O

UCL - Quarter finals - Man Utd vs Barcelona (1st leg)

Rashford

Lingard----Pogba-------Dalot

Matić---Herrera

Shaw---Lindelöf-----Smalling---Young

De Gea

Subs: Romero, Jones, McTominay, Fred, Mata, Martial, Lukaku

I would play McTominay instead of Matić

Barcelona don't travel very well, so we'll have to keep a clean sheet if want to progress.

Edited by O

One week to prepare.............and not get dicked by Suarez/Messi. I fear for our team. I don' feel excited much, all I think about is what they may do to us. Sorry but this not 2008 when we had an awesome team with Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez (YES THE TRAITOR), we had Giggs, Scholes etc. Vidic/Ferdiand were great in defence too. Just saying, I was quietly confident back then in the Semis, not so much now in the QFS vs Barca.

We need to try and win the first leg by any margin then a backs to the wall job in the return.

McTominay showed against Wolves he should be starting (and could be a key player for us in the future) as another poster has said, he could be the new Keano. He could be a star man in this encounter.

Time for Pogba to really step up and help us at this level.

Big problem and worry is Shaw being suspended.

I cant help thinking that this is going to be a dickin.   Dickins come in many guises.  There's the heavy defeat dickin.   There's the totally outclassed dickin but still a defeat by a small margin.  Then there's the dickin but you managed somehow to scrape a draw.

So I'm undecided what kind of dickin it will be.

6 minutes ago, Shoot said:

We need to try and win the first leg by any margin then a backs to the wall job in the return.

McTominay showed against Wolves he should be starting (and could be a key player for us in the future) as another poster has said, he could be the new Keano. He could be a star man in this encounter.

Time for Pogba to really step up and help us at this level.

Big problem and worry is Shaw being suspended.

Shaw is suspended in the league, not The CL?

3 minutes ago, O said:

Shaw is suspended in the league, not The CL?

Thanks for the clarification, I was confused on that one. Pleased about that.

6 minutes ago, THE BASTARD said:

I cant help thinking that this is going to be a dickin.   Dickins come in many guises.  There's the heavy defeat dickin.   There's the totally outclassed dickin but still a defeat by a small margin.  Then there's the dickin but you managed somehow to scrape a draw.

So I'm undecided what kind of dickin it will be.

It must be Bleak in your House

4 minutes ago, Shoot said:

Thanks for the clarification, I was confused on that one. Pleased about that.

It must be Bleak in your House

I don't have any Great Expectations since we've fallen on Hard Times.

7 minutes ago, St!mpy said:

I laugh we win this and knock Barca out of the CL. I'd love it just to see the reaction of doom mongers. 

You only brought this on yourself.

1 minute ago, St!mpy said:

I laugh we win this and knock Barca out of the CL. I'd love it just to see the reaction of doom mongers. 

It's a problem all this fucking negativity generated by fans. We all know what the problems are and what needs to be done, to keep going down such a dark road every time we get beat or put in a poor performance helps nothing.

We need to give Ole and the club a chance to get to the summer and start drawing our conclusions next season.

It cannot be denied Ole has done a fine job with what he inherited. He should be fully supported by the fans and given the chance to do what he would love to do with the club he loves.

Ole's at the wheel

Some Reds saying on the radio tonight that we would be better finishing 7th so we don't play in the Euro Disney Vase.  But we are fucked there too because City will win the FA cup and that opens up 7th place for Thursday night cringe fests.

1 minute ago, THE BASTARD said:

Some Reds saying on the radio tonight that we would be better finishing 7th so we don't play in the Euro Disney Vase.  But we are fucked there too because City will win the FA cup and that opens up 7th place for Thursday night cringe fests.

Best thing is a top 4 spot. That aint fuckin done yet!! It will be a tough run in for every team fighting for it. In fact by the time City have run Spurs ragged 3 times in 11 days they might have lost the will to live

Just try and play on the counter that all i really want to see, fuck trying to go toe to toe and keep the ball, lets run at there defence when and IF we get the chance besides that kick Suarez and hope lightening strikes Messi and changes his footballing ability to Titus Bramble levels. 

Not expecting anything from this game. And having read that Pogba wants £500,000 a week in wages to stay, I'd sell him tomorrow! If performed the way he did against City a year ago in every single game, might be worth it....but when Wolves boss you about and other small teams out perform you....forget it!

1 hour ago, kevthebad said:

Not expecting anything from this game. And having read that Pogba wants £500,000 a week in wages to stay, I'd sell him tomorrow! If performed the way he did against City a year ago in every single game, might be worth it....but when Wolves boss you about and other small teams out perform you....forget it!

Hence why Mata. Herrera and Martial should have gone 2 seasons ago.

Im just dreading to think what Phil Prunier and Chris Babb are going to do to stop Messi, Suarez, Alba. 

Im not sure my hoop will handle the pounding.

Edited by THE BASTARD