6 minutes ago, SimplyGiggs said:

He just signed a long term contract. There's no way you can rip up the majority of the first team squad in one transfer window. There's a player there under the right management, and for me is not near the biggest issues in the squad, not above those listed anyway.

He has had plenty of chance under 3 different managers now. He is a piss taking cunt.

Cant see how you can make that comment. Only hope for him is to give him a sustained run playing him central, but doesn't excuse his lazy arse performances.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SimplyGiggs said:

We obviously won't be selling 50% of the first team squad - regardless of how badly most of them need to go.

Priority is getting rid of the absolute must leaves, being: Darmian, Valencia, Sanchez and Rojo.

Then getting good deals for the expendable assets: Pogba (and maybe De Gea)

Finally offering easy outs to the players whose game time should be severely cut back should they decide to remain at the club: Matic, Young, Pereira.

Then get going to strengthening the side and putting together a coaching side capable of getting the best out of those remaining. Of course, none of this will happen.

your not getting it  those must leavers havent played all season there is a tendancy to blame sanchez for everything.

we need to offload 90% of the team that went out on sunday and fucked the fans.

sell fred the red mascott,the hamburger man and the car park staff,after all these have been around the club more often than your must sells this season  in the prem.

darmian 3 wins 2 defeats 2 draws from 7 this season

valencia 3 wins 1 defeat 1 draw from 5

alexis 11  wins 3 defeats 6 draws from 20 only 1 was 90 mins

rojo 4 wins 1 draw  from 5

open your eyes and use your brain if you do you might see the disinformation

Edited by dodgy dave

Even as short a period of time as 2-3 weeks ago, I was of the view that we couldn't get rid of too many players because we'd need cover and couldn't leave ourselves short.  With what's happened since, as well as only being in the Europe League next season, I would happily get rid of a lot of them and go with the "LVG approach" of having a smaller squad of more experienced players, backed up by youngsters. 

Definitely keep;

• Romero
  • Lindelof
  • Smalling
  • Dalot
  • Shaw
  • Tuanzebe
  • Pereira
  • Fred
  • McTominay
  • Rashford

Shaw is only in the definitely keep list by default because there are bigger problems in the squad than him.  Smalling is only in as well as he'd be good back up, but is a player we should be looking to replace in the next year or two. 

There are others that I'm content to see going either way due to their different circumstances.

• De Gea (if his focus is elsewhere then let him go, even if we could do without needing to replace him)
  • Darmian (always thought he's not as bad as most people think and would be a decent player to keep around for squad purposes.  But he's hardly played, so he'll want to go and we could easily let him go)
  • Mata (similar to Darmian really, plus his experience and attitude would be useful)
  • Herrera (a player I would normally think we'd be stupid to let go, but it depends on what the issue is with his negotiations)
  • Lukaku (has had his moments and decent performances, but have some concerns over his demeanour at times. Would give him the benefit of the doubt but would sell if we got a decent offer)

I've only really listed the players who have been or are mostly mentioned as being first teamers. Players like Chong, Greenwood, Garner, even Fosu-Mensah, etc I would consider to be in the "youngsters to back them up" category.  If not, a few of them could perhaps go out on loan.

Edited by Jay007

Sanchez, lukaku and 20mill 4 icardi ,skirnar

Pogba and 20mill  4 bale,isco,kroos

Buy win bissaka 45 mill

Buy eriksen, alderweierld 100mill

Try 4 ronaldo ,,50mill plus martial

Sell.matic 20mill

Sell lingard 20mill.

Sell fred 30mill

Sell jones 15mill

Sell darmian 7mill

215 odd mill out

90 odd mill in

Get ponchentino 45mill and van der sar in

Team

De gea

Win bissaka   skirnar  alderweierld  shaw

Eriksen          kroos         isco

Bale           icardi           ronaldo

Subs..rashford, smalling,lindelof,mctominay, gomes,Greenwood, chong,garner  etc

6 hours ago, Bill said:

Sanchez, lukaku and 20mill 4 icardi ,skirnar

Pogba and 20mill  4 bale,isco,kroos

Buy win bissaka 45 mill

Buy eriksen, alderweierld 100mill

Try 4 ronaldo ,,50mill plus martial

Sell.matic 20mill

Sell lingard 20mill.

