kevthebad

Chelsea Rebellion

What on Earth happened with Chelsea and the player who refused to be substituted?

Didn't watch the game. Obviously the United game was so much more dear to me than City-Chelsea but watched the non substitution of their 75 million keeper Kepa. Can't say I've ever seen a player refuse to leave the pitch when subbed before. Tantrums of frustration as they leave the field but never blatant refusal.

If Kepa had gone on and won the match with his penalty saves then perhaps he would have had some justification, but Cabellero would probably done better in the shoot out. And what about Sarri, if he hasn't got control of his team! 

Edited by kevthebad
Spelling

Apparently, it was down to a misunderstanding, in that he thought that Sarri thought he needed to come off through injury, but he was fine. Which is what it looked like to me.

But that doesn't sell, so there's the narrative that the team is out of control. Media will be billing it up all week that he shouldn't play again, only to act disgusted when he starts against Spurs.

Nothing to see here really 🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Juanderful said:

Apparently, it was down to a misunderstanding, in that he thought that Sarri thought he needed to come off through injury, but he was fine. Which is what it looked like to me.

But that doesn't sell, so there's the narrative that the team is out of control. Media will be billing it up all week that he shouldn't play again, only to act disgusted when he starts against Spurs.

I'd say continuing to refuse to come off after seeing how incredibly angry Sarri was is not really something you'd expect to see from a team in control.

58 minutes ago, Juanderful said:

That’s called damage control.

Everyone could see Kepa was indicating he was fine. Moss told Sarri that he was wanting to play on and Sarri was still furious. 

Kepa needs to be killed.

The point is, people are running with this being about player power (not unheard of with Chelsea) and Kepa thinking he can dictate what the manager does through a shear shithouse mentality. I'm not denying that aspect of the situation completely. I just think it was driven by the miscommunication as to the state of his injury and that it isn't quite as sinister as it's being made out.

Could be wrong, but the best indicator will be Wednesday and whether he starts or not. But yes, he should have gone off anyway. 

Edited by Juanderful

In my opinion, that was a player displaying power and showing total disrespect to a manager who's coat he knew was already on a shooglie peg.

In other words, a proper cunt who should get his cummupance.

1 hour ago, JJtheRed said:

giphy.gif

How long have you been on here? 

There’s entire sections of the forum that are nothing to do with us... 

It was in the United section when the op was posted.

20 hours ago, Shoot said:

In my opinion, that was a player displaying power and showing total disrespect to a manager who's coat he knew was already on a shooglie peg.

In other words, a proper cunt who should get his cummupance.

I couldn't agree more..what an arrogant little shit.

It's been obvious for a long time now how much power players have, but this was one of the biggest and most open examples of it.  It was pretty obvious what was happening despite both camps trying to row back, and it's already being reported that nothing is going to be done about it, as he's not being sanctioned by the club. 

Because of how much he cost and the ability and potential he's considered to have he's going to get away with it, especially when they're facing a transfer ban.  At the very least he should be dropped from the squad altogether tomorrow.

A lot has been said about the disrespect he's shown towards Sarri and the fact that none of his teammates backed Sarri either, but nobody has really mentioned the disrespect he's shown towards Cabellero - to refuse to come off for your teammate is absolutely terrible. I felt sorry for him, he looked gutted at one point.