After another incredulously poor display ending any hopes of champions league next season, rather than asking who you'd sell, it's probably easier to ask who you'd keep?

For me it'd probably be:

Romero

Tuanabe

Lindelof

McTominny

Lingard

Rashford ( unless Barca offer over 90 million for him )

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep:

• Romero
  • Shaw
  • Young (backup for Shaw)
  • Dalot
  • Lindelöf 
  • Tuanzebe (better than Bailly and Rojo)
  • Smalling (squad player)
  • Fred (needs a 2nd season)
  • McTominay
  • Garner
  • Gomes
  • Herrera (keep if a deal can be sorted)
  • Andreas (utility player)
  • Lingard (squad player)
  • Rashford
  • Greenwood

Loan:

• Henderson (PL loan to Sheffield United)
  • Chong (Loan to a club like Swansea)
  • O'Connor (Championship/League One loan)
4 hours ago, JJtheRed said:

Keep? 

Lindelöf

Fred

Pogba 

McMuffin

DDG

Dalot 

Shaw (as backup) 

We’re kinda stuck with Martial for now.  

POGBA.

He is the problem 

He cost Mourinho the job and if he stays he will do the same for ole

Look how bad he has been since ole got the job.

His attitude stinks the place out. He has ability but only shows it once in a blue moon.

The only hope is to get shot of Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku, Young, Jones, Fred, Matic, Lingard, Bailly etc etc

Fred? Wtf

FRED

5 hours ago, O said:

Keep:

• Romero
  • Shaw
  • Young (backup for Shaw)
  • Dalot
  • Lindelöf 
  • Tuanzebe (better than Bailly and Rojo)
  • Smalling (squad player)
  • Fred (needs a 2nd season)
  • McTominay
  • Garner
  • Gomes
  • Herrera (keep if a deal can be sorted)
  • Andreas (utility player)
  • Lingard (squad player)
  • Rashford
  • Greenwood

Loan:

• Henderson (PL loan to Sheffield United)
  • Chong (Loan to a club like Swansea)
  • O'Connor (Championship/League One loan)

Do you hate United fans?  keep young?

But next season will be ugly if  we don't recoup properly.

8 hours ago, haggler said:

POGBA.

He is the problem 

His attitude stinks the place out. He has ability but only shows it once in a blue moon.

The only hope is to get shot of Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku, Young, Jones, Fred, Matic, Lingard, Bailly etc etc

Fred? Wtf

FRED

Pogba’s form helped Ole get the job a lot sooner than he should’ve. 

Apart from the odd mistake, Fred is one of the few players who looked like he belonged at that level when we’ve played a half-decent team. 

9 hours ago, haggler said:

POGBA.

He is the problem 

Fred? Wtf

FRED

Martial needs to go with him

i cant find a genuine reason to keep any of the first team squad. even lindloff the best of the bunch this year is not good enough but probally is the evil of all our lessers.

we need to payoff sanchez, sell every1 who used his wage to get or blackmail a wage increase, drop the wage on all the medeocre players to a max of £80k or leave (limpdick matic,heskey,smallshit and the gurner)they aint worth more.

and ffs shave the head of that silly cunt from the reserves he`s embarresing.

I don't think there is a simple way to turn this around. The club started it's decline following the sale of ronaldo and then we followed that up with mostly mediocre transfer windows and relying on the old guard to pull us through. Moyes spell probably prematurely finished the united careers of several players which didn't help matters.

Since fergusons and gills departure our transfer strategy has been average at best and at times shocking. Clearly you can't always guarantee signings to be a hit but we've seen enough to know that Woodward clearly doesn't have a clue how to handle that side of affairs and needs to go. 

Our current predicament reminds me of liverpools struggles in the 90s. In the past we fell behind chelsea and arsenal for a while and before then even faced threats from blackburn and newcastle. Ferguson managed to pull us back up to the top though after a season or two. Now we have even bigger problems, notably city but even clubs like liverpool and tottenham who are working to a sustainable budget, so it's more alarming that we are falling behind those teams than city as that indicates that the running of the club and not lack of finances is at fault. I do also sense that the club has become drunk on success and complacent and it doesn't take much to be overtaken. We are not playing in the spl here.

Following the arrival of OGS we went on a remarkable run of form but the resilts before then and post psg suggest we were punching above our weight during that period. Still to have had such a run tells us that the squad isn't complete shit but its perhaps some way short of challenging domestically and in europe.

