• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The time to sell is now. Unlike Chelsea with Hazard, we are in a position of strength. Pogba has 3 years to run on his contract, just turned 26 and is coming off the back off his “best ever”

It's funny when he's been called 'lazy' when he literally covers the most distance (although that's not that difficult, as a team we cover the least ground in the league), provided the most assists an

Fuck it, if we are going to be shite, at least can we be shite with players we can like and respect. A horrible individual and a genuine cancer in the dressing room. 

In in an ideal world, I'd sell Pogba for a profit and look to bring in midfielders such as Frenkie de Jong, Tanguy Ndombélé, Houssem Aouar, Florian Neuhaus and Lorenzo Pellegrini before their values sky rocket even further.

But I do think Angel Gomes can become a special player for us if given the opportunity in the right system.

36 minutes ago, Txrt said:

Weren't you one of those that was sure about how Mourinho would be successful here? That's why your opinion is completely worthless to me. 

You are indeed entitled to your opinion, like everyone else is. I have no problem having a debate and argumenting for my point of view, and reading opinions against it from people that make sense, post with logic and say things that are logical. However when you've been wrong over and over and over again, and you don't have a single good argument to support your opinion or anything like that, I don't even care. 

How do you want me to take your opinion seriously when you're cearly talking of things you have no clue about most of the times? Yesterday I read a post by you saying Jardim IS in charge of a group of young players at Monaco. When he was sacked more than two months ago! You don't even know what you're talking about, why should I even care about what you say?

If my post hurt @hyruga, I will apologize to him, and I will explain why I think his post doesn't make any sense.

I was indeed  behind Mourinho, like most were because we wanted it to work for the sake of the club.  It didn't, I have had no hesitation in admitting I got it wrong.    Which I have stated many times.    You mention ive been wrong "over and over again".  Yet conveniently forget to mention that "YOU"  was the one that constantly  kept embarrassingly banging on about just how good our squad is and was "full of class players"  which plenty of us told you was utter fucking dog shit, because it clearly wasn't and isn't to this day.   But we should just forget that shouldn't we?

Now you come back tearing into someone who dares say that Pogba is a good player?      He probably would be a better player if we get the right players around him.   Should start like getting rid of pretenders like Mata, Herrera who have failed 3 managers.

Maybe you should grow up and take your childish agenda's elsewhere.

25 minutes ago, THE BASTARD said:

I was indeed  behind Mourinho, like most were because we wanted it to work for the sake of the club.  It didn't, I have had no hesitation in admitting I got it wrong.    Which I have stated many times.    You mention ive been wrong "over and over again".  Yet conveniently forget to mention that "YOU"  was the one that constantly  kept embarrassingly banging on about just how good our squad is and was "full of class players"  which plenty of us told you was utter fucking dog shit, because it clearly wasn't and isn't to this day.   But we should just forget that shouldn't we?

Now you come back tearing into someone who dares say that Pogba is a good player?      He probably would be a better player if we get the right players around him.   Should start like getting rid of pretenders like Mata, Herrera who have failed 3 managers.

Maybe you should grow up and take your childish agenda's elsewhere.

Wanting the club to do well and being behind Mourinho aren't the same thing. Mourinho's previous experiences were there for everyone to see, everyone could see how they ended and everyone saw how outdated he was. I have no problem in admitting when I'm wrong, for example, with van Dijk who I never rated highly, but I now think is absolutely fantastic. However, I stand by my sentence about our squad being better than 99% of the other team's in the world. I believe we have plenty of great players, to be doing much much much better than we are currently, and that's what the board apparently is thinking too, by sacking Mourinho and not the players. 

First of all, I've never said Pogba isn't a good player. I've just ALWAYS maintaned that he isn't a star player, world class. He was never going to be the new Zidane and the shit they talked, neither the best midfielder in the league like they said. And we wanted a start that would take us to the next level, a world class player. That's why he's earning a world class salary. And that's what I don't think he is: world class. I never said he was bad. If I did, which I highly doubt, apart from in matchday threads, I apologize for that.

But explain to me, why is Pogba a good player? What do you see in him that makes him a good player? What are the attributes you value most from him, and the ones you think make him a good player? 

