PVAD

Ole Sack Watch

21 hours ago, TheManc said:

A Europa league win will definitely secure his job imo. 

Club Brugge will be tough opponents. They were very competitive against PSG and Real in 3 of the 4 games.

Top of the Belgian league too.

Hans Vankaen and Ruud Vormer are very good midfielders. And they have some very dangerous strikers.

Wouldn't be surprised if they do an Athletic Bilbao 2012 on us.

22 hours ago, O said:

If McTominay and Pogba are back for/after the Chelsea game, he might have a chance at pulling off a somewhat respectable end to the season.

Both are back in training according to recent reports.

One is barely average and the other is a lazy cunt who'll put in a good performance every month or two and then tell his agent to tell the media that he wants to leave 

What a boost

38 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

One is barely average and the other is a lazy cunt who'll put in a good performance every month or two and then tell his agent to tell the media that he wants to leave 

What a boost

You could always end it all.

Shut us down.

Edited by O

21 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

What a boost

The way I look at it is if the player was transfer-listed, which club would be first in line to buy.

Pogba would probably go to a top European side like Juve or Real. McTominay would probably be wanted by the likes of Palace, West Ham, or Newcastle.

13 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

The way I look at it is if the player was transfer-listed, which club would be first in line to buy.

Pogba would probably go to a top European side like Juve or Real. McTominay would probably be wanted by the likes of Palace, West Ham, or Newcastle.

Our fans do tend to overestimate McTominay’s abilities.

*coughs @TFIA

To be fair McGerrard was putting up some decent numbers.  But the reality is that its just not difficult to do in this poor team.

Messi Lingard has been that poor, he could French kiss the whole town of Wuhan in China and still not pass anything to his team mates.

Edited by THE BASTARD

On 03/02/2020 at 10:52, MikeM said:

Will be interesting to see if a victory in a cup, but failing to finish top four will be enough. As much as I feel there are better options out there such as Poch, I still feel perhaps we need to see this plan come to fruition - as for as much as the results are not coming - there is lots of evidence to finally suggest there is a final template he is working towards.

And like it or not, we have been f*cked by injuries this season - although of course it's on the manager to make sure we have a strong squad.

I want to happen partly to see if the Glazers are committed to rebuilding or if they are all about the money. If Solskjear does Van Gaal win FA cup and becomes 5th then get sacked then that should be the final confirmation on where the Glazers stand and that should be enough for the fans to start to protest them properly.  But with that said if Ole doesn't get sacked then he at least deserves another year.

I don't see Ole as the manager to coach our team to victory or build the club to a point where we are contesting at the top for decades, however, i do believe the squad is improving, but I don't see his on field strategy, therefore i'm up for poch and maybe Ole as Transfer Tzar.

Everyone made a big deal out of that but it's nothing, really. Ashton is there for PR and nothing to do with hiring or firing a manager.

Unless you wanted to be cynical and believe maybe Ashton intended to be seen with Poch as a tester to see how excited United fans would get at the connection.

11 hours ago, TheManc said:

Everyone made a big deal out of that but it's nothing, really. Ashton is there for PR and nothing to do with hiring or firing a manager.

Unless you wanted to be cynical and believe maybe Ashton intended to be seen with Poch as a tester to see how excited United fans would get at the connection.

spot on .

There are cynical and as You said they are trying to see the fan reactions  and related with that matter Poch will be  useless for United .Why not Allegri !?

I can see a similar thing happening like what the Dirties did.    Bring in a decent manager with proven experience. Cashed in on their only decent player Coutinho and brought in team players with that money that fitted the plan.

Poch and the sale of Pogba would facilitate that. 

The lowering of expectations to the point where we can be 8th in a terrible Premier League with zero evidence of playing the fast + exciting style he used in his initial sales pitch, is his greatest accomplishment. 

Edited by TheManc

2 minutes ago, TheManc said:

The lowering of expectations to the point where we can be 8th in a terrible Premier League with zero evidence of playing the fast + exciting style he used in his initial sales pitch, is his greatest accomplishment. 

Equally though loads are saying we've lowered our expectations which is fine, it is true - but to some extent we're so shit now that we have to stop living in the past because we are not the top tier Manchester United anymore - look at how most people look at Milan now, we're not really much above that anymore - still a bit, but not much