PVAD

Ole Sack Watch

I like his general idea of replacing the players who aren't up to it(Lukaku Alexsis Darmain Smalling and probably Matic Young Jones etc to follow in the next few windows) and replacing them with young hungry players rather then big name players who are only here for a big payday and think there bigger then the club.

However with every passing week it looks more and more like he just isn't the man to implement it. At the end of the day it's a results business and they have been pretty much horrible since PSG away and more worryingly the performances have been largely poor and not the type where you think we're close to turning a corner and getting the results to match up with the performances.

I keep on saying hiring a new manager isn't going to solve everything and I stand by that. Doesn't matter who we appoint we'll be still in the same cycle we've been in since Fergie retired. Will results and performances improve with a Potch/whoever? Most likely. Will they improve and will he they be let to push on with certain things to really take us back to where we should be? I seriously doubt it.

I think it might be time for Ole to go but i'm not optimistic about the future regardless of who we appoint unless he can perform miracles and get the largely poor/very average squad playing well above there level along with a few new signings and the few good players we have. With the way we're run we basically need a Fergie clone and sadly for us he was a one off. 

1 minute ago, Canto said:

I like his general idea of replacing the players who aren't up to it(Lukaku Alexsis Darmain Smalling and probably Matic Young Jones etc to follow in the next few windows) and replacing them with young hungry players rather then big name players who are only here for a big payday and think there bigger then the club.

However with every passing week it looks more and more like he just isn't the man to implement it. At the end of the day it's a results business and they have been pretty much horrible since PSG away and more worryingly the performances have been largely poor and not the type where you think we're close to turning a corner and getting the results to match up with the performances.

I keep on saying hiring a new manager isn't going to solve everything and I stand by that. Doesn't matter who we appoint we'll be still in the same cycle we've been in since Fergie retired. Will results and performances improve with a Potch/whoever? Most likely. Will they improve and will he they be let to push on with certain things to really take us back to where we should be? I seriously doubt it.

I think it might be time for Ole to go but i'm not optimistic about the future regardless of who we appoint unless he can perform miracles and get the largely poor/very average squad playing well above there level along with a few new signings and the few good players we have. With the way we're run we basically need a Fergie clone and sadly for us he was a one off. 

The German Fergie is at Anfield.

Keep him till December end and we will be in the bottom half of the table. Getting him out and get a new manager in also does not sort anything out. 

7 minutes ago, Canto said:

A very mediocre/mid table outfit.     It needs a massive clear out.  Martial. Young. Shaw. Lingard. Matic. Mata.Jones. Lindelof.  Pogba going regardless.   And it needs a massive cash injection, probably in the £300 million ball park.  And more importantly it needs an experienced manager to see it through.  It needs a clear out of players that are getting regular game time, not just fringe players like last summer.    Getting rid of Smalling, Sanchez and Darmian was a token gesture just to cut the wage bill.  It was nowhere near enough. 

Players simply dont want to come to United but a class manager may change that.

I WOULD rather listen to a Saddam Hussain political rally tape (I know he`s brown bread) than listen to anything that big nosed Bury cnut has to say about united, he`s the biggest traitor of all. at least Ole is clueless, what's his excuse ? I seen an interview after he took over that Spanish club, and he said (he should never have made it a clean slate for players) and that he got it wrong, and Fergie told him so,

10 months later he supports Ole for doing the same.

He`s up to something ? maybe see`s a takeover chance, I`m not sure, but I do hate the condescending cnut.

I would give him more time. Another manager would solve the problems? I don't think so. The problem is the quality of the squad and Woodward is responsible for it. Ole inherited a squad and had only one window transfer with 3 players to improve it. Mourinho had 4 transfer windows and he still failed, some still defends him. Ole had only 1 transfer window and you already judge his result? I think Ole wanted 5-6 new players in the summer but Woodward only gave him 3.

Do you think another manager can do well having to select Fred, Pereira, Gardner and Mata as starting midfielders? We have a bunch of average or young-and-raw players and I don't think any manager except SAF can do significantly better than Ole this season.