What I  see is in Pogba is a player that just wants to play football.   Not be used as "extra insurance" to protect a clearly pedestrian Matic.    What an absolute fuckin waste.    Certain players from time to time need that license to play.    I dread to think what Van Gaal  and Mourinho would have done with Cantona. 

Pogba gives the team a lift because of his willingness to pick his head up and actually look to go forward.   He revels in bringing in players to the play. He's brave enough to try and pick that pass out which nobody else does.   For me he's been totally wasted by Mourinho.

Solskjear said back in August to Sky Sports that he cant believe Mourinho is not building the team around him.    I agreed then and I still do now.   Do I like his silly twitters, of course I don't, he looks a right prick. But with the right guidance there is a big player there for United.

I don't feel Pogba is a problem.  I feel the problem is that is that there are, and have been too many passengers in this United team that aren't really capable of giving any more.   Keano and Scholesy have hit on this point for the last 12 months and I totally agree.

There are too many that simply haven't delivered, even under 3 managers they still look ordinary.  And I'm pretty certain the likes of Pogba will have made their feelings clear.   And I cant say I blame him.   Especially when you see the way the likes of Spurs, City, Chelsea and the Dippers  are knocking it about with nice probing expansive football. 

9 hours ago, ALF said:

i suspect theres a bit of Sterling-like targeting here

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. 

If fans want to criticise his performances on the pitch that's fine, but when the media are deliberately mistranslating his interviews, assassinating his character and fabricating stories about training ground bust-ups; it's disappointing to see so many people lapping it up. The only man who has been smeared more than Pogba this year is Jeremy Corbyn, our press is a joke.

8 minutes ago, THE BASTARD said:

What I  see is in Pogba is a player that just wants to play football.   Not be used as "extra insurance" to protect a clearly pedestrian Matic.    What an absolute fuckin waste.    Certain players from time to time need that license to play.    I dread to think what Van Gaal  and Mourinho would have done with Cantona. 

Pogba gives the team a lift because of his willingness to pick his head up and actually look to go forward.   He revels in bringing in players to the play. He's brave enough to try and pick that pass out which nobody else does.   For me he's been totally wasted by Mourinho.

Solskjear said back in August to Sky Sports that he cant believe Mourinho is not building the team around him.    I agreed then and I still do now.   Do I like his silly twitters, of course I don't, he looks a right prick. But with the right guidance there is a big player there for United.

I don't feel Pogba is a problem.  I feel the problem is that is that there are, and have been too many passengers in this United team that aren't really capable of giving any more.   Keano and Scholesy have hit on this point for the last 12 months and I totally agree.

There are too many that simply haven't delivered, even under 3 managers they still look ordinary.  And I'm pretty certain the likes of Pogba will have made their feelings clear.   And I cant say I blame him.   Especially when you see the way the likes of Spurs, City, Chelsea and the Dippers  are knocking it about with nice probing expansive football. 

What I rate most about him, as I have said before, is his passing range and his physical conditions (being able to win the ball in the air, long legs, and very good coordination for his height). He can hit the ball very well with both feet, he's tall and he's decently strong. The physical tools are there, no doubt about that.

What I have had my reservations with is much more worrying. I think that first of all, he doesn't interpret the game as well as he should, if he wanted to become a world class player and a player that could make a difference. I don't think he is able to make a team play through him as you say, personally. He hasn't done so in United (even if Mourinho, I agree, is a big part of the problem), he hasn't done it for France either, where he wasn't even one of the top 5 performers this summer for me personally, and he wasn't the conductor of football at Juventus while he was there. He was an additional piece to the likes of Pirlo etc, who where the real regista's in that team, the guy through whom everything went. 

Now, that's another problem I find with Pogba. I think Mourinho has had a massive problem in his position and his role in the football pitch. He's been tried in a double pivot, he's been tried in a midfield three, and he's been tried as a number 10 as well. I agree that such inconsistency is not positive towards the performances of a player; but still, I think Pogba should have and could have offered much, much more than what he did these years. 