Sell fred 30mill

Sell jones 15mill

Sell darmian 7mill

215 odd mill out

90 odd mill in

Get ponchentino 45mill and van der sar in

Team

De gea

Win bissaka   skirnar  alderweierld  shaw

Eriksen          kroos         isco

Bale           icardi           ronaldo

Subs..rashford, smalling,lindelof,mctominay, gomes,Greenwood, chong,garner  etc

giphy.gif

On 06/05/2019 at 22:35, dodgy dave said:

your not getting it  those must leavers havent played all season there is a tendancy to blame sanchez for everything.

we need to offload 90% of the team that went out on sunday and fucked the fans.

sell fred the red mascott,the hamburger man and the car park staff,after all these have been around the club more often than your must sells this season  in the prem.

darmian 3 wins 2 defeats 2 draws from 7 this season

valencia 3 wins 1 defeat 1 draw from 5

alexis 11  wins 3 defeats 6 draws from 20 only 1 was 90 mins

rojo 4 wins 1 draw  from 5

open your eyes and use your brain if you do you might see the disinformation

I don't know if I've ever seen such a brilliant post. 

Not sure why Rashford gets a free ride. He's lost what made him appealing in the past - hard work, determination, passion. Now he just falls, waves his hands in the air, doesn't track back and takes cancerous free - kicks. 

He's become a 'star' in his head, before his time. Not good.

Edited by St!mpy
7 hours ago, St!mpy said:

Not sure why Rashford gets a free ride. He's lost what made him appealing in the past - hard work, determination, passion. Now he just falls, waves his hands in the air, doesn't track back and takes cancerous free - kicks. 

He's become a 'star' in his head, before his time. Not good.

Been saying this after every game. He thinks he's made it already.

Sending him out on loan to the championship or abroad would be the perfect reality check.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for Ed Woodward to pull his finger out of his arse and start buying and selling!

Or are we gonna wait until Champions leagle final is over and Spurs and Liverpool can join in the transfer scramble?

Or his he waiting to find out if he can buy Bale on the last day of the window!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am personally inspired of new coach after Solskjaer and one I want tonight is Roy Keane as head coach and Paul Scholes as assistant so the team can be built on something sensible under Roy Keane. 

Even though VDB is our best talent, he does not fit in, so I would rather Bruno Fernandes be the team's game organizer. 

DM Pogba and DM Matic could stay if we replace AM Van De Beek with a striker for Van De Beek so I think the coach should form and possibly Fred will not remain in the team and AM B.Fernandes, DM McTominay and winger Mata, Diallo and Pellistri will stay and the reputation in January 2021 Caicedo as the club is number one in the race for the signature if this DM in South America and the outer midfield must be right, there will probably be a transfer from AEK in Greece or from South America to a new club replacement will find the club in Leipzig that went transfer 2021 but summer 2021 and James out in august 2021 I think he will not play in Reds I do not want to go In exact detail or well I said outer midfielder Muamer Tankovic or left-winger Szoboszlai or left-winger G.Veron and DM Puigmal or DM Mejbri from U23 fit in.

That the Reds find significantly cheaper players than the expensive players 20/30 and 40/50 million euros are normal prices for signings.

Ten midfielders in squad are possible.

Just midfield debate.

On 05/05/2019 at 19:58, kevthebad said:

After another incredulously poor display ending any hopes of champions league next season, rather than asking who you'd sell, it's probably easier to ask who you'd keep?

For me it'd probably be:

Romero

Tuanabe

Lindelof

McTominny

Lingard

Rashford ( unless Barca offer over 90 million for him )

Pogba is not for sale but Rashford out is great gossip I will take 60 million pound for the English striker.

Keep:

Pogba

Matic

B.Fernandes

McTominay

Mata

Diallo

Pellistri

I will the reputation central midfielder in January 2021.

Transfers next season:

Well I said outer midfielder Muamer Tankovic or left-winger Szoboszlai or left-winger G.Veron and DM Puigmal or DM Mejbri from U23 fit into 1st team.

Ten midfielders would be great and about midfield debate.

Last month, Calcio Mercato revealed that Nikola Milenkovic does not want to renew his contract with Fiorentina which will expire in 2022 and Manchester United are one of the sides who could offer him a lucrative deal to secure his signature.

More recently, reports suggest that the Red Devils can get the signing done if they pay the asking price of 25 million euros (£23million).

The Serbian defender made his 100th appearance for the Viola at the weekend but as per La Nazione, his future remains up in the air.

The renowned Italian source have mentioned that for now the renewal talks are on hold till the summer and the player could depart in the upcoming winter transfer window.

It is further stated that Fiorentina would allow him to leave if the valuation of £23million is met and they will not drop the asking price.

Manchester United have currently got the second best attacking record in the Premier League but defensively, they have been highly inconsistent.

Solskjaer’s men have already let in 21 goals in 13 league outings and they have the worst record among the top 10 teams in the table.