- Attack: Rashford, Martial and James have talent but they are very raw and inconsistent. James played only one season in the Championship, bought for 15m and went straight to the first team tells a lot about the quality of our attacking options. Greenwood is too young and inexperienced, we can't rely on him yet, even as a sub. We have too few options and not enough quality in the attack.

- Midfield: we lost our best midfielder Pogba since September and then the second best McTominay is injured as well. We have to play with Fred, Pereira, Mata, Lingard, Gardner... Do you think any top 4 team can play well with 3 of them in the midfield? Pereira would struggle to have game time at any club in the top half, if not the whole league.

- Defence: Lost best left back Shaw since August and had to field old and useless Young and then 18 years old Williams. Lindelof proved himself to be an average defender, very shaky at times. Bissaka is good at defending but average at attacking and our other option for RB is Dalot who is also injured all the time. Speechless about Jones.

Ole is probably not a top coach but he has certain qualities/advantages and to blame him for the performances is so unfair. We lost a lot of points this season due to individual mistakes and we have bad luck with long-term injuries as well. Our squad is average, the performances and our position on the table just reflect that. We need to give Ole more time and more quality players before we can judge (and sack) him. We are in the rebuilding process and it's not right to demand immediate results. It's delusional to hire another manager and hope he will do magic with this average squad. Any manager that comes here this time will need at least 2-4 transfer windows to fix the issues.

Edited by eric

Carrick needs to go as well. Been involved in a few regimes now.

McKenna was a very highly rated youth coach. Did great with The U18's. Maybe demote him to that level, as his ideas haven't really taken effect consistently during his time as 1st team coach.

Eric  I don't get your point ?  why give him time (besides 12 months for impersonating a football manager) there is no rebuild/no restructure, its a group of clueless ex players and what ? REALLY WHAT ?  we seen what another leg end could do Giggs and how did that go, fuck him off, and the coaching staff and then we`ll see. CANT BE WORSE TO HAVE BIG SAM HERE and I do meen that

Dodgers not fuckin about either.

56 minutes ago, O said:

McKenna was a very highly rated youth coach. Did great with The U18's. Maybe demote him to that level, as his ideas haven't really taken effect consistently during his time as 1st team coach.

Matic stormed off the training ground on Friday morning after a huge bust up with McKenna.

1 hour ago, O said:

I'd completely agree.

The buck ultimately stops with the manager but there is a reason why the whole backroom staff 9/10 times get sacked along with the manager when he is fired.

They coach as a team on the pitch (or fucking should do) and I see no positive influence Carrick has had on the first-team. Of course we are not privy to see what happens but if any cunt could seriously say that Carrick has has a positive influence then they're fucking burying their heads in the sand.

Some have actually had the audacity to say that the coaches should be vindicated in this shit show. Hahahah! 

I'd throw Phelan out too!!

Edited by PVAD

20 minutes ago, PVAD said:

I'd completely agree.

The buck ultimately stops with the manager but there is a reason why the whole backroom staff 9/10 times get sacked along with the manager when he is fired.

They coach as a team on the pitch (or fucking should do) and I see no positive influence Carrick has had on the first-team. Of course we are not privy to see what happens but if any cunt could seriously say that Carrick has has a positive influence then they're fucking burying their heads in the sand.

Some have actually had the audacity to say that the coaches should be vindicated in this shit show. Hahahah! 

I'd throw Phelan out too!!

Or maybe we are doing this wrong maybe we should throw Ole out and make Phelan the main man. After all this what United should have done in the summer of 2013 instead of Moyes.

2 hours ago, hdcantona said:

@MrSwellman - it's looking bleak for Ole, but I know you're not a fan of Poch who would probably be favourite to take over if he was to go sometime soon - who would you like to see have the job if not Pochettino? Allegri? Maybe Howe an outside bet?

If I could choose anyone, it would be Erik ten Hag from Ajax. Superb brand of football. Clear ability to improve young players and think he would do well. Bit of a punt but what have we to lose. Can’t believe he hasn’t been mentioned more tbh. I’d even be willing to wait until the summer given he probably won’t walk out mid season. But the wheels have to be set in motion.