For me personally, he isn't good enough positionally to play at a holding midfielder role, neither he is to play in a double pivot. He is way too limited positionally and tactically to be able to hold a team on his own, and his decision making and game processing isn't as clean, sharp and fast as it should be in a player that plays there. In the double pivot, I think he doesn't get the chance to show his best attributes, which are physical (getting into the box), his shot. I don't really think he's a per se number 10 either. It's clearly obvious that he himself doesn't feel as comfortable with his back to goal, he doesn't have the constant ability to offer himself to both sides and find pockets in between lines, and again, he is way too slow on the ball and likes to carry it too much to make a difference in that kind of role. That leaves me with him playing in front of a holding mid, with freedom to get forward. In a role similar to the one he played at Juve or something similar to what Rakitic for example plays at Barcelona or De Bruyne at City. I think that is his best position, it frees him from defensive duties, it allows him to go forwards when facing the hole pitch, step into the box, make use of his physical attributes, etc. However, he's been played there too, and I believe he's been too wasteful even there. He doesn't seem to have the last pass needed in some situations (many actually, where we face teams parking the bus in our stadium, or with France). 

My biggest problem with him is the attitude, and specially the attitude towards Mourinho, the club and everything related. That alone would be enough reason for me to sell him this summer for a good amount of money and free his wage for future use. Then, I add to that, the part where he, for me, has vastly underperfomed, and how overrated I personally believe he is, and that's why I firmly stand by my opinion on him being sold in summer.

Now, I'm very happy to reply to a post like this one where you explain your ideas about a player or a manager or a team or whatever. In this case it was Pogba, but I have no problem debating about anything related to the club and that I have an opinion on. The reason why I replied to the post by Hyruga before is because for me, it made no sense whatsoever. 

"How about thinking of Pogba as the most influential and talented Rocker in a band? The whole band is boring without him.

With him around, the whole band rocks and everyone buys the tickets to watch them as the band performs better."

That was what he posted. First of all, I don't agree with the idea that he's the most influential and talented player in the squad. But that's not the point, the point is that post and his previous one, he's implying that without Pogba, the club would actually be worse or would actually be lost, and therefore saying that Pogba is bigger than the club and the rest of the squad; which for me, and I would risk to say for you too probably, is pretty bold to say. Noone is never going to be bigger than the club. 

The second sentence is the same. He is acting as he hasn't been here for the last three years, when he has been, and he's been part of the team being shit in this time and not performing well, or even close to well. 

That's why I said it was a tremendously shit post, because it makes no sense to me from any point of view. 

The Sun reporting that Pogba celebrated Mourinho's sacking by shouting: “He thought he could make a fool of me and turn the fans against me. He fucked with the wrong baller"

Apparently Carrick stepped in and reminded the players that no one is bigger than the club and that the players are not safe and will be sold if they don't meet the standards set for them as Manchester United players.

Don't know how true this is? If it is then that's concerning because he needs to be the one setting the example.

The report also mentions: 'The only player who remained indifferent to the euphoric mood in the Carrington dressing room on Tuesday was Romelu Lukaku'

4 hours ago, Munroe said:

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. 

If fans want to criticise his performances on the pitch that's fine, but when the media are deliberately mistranslating his interviews, assassinating his character and fabricating stories about training ground bust-ups; it's disappointing to see so many people lapping it up. The only man who has been smeared more than Pogba this year is Jeremy Corbyn, our press is a joke.

Corbyn's a fucking useless waste of space though so swings and roundabouts. 

Pogba has done plenty of things that haven't been mistranslated or misrepresented that have weakened his image. He has a lot to improve on over the next 6 months or so. 

27 minutes ago, Mkhi22 said:

The Sun reporting that Pogba celebrated Mourinho's sacking by shouting: “He thought he could make a fool of me and turn the fans against me. He fucked with the wrong baller"

Apparently Carrick stepped in and reminded the players that no one is bigger than the club and that the players are not safe and will be sold if they don't meet the standards set for them as Manchester United players.

Don't know how true this is? If it is then that's concerning because he needs to be the one setting the example.

The report also mentions: 'The only player who remained indifferent to the euphoric mood in the Carrington dressing room on Tuesday was Romelu Lukaku'

Well it's The Sun so expect the truth to be blown out of proportion three fold. But it wouldn't surprise me if Pogba was celebrating a little bit, it wouldn't shock me if many other players were celebrating alongside him but naturally with Pogba it apparently makes a better story for various reasons. 

Well, 3 players put their hands up to support Jose!!!

It could mean that the rest are neutral! Do we have stats that tell us players are against Jose?

But never mind, what has happened has happened. 

We have to move on and hold on to our best player!

