the record on Harry bloody Maguire if he had his way haha.

In hindsight, they should have listened. Probably would have been a lot cheaper too as we were less desperate after finishing second. Not that I'm a defender of his, but I can respect that he knew what this squad needed and now we're in a far worse state. 

Who would you prefer, if not Koulibaly?

If we went for a very young rebuild (as in building a squad that have a similar average age and that can grow together), I’d be looking at;

Umtiti, de Ligt, Tah, Diallo, Akanji, Upamecano, Dion, Rugani and Romagnoli.

Koulibaly would basically be sacrificing his prime years to help us rebuild, and probably won’t have any trophies to show for it.

Would like to see Tuanzebe and Lindelöf play together though. Might be something there.

We desperately need a defender of his quality as we conceded 50+ goals. I think Lindelof is good and can be elite but I think he’ll always be better off as the second best guy in a pairing.

Signing Koulibaly and Wan-Bissaka (or another comparable RB) would actually give us at worst the third best back 4 in the league? Especially if people leave Spurs as was rumored all year tho idk how likely that is now given their new situation. 

10 minutes ago, TFIA said:

He's really overrated. Still an upgrade on what we have.

The amount we'll have to pay is ridiculous. The only CB worth anywhere near that is VVD.

He’s very good. Always had the physical qualities, but really developed on the ball under Sarri

The only worry is that he’d be coming from Italy.

Edited by O