One of the main reasons behind their poor record is that Lindelof and Maguire have not been able to form a solid central defensive partnership. The Norwegian manager has tried them for a considerable amount of time and I think it is time to bring in a new face to solve the dilemma.

23-year-old Milinekovic is at the right age, has ample experience under his belt but this season, even he has been out of form for the Fiorentina side, who are struggling in the bottom half of the table.

In your view, should Man Utd bid £23million to sign the 26-capped international from the Serie A side next month?

Our defence is ok but by no means world class. If you look around the top dozen sides in europe it'd be hard to make a case for any of them to get into their starting xi on merit.

Central midfield is good on its day but at other times average like vs villa. Poor composure and ball retention when we need to control a game are big issues. No one can control a game like carrick did of boss a midfield like keano. 

Bruno fernandes is a top drawer player and nothing more needs to be said. Pogba has been in better form lately but still needs to go. Van der beek seems to be seen as to big a downgrade on fernandez to be trusted in rotation. 

Rashford seems to have regained sharpness although rather wasteful in scoring situations. Martial is average as top four strikers go and cavani more a short term fix but still looks like a proper centre forward. 

A potential title winning side in the current climate but several high calibre players away (and probably manager as well) from a champions league winning outfit. 

56 minutes ago, John Locke said:

Our defence is ok but by no means world class. If you look around the top dozen sides in europe it'd be hard to make a case for any of them to get into their starting xi on merit.

Central midfield is good on its day but at other times average like vs villa. Poor composure and ball retention when we need to control a game are big issues. No one can control a game like carrick did of boss a midfield like keano. 

Bruno fernandes is a top drawer player and nothing more needs to be said. Pogba has been in better form lately but still needs to go. Van der beek seems to be seen as to big a downgrade on fernandez to be trusted in rotation. 

Rashford seems to have regained sharpness although rather wasteful in scoring situations. Martial is average as top four strikers go and cavani more a short term fix but still looks like a proper centre forward. 

A potential title winning side in the current climate but several high calibre players away (and probably manager as well) from a champions league winning outfit. 

The standard of the average footballer has risen, in my opinion. But the standard of the top players has declined.

How many top, top level footballers are operating currently? Maybe 20 elite. I'm talking would still look good 5-10 years ago.

On current form, I would include Bruno in that 20 due to his end product + mentality

The others are probably: Neuer, Oblak, van Dijk, Ramos, Robertson, Alaba, Kimmich, Casemiro, KDB, Müller, Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi, Salah, Mbappé, Lewandowski, Benzema, Kane, Ibrahimović, Haaland.

Question marks over Verratti, Pogba and Hazard, for me. The three obvious omissions.

We're lucky to have one of them. For awhile, we only had De Gea. We'd have two of them had De Gea not declined so sharply.

35 minutes ago, O said:

The standard of the average footballer has risen, in my opinion. But the standard of the top players has declined.

How many top, top level footballers are operating currently? Maybe 20 elite. I'm talking would still look good 5-10 years ago.

On current form, I would include Bruno in that 20 due to his end product + mentality

The others are probably: Neuer, Oblak, van Dijk, Ramos, Robertson, Alaba, Kimmich, Casemiro, KDB, Müller, Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi, Salah, Mbappé, Lewandowski, Benzema, Kane, Ibrahimović, Haaland.

Question marks over Verratti, Pogba and Hazard, for me. The three obvious omissions.

We're lucky to have one of them. For awhile, we only had De Gea. We'd have two of them had De Gea not declined so sharply.

No Davies??

I don't necessarily mean the elite players. Do we even have any players that belong in the next tier down or even come close to our previous great sides. Jack Grealish is practically a shoe in and there are others who we could think of who are an upgrade on what we have.

Just now, John Locke said:

No Davies??

I don't necessarily mean the elite players. Do we even have any players that belong in the next tier down or even come close to our previous great sides. Jack Grealish is practically a shoe in and there are others who we could think of who are an upgrade on what we have.

Too early to call him elite based on one season. He still has to learn a lot defensively. He's been injured most of this season.

Our squad is pretty good tbh. Our depth is what gives us an advantage over the likes of Leicester, Everton, Villa, Arsenal, etc. They all have good starting XIs for the most part, but don't have the level of player we can bring on in most games.

Pogba isn't even a guaranteed starter. There aren't many team who can boast the likes of Telles, Pogba, vdB and Cavani as squad players/subs.

Our squad isn't perfect, but there isn't a complete squad in the entire league. 

I'm a harsh critic of Ole due to the players he has available to him. We could improve a few areas of the squad, but so can everyone.

We should still be looking for a CB regardless of Bailly, in case he gets injured again. And signing Aarons to compete with AWB at RB would be a good addition to the squad too.