Edited by hyruga

A player who disrespects the club by not giving his all. We keep feeding his ego and antics and it sets a precedent where players will take the club lightly. 

He should be taken to task and shoukd be given a strict final warning. If things do not improve then sell him at the first chance possible where we can recover some cost.

8 hours ago, Mkhi22 said:

Lol @ anyone believing anything written in the Sun! Trash paper!

20 minutes ago, Txrt said:

I hope the celebrating thing is a lie.

I really wouldn't understand how anyone could defend the guy if that was the case. And how the club would keep him either.

Even if he was celebrating i suspect he wasn't alone, image being in the dressing room celebrating the manager being sacked while everyone else is just getting on with getting changed or whatever. 

This paper is simply The Sun targeting a player because of his name but mostly because of the colour of his skin, if it was Herrera, Mata, De Gea etc theres no way it'd be splashed all over the back pages like that, no way. 

Just now, ALF said:

Even if he was celebrating i suspect he wasn't alone, image being in the dressing room celebrating the manager being sacked while everyone else is just getting on with getting changed or whatever. 

This paper is simply The Sun targeting a player because of his name but mostly because of the colour of his skin, if it was Herrera, Mata, De Gea etc theres no way it'd be splashed all over the back pages like that, no way. 

It is said in more than one place now though.

Anyways, I don't really care if he was alone or not. He has a history with Mourinho, and I don't know how people can make excuses for a guy that is actually celebrating that the team is doing so bad the manager had to go. I would say the same whoever the name dropped was, but the name that is being mentioned (and has a history with Mourinho), and has had similar actions in the past, is Pogba.

If it is Herrera, Mata or de Gea? Sell them in summer, inmediately. But again, the name is Pogba. 

This is undefendable for me. It was before, and if this is true now... 

15 minutes ago, Txrt said:

It is said in more than one place now though.

Anyways, I don't really care if he was alone or not. He has a history with Mourinho, and I don't know how people can make excuses for a guy that is actually celebrating that the team is doing so bad the manager had to go. I would say the same whoever the name dropped was, but the name that is being mentioned (and has a history with Mourinho), and has had similar actions in the past, is Pogba.

If it is Herrera, Mata or de Gea? Sell them in summer, inmediately. But again, the name is Pogba. 

This is undefendable for me. It was before, and if this is true now... 

What are his similar actions in the past exactly, that we know are 100% fact, not a mistranslate or a tabloid twist on his words? Wheres the actual evidence cause i can't recall anything off the top of my head that suggests this?

No doubt he's got a troubled history with Jose, i wouldn't be shocked if he's delighted about it, maybe made a few choice comments and messed about in the dressing room with his friends as they've done for a long time. The Sun have just made it sound like he's stood on a fucking table and shouting it for the world to hear.

I appreciate you don't like him as a player or man and i appreciate that this season especially he's performed terribly even i've moaned about him in the stands when he's tried to beat his man twice or turned his back with the ball trying to win a battle of strength and losing that and the ball, but i also think the media around him pushes a narrative that influences many, a narrative which was perpetuated by Mourinho mouthpieces and propagandists. 

Pogba wont be here next season i'm fairly sure on that, not just because of his poor performances and attitude but the negative support for him on here and on twitter has become toxic and to be honest i don't think he's got it with in him to act how Hazard acted after Jose's propaganda against him and stand up and be counted. But regardless of that feeling i'm not going to to sit here and hate him and i'll call out shit he gets from certain sections of fans. Crazy to see some of the stuff he gets on twitter, we all dislike certain players i know i do but i'd never fucking call them out on twitter or whatever platform or in fact in the stands it just isn't productive for anyone.   

Nothing but the usual click bait from a red top that needs to sell papers.     Who in their right mind thinks for one minute that any of the press actually want to see United succeed?     A failing Manchester United is great for selling newspapers.  They've waited many many years for the opportunity to rub our faces in the dirt and they ain't going to give up any time soon.     

They'll continue to spin shite until the day we are actually a force again.    Take what Mourinho's agent was spouting last week for instance.  "Jose is happy at the club.   The club are happy with him".      Indeed he did say that.   But of course it was absolute tosh.  And was meant to serve only one purpose, and that was to speed up his dismissal to ensure the huge pay off.      But the hacks were all over it like a tramp on a bag of chips.      It was headline stuff in their eyes, exactly the shite that piss poor journo's feed off.

