O

Brendan Rodgers on the way to Leicester City?

Looks like he's leaving Celtic on the verge of a 3rd domestic treble to take the Leicester City job.

Neil Lennon will probably become interim Celtic manager.

I think it's a good club for him to take over. It's a talented squad that should be pushing for 6th/7th.

But maybe he could have waited until June?

Interesting appointment.

Celtic is a good club for managers to tread water for a while but he was never gonna raise his profile too much. All in all he done a good job.

Leicester is about the level he could expect. Needs to succeed though or he could go the way of Moyes.

1 minute ago, TFIA said:

Interesting appointment.

Celtic is a good club for managers to tread water for a while but he was never gonna raise his profile too much. All in all he done a good job.

Leicester is about the level he could expect. Needs to succeed though or he could go the way of Moyes.

He did a great job tbf. An undefeated domestic season and won everything he could domestically.

Improved the style of play too.

If he could get Liverpool challenging for a title, I'm sure that 7th place isn't too much of an ask.

1 hour ago, O said:

If he could get Liverpool challenging for a title, I'm sure that 7th place isn't too much of an ask.

I think that was more to do with a certain Luis Suarez and minor miracle Sturridge stayed fit than any mastermind tactical decisions by Rodgers. He made a balls of key games against Chelsea, where he was school tactically, and Palace was a majestic shambles. Could do alrite with Leicester given he loves pace and Leicester possess plenty. 

Leicester was probably one of the better jobs he could expect in England.  Clubs in England are pretty much only going to judge him on his record there, and one very good season aside (albeit one which ended up in disappointment,) his record in England isn't spectacular.

Leicester is a good job and if he does well over a couple of years then he might have a chance of getting a job with the Top 6 (Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal most likely.)

He's not covered himself in glory with the way he's conducted himself though, but he has done it before from what I've read.  I'm a bit surprised he's moving straight away, I thought he might have wanted to finish the season with Celtic first (unless Leceister told him it's now or never.)

Quite frankly i'm delighted, i'm going to find the clubs and pubs he hangs about in around Leicester and go tell him some utter bollocks blowing smoke up his arse and see how long it takes him to quote it to a journalist. 

"Mr Rodgers i've always wanted to shake your hand, you saved my grandma's life. The Football you played during your time at Liverpool cured her of cancer, before the Liverpool v Norwich drubbing she was on her death bed, in fact she actually died for 15 minutes during half time. When she came back to life, unaided by a doctor or nurse she told me that Shankley said she needs to live and tell Brendon he's doing a great job son... a great job. Her cancer was gone" 

32 minutes ago, ALF said:

Quite frankly i'm delighted, i'm going to find the clubs and pubs he hangs about in around Leicester and go tell him some utter bollocks blowing smoke up his arse and see how long it takes him to quote it to a journalist. 

"Mr Rodgers i've always wanted to shake your hand, you saved my grandma's life. The Football you played during your time at Liverpool cured her of cancer, before the Liverpool v Norwich drubbing she was on her death bed, in fact she actually died for 15 minutes during half time. When she came back to life, unaided by a doctor or nurse she told me that Shankley said she needs to live and tell Brendon he's doing a great job son... a great job. Her cancer was gone" 

I doubt Brendan frequents the same shitholes that peasants such as yourself opt for, Alfster.

Why are we kidding ourselves, he's done nothing of note in Scotland has the manager of an OLD FIRM  club there where one of the two has been shambles in its post-economic meltdown. Its not like had taken over Aberdeen and performed miracles as Fergie did.

1 hour ago, Mickey Mouse said:

Why are we kidding ourselves, he's done nothing of note in Scotland has the manager of an OLD FIRM  club there where one of the two has been shambles in its post-economic meltdown. Its not like had taken over Aberdeen and performed miracles as Fergie did.

Undefeated domestic seasons rarely happen in any country.

11 minutes ago, rezzy said:

He's gonna do well with a decent Leicester squad. Yar all crazy.

Hatred for a man who didn’t win a single trophy at Liverpool. 😂