OGS needs to stamp his authority on the club and assemble players who will give 200% for him and the club. I think the only way to do this is do what ferguson did and cull some of the oldies and players whose attitude is not quite where it should be even if they have talent or think they have. Sanchez young mata pogba (for the right price). Even if next season we are only fighting for fourth but have a fresher and hungrier look then I think we should go with that approach.

Edited by John Locke
1 hour ago, John Locke said:

OGS needs to stamp his authority on the club and assemble players who will give 200% for him and the club. I think the only way to do this is do what ferguson did and cull some of the oldies and players whose attitude is not quite where it should be even if they have talent or think they have.

That's where we are at.

i dont remember fergie culling oldies? giggs stuck around for 5 years more than he should of,same with garlick and fletcher

thats why tommy doc worked, he had no friends or loyalties, you weren`t good enough bye bye.

i bet a pound to a piece of shit youngs, ollys dressing room bitch. thats why he`s still about

I cant see a way out of this besides buying talent from around the world,who have no agents and are not known,

because we will end up paying extortunate wages for lower than average players because who would  want to come here if your any good and play amungst this lot.

Edited by dodgy dave
13 minutes ago, dodgy dave said:

i dont remember fergie culling oldies? giggs stuck around for 5 years more than he should of,same with garlick and fletcher

thats why tommy doc worked, he had no friends or loyalties, you weren`t good enough bye bye.

i bet a pound to a piece of shit youngs, ollys dressing room bitch. thats why he`s still about

I cant see a way out of this besides buying talent from around the world,who have no agents and are not known,

because we will end up paying extortunate wages for lower than average players because who would  want to come here if your any good and play amungst this lot.

If you are old enough to remember The Doc's days then you should remember a couple of occasions where Fergie had a clear out.

(imo) his clearing were personal not in the best interest of the club, do you remember him bringing a retired scholes back costing us £90m that debacle. stam becks,keane,rvn all pissed him off personally not on the field.infact besides the ince kanchelski incident i dont remember wherelse he shifted people in the clubs interested

i do remember neville having to quit,same with chocolate eclair, same with his own son all quit in the betterment of the club.it must be a football manager thing,getting attached to players over the years and cant break the news or see the drop in form.

19 minutes ago, dodgy dave said:

(imo) his clearing were personal not in the best interest of the club, do you remember him bringing a retired scholes back costing us £90m that debacle. stam becks,keane,rvn all pissed him off personally not on the field.infact besides the ince kanchelski incident i dont remember wherelse he shifted people in the clubs interested

i do remember neville having to quit,same with chocolate eclair, same with his own son all quit in the betterment of the club.it must be a football manager thing,getting attached to players over the years and cant break the news or see the drop in form.

What about McGrath and Whiteside?

12 minutes ago, dodgy dave said:

Didnt McGrath leave at 25 ish  same as whiteside both liked a pissup sharpie too but its not what i ment these aint oldies  just bad boys.

McGrath was around 30 when he left United but he was in his 40's when he was in his 20's. He played until he was 72.

Whiteside was the same but retired early.

We obviously won't be selling 50% of the first team squad - regardless of how badly most of them need to go.

Priority is getting rid of the absolute must leaves, being: Darmian, Valencia, Sanchez and Rojo.

Then getting good deals for the expendable assets: Pogba (and maybe De Gea)

Finally offering easy outs to the players whose game time should be severely cut back should they decide to remain at the club: Matic, Young, Pereira.

Then get going to strengthening the side and putting together a coaching side capable of getting the best out of those remaining. Of course, none of this will happen.

Just now, THE BASTARD said:

Absolutely.    Kerplunk too.   Both get to fuck.    We need to find a couple of rapid fast strikers  and get some fuckin zip back into the team.

You cant knock Lukaku for effort, that's the difference. That Martial is a lazy, heartless, fraudulent cunt.

2 minutes ago, THE BASTARD said:

I can so I did.   Ive never seen a hitchhiker play up top for us.  Mohamed Ali playing Jenga had a better touch.

No argument, but it's not for lack of effort. That's the contrast, he works like fuck but doesn't have the talent. Martial has the talent and is lazy bastard who wont work hard enough for it to bear fruit.

Edited by Shoot
38 minutes ago, Shoot said:

Martial must surely now be added to this.

He just signed a long term contract. There's no way you can rip up the majority of the first team squad in one transfer window. There's a player there under the right management, and for me is not near the biggest issues in the squad, not above those listed anyway.