Sign in to follow this  
Shoot

Here's a wee question for you.........

Be interesting to know the views on this....

Clearly most United fans would rather City won the Premier League if it means stopping Liverpool from winning it.

However, as the season moves into the closing stages, should City be looking good for a Quadruple 😓 does this alter the opinion? 🤔 Is it best Liverpool stop City from winning the title in order to stop City from going one better than the famous and unmatched Treble99. Indeed, the same question applies even if they were going for the Treble19 to match our achievement on its 20th anniversary.

City will match a treble at best. I think they could win a domestic treble, but will fall short in Europe.

I would take United being relegated over Liverpool winning the league. That's the level of pettiness I have.

34 minutes ago, O said:

City will match a treble at best. I think they could win a domestic treble, but will fall short in Europe.

I would take United being relegated over Liverpool winning the league. That's the level of pettiness I have.

That would neither match nor beat our treble so doesn't address the potential dilemma in the question.

The amount of mass wanking in the media if Liverpool win the league would make any football related programming or publication nigh on unbearable. So no. (I'm also hoping United can do something ourselves about City's idea of a Quad or Treble - I'd quite like us to win the FA Cup and square the record with Arsenal.

Just now, Shoot said:

That would neither match nor beat our treble so doesn't address the potential dilemma in the question.

I said they will win a treble at best, which covers all treble scenarios.

There is no dilemma. City quadruple if it comes to it. Might wake the club up.

1 minute ago, MikeM said:

The amount of mass wanking in the media if Liverpool win the league would make any football related programming or publication nigh on unbearable. So no. (I'm also hoping United can do something ourselves about City's idea of a Quad or Treble - I'd quite like us to win the FA Cup and square the record with Arsenal.

Kinda how Scots, Irish and Welsh feel about England winning the World Cup or even Euros 🤐

I'd have City do a hattrick of quadruples over the next 3 years than watch Liverpool win the league this year.

Sucks to be in Manchester when they win something but that's about all there is in that scenario. Liverpool are not like that, they have presence everywhere.

It's like guerrilla warfare and you just know that many of their fans around the world are silently waiting under the bush. The moment they win the league it's all over, trust me.

Edited by Burns92

1 hour ago, peterswellman said:

Imagine them as league winners being a genuine attractive proposition for players, with an attacking brand of football, a manager who’s a clown but players seem to like, great following and worldwide recognition and a decent budget. The club could change overnight. It’s a scary, scary prospect and one we must hope and pray never happens.

To be honest I think they're kinda in that position already, certainly with the budget.

16 hours ago, Shoot said:

Kinda how Scots, Irish and Welsh feel about England winning the World Cup or even Euros 🤐

That's more unlikely than Accrington Stanley winning the Premier League, though, so not a real life hypothesis. Hahahaha.

26 minutes ago, MikeM said:

To be honest I think they're kinda in that position already, certainly with the budget.

Nope. They’re buying players with potential instead of top players.

Their scouting and decision making has been incredible.

Milner, Firmino, Gomez, Mané, Wijnaldum, Robertson, Salah and Shaqiri picked up for cheap.

They’ve spent big money on The Ox, van Dijk, Alisson, Keita and Fabinho, but none of them were big, big names. 

90% of their business has been good. Keita has been their biggest flop in terms of his output, but he might settle better next season.

The last thing we need is for them to start signing ready made players from other European giants.

1 hour ago, peterswellman said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

City’s success is hollow because without the blood money from the Arabs, they wouldn’t be anywhere near winning a league, never mind a treble. There will be always an asterisk around any win or anything they achieve, in the since it was purely manufactured by rich investors who use the club as a plaything, giving fake sponsorship deals among other shady financial dealings to get there. 

A Liverpool PL win could change the path of the club indefinitely. It’s an incredible weight on their shoulders at present not having won a league and the pressure from the near 30 years of waiting really hampers them. It makes them shit their togs any time they get close to winning it.

Imagine that weight lifted and taken away?

Imagine them as league winners being a genuine attractive proposition for players, with an attacking brand of football, a manager who’s a clown but players seem to like, great following and worldwide recognition and a decent budget. The club could change overnight. It’s a scary, scary prospect and one we must hope and pray never happens.

Well, that's what some on here want for United with a Saudi takeover.

2 minutes ago, Shoot said:

Well, that's what some on here want for United with a Saudi takeover.

We need to fight oil money with oil money.

Prince vs Sheikh.

I hate Liverpool but I hate City more..i'm trying to ignore the title race to be honest and just look at our steady progress..A couple or so seasons back, this question was on everyone's lips..the season Gerrard famously slipped haha..at the time i said it was like being asked whether i would rather be kicked in the balls or the throat.

5 hours ago, Txrt said:

That's more unlikely than Accrington Stanley winning the Premier League, though, so not a real life hypothesis. Hahahaha.

Personally speaking, I have always got on very well with the English. Its them white boys I cant be doing with.

7 minutes ago, Shoot said:

Personally speaking, I have always got on very well with the English. Its them white boys I cant be doing with.

The majority of English people are white and look like haggler.

4 hours ago, O said:

The majority of English people are white and look like haggler.

Shoot wants to be in my dungeon so bad

He wants a turn on the Symbian

He wants a machine ride

We are assuming a he.

A picture would be so useful 

I am too good for whatever it is