They have a job to do, fair enough.   But in a  business where the mantra is...."Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"  it should always be taken with a pinch of salt.

The vast majority of these slime balls wanted Fergies balls on a plata but they never got him.    They hounded Moyes. They ridiculed Van Gaal into a broken man, and they took great pleasure in destroying Mourinho. 

So now its a waiting game for them before they feast again.   For now the frenzy is over.   But their future headlines will already be written, just waiting to be copy and pasted.      "Ole, hero to zero".     "Nor-way back for Ole"   "Ole is a gunnar".    The usual fuckin shite.

So don't anyone be fooled that United have many friends in the press ranks because they don't.  And haven't had for the best part of 40 years.   

1 minute ago, ALF said:

What are his similar actions in the past exactly, that we know are 100% fact, not a mistranslate or a tabloid twist on his words? Wheres the actual evidence cause i can't recall anything off the top of my head that suggests this?

No doubt he's got a troubled history with Jose, i wouldn't be shocked if he's delighted about it, maybe made a few choice comments and messed about in the dressing room with his friends as they've done for a long time. The Sun have just made it sound like he's stood on a fucking table and shouting it for the world to hear.

I appreciate you don't like him as a player or man and i appreciate that this season especially he's performed terribly even i've moaned about him in the stands when he's tried to beat his man twice or turned his back with the ball trying to win a battle of strength and losing that and the ball, but i also think the media around him pushes a narrative that influences many, a narrative which was perpetuated by Mourinho mouthpieces and propagandists. 

Pogba wont be here next season i'm fairly sure on that, not just because of his poor performances and attitude but the negative support for him on here and on twitter has become toxic and to be honest i don't think he's got it with in him to act how Hazard acted after Jose's propaganda against him and stand up and be counted. But regardless of that feeling i'm not going to to sit here and hate him and i'll call out shit he gets from certain sections of fans. Crazy to see some of the stuff he gets on twitter, we all dislike certain players i know i do but i'd never fucking call them out on twitter or whatever platform or in fact in the stands it just isn't productive for anyone.   

He goes to post match conferences talking against his manager. His videos laughing when left out and the team losing in the cup. His last upload yesterday. Now this. Those just to name a few. Each on its own is unacceptable, and he's had so many of those. Is there not a trend? Or is it all just coincidence? Should we just excuse the guy "ah he deserves to be happy because Mourinho left, he just disrespected his boss, his club and everyone in the club, but yeah, he's young and he's having a laugh with his friends". Or we should buy the excuses? Scheduled post, yeah, sure, that's why he deleted it, same with the video, same with everything. It is not acceptable, and it's unbelievable to me how people are excusing it and taking it as normal.

These things are the reason why we are a joke of a club. We deservedly have everyone laughing at us if we allow our own players to do it in the first place. It's a massive embarrassment that we have the guy in that dressing room doing and saying whatever he wants. Imagine again you did those four examples for example in a real world company. You can use the excuses you want, you can have your friends and fanboys defend the indefensible, but there is a 0% chance of you keeping your job. 

I dislike Mourinho more than Pogba, by the way. I did so since before he ever signed for us. But the fact that, well, he's right to celebrate because Mourinho was a cunt. He had reasons to post that because Mourinho was a cunt are not enough of a excuse for me. If that was the case, and everyone took justice by themselves, this world would not be habitable. This is not how a club or a dressing room should work, and this is not the way how we should start after this Mourinho stint. I don't even get into Pogba's footballing ability, because I think his attitude towards the club, the teamates and the manager has been an absolute disgrace so big it's more than enough to sell him.

Do you think this would be accepted in other clubs? Zlatan did have a fight inside the dressing room with Guardiola, he didn't even go out on public or told anything about him while he was at Barcelona, but he didn't play and was sold the year after. Mandzukic had a fight with Simeone inside the dressing room, without ever being public, and he was sold again the next year. I'm sure there have been many cases in the Premier League as well, I just don't know them. But this case is much worse, apart from the internal fights or whatever, something that happens. He's going to social media to laugh at the situation, a situation every club fan is suffering with and a situation so bad that ended up in a sacking of the manager! And the people are actually laughing at the jokes and excusing the attitude and acting as if it was the most normal thing to do! It's absolutely unbelievable!