22 minutes ago, MrSwellman said:

If I could choose anyone, it would be Erik ten Hag from Ajax. Superb brand of football. Clear ability to improve young players and think he would do well. Bit of a punt but what have we to lose. Can’t believe he hasn’t been mentioned more tbh. I’d even be willing to wait until the summer given he probably won’t walk out mid season. But the wheels have to be set in motion.

Would be great if we could bring in van der Sar with him as our Sporting Director.

Only 9 defeats in almost 2 years at Ajax. He managed Bayern's 2nd team for 2 seasons, so I imagine they will appoint him.

4 hours ago, eric said:

I would give him more time. Another manager would solve the problems? I don't think so. The problem is the quality of the squad and Woodward is responsible for it. Ole inherited a squad and had only one window transfer with 3 players to improve it. Mourinho had 4 transfer windows and he still failed, some still defends him. Ole had only 1 transfer window and you already judge his result? I think Ole wanted 5-6 new players in the summer but Woodward only gave him 3.

Do you think another manager can do well having to select Fred, Pereira, Gardner and Mata as starting midfielders? We have a bunch of average or young-and-raw players and I don't think any manager except SAF can do significantly better than Ole this season.

7 wins in 33 games.

Don't even mention Mourinho in the same breath as this fraud. He's out of his depth and even he knows it. 

7 hours ago, eric said:

- Attack: Rashford, Martial and James have talent but they are very raw and inconsistent. James played only one season in the Championship, bought for 15m and went straight to the first team tells a lot about the quality of our attacking options. Greenwood is too young and inexperienced, we can't rely on him yet, even as a sub. We have too few options and not enough quality in the attack.

- Midfield: we lost our best midfielder Pogba since September and then the second best McTominay is injured as well. We have to play with Fred, Pereira, Mata, Lingard, Gardner... Do you think any top 4 team can play well with 3 of them in the midfield? Pereira would struggle to have game time at any club in the top half, if not the whole league.

- Defence: Lost best left back Shaw since August and had to field old and useless Young and then 18 years old Williams. Lindelof proved himself to be an average defender, very shaky at times. Bissaka is good at defending but average at attacking and our other option for RB is Dalot who is also injured all the time. Speechless about Jones.

Ole is probably not a top coach but he has certain qualities/advantages and to blame him for the performances is so unfair. We lost a lot of points this season due to individual mistakes and we have bad luck with long-term injuries as well. Our squad is average, the performances and our position on the table just reflect that. We need to give Ole more time and more quality players before we can judge (and sack) him. We are in the rebuilding process and it's not right to demand immediate results. It's delusional to hire another manager and hope he will do magic with this average squad. Any manager that comes here this time will need at least 2-4 transfer windows to fix the issues.

I accept we're in a rebuild  phase but if he really only could sign three players then he shouldve moved heaven and earth to sign a midfielder. Fellaini gone, herrera gone, matic and mata pretty much finished as top level players. 

As others have said i think he has the right idea to try to rejuvenate the sudecwith younger players, however tactically he is not able to get the best from his players. He adopts a fairly conservative strategy that involves throwing few players into the box. Defensively we arent rock solid either, so what style are we looking forbecause we're neither a good defensive side as we were under jose or a good attacking side. Set pieces are also abysmal and predictable. What might have helped him was to have a good right hand man, similar to ferguson queiroz, to help with the coaching side. 

Give him.more time simply isn't an option anymore. Anyone besides solskjaer whos probably one of the most popular ex player after cantona would not be shown this amount of patience. Whatever else is wrong with the squad or the club generally, these level of performances just aren't acceptable. 

Personally I think he's a lot safer than he should be. 

Football isn't that nice to watch, piss poor form at all levels, rivals running away from us. To finish top 8 under Solksjaer would be a miracle, and he would claim it as a positive. But it sounds like the club love him, the players are definitely fighting for him. It's going to be a very bad season.