St!mpy

Summer 2019 - transfer targets

30 minutes ago, MrSwellman said:

I’d rather we just folded or bring back Zlatan. Remember when we could bring in the likes of Henrik Larsson on loan? Fernando fucking Llorente.

Doubt Zlatan would want the step down in levels 

2 hours ago, TheManc said:

don't even think we need a striker. Rashford > Martial > Greenwood. Three strikers for 1 position is good enough. 

Look at the depth we have amongst our forwards/wingers.

Dire.

Not one player capable of making a claim to be world class in our squad other than a goalkeeper and one cunt who doesn't want to be here and has played like that in 80% of his games since he arrived.

So we managed to address the defence to some degree but really thats just all we've managed to do, the clear sign of a recruitment strategy with no real idea of conviction and quite possibly and most likely working to a budget. 

I think we'll have another manager thrown under the bus, despite being the first manager to actually show a team playing an entertaining modern system with eyes on the future. 

Honestly believed we were 2 signings away from standing a chance to gain top 4 now i suspect sadly we'll miss out. 

A large, massive amount of blame falls firmly on Woodward who's reaching new levels of ignorance and incompetence. We should of have the DoF and transfer strategy in place when we gave Ole his full time contract then things could have been worked on early and concluded early.  

8 minutes ago, ALF said:

Also when it comes to Bruno Fernandes I'm fairly sure the majority of people who are raving nuts about him have never even seen the bloke play. 

I haven’t - I trust a few opinions on here though... 

2 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

I haven’t - I trust a few opinions on here though... 

He's probably decent but if you go on twitter he's treated like some sort of Midfield god, the next Scholes and Keane rolled into one. 

I don't think we've ever been in for him we've just been used as a pawn by Mendes to help push his stock higher and people seem to have fell for it as if it was fact and i'm assuming most of the top Tier Journalists have been fed that information by Mendes and his people. 

1 minute ago, ALF said:

He's probably decent but if you go on twitter he's treated like some sort of Midfield god, the next Scholes and Keane rolled into one. 

I don't think we've ever been in for him we've just been used as a pawn by Mendes to help push his stock higher and people seem to have fell for it as if it was fact and i'm assuming most of the top Tier Journalists have been fed that information by Mendes and his people. 

More Lampard and Herrara rolled into one. He will be world class.

9 hours ago, aardvarked said:

Look at the depth we have amongst our forwards/wingers.

Dire.

Not one player capable of making a claim to be world class in our squad other than a goalkeeper and one cunt who doesn't want to be here and has played like that in 80% of his games since he arrived.

someone like Llorente isn't going to do much to that though is he.

We are pretty shagged for the coming season if we don't get at least one midfielder in before tomorrow. Really poor planning by the club having been two midfielders down since the end of last season - but, then again, poor planning by the United hierarchy is hardly a surprise. 

1 minute ago, Sownak27 said:

We are pretty shagged for the coming season if we don't get at least one midfielder in before tomorrow. Really poor planning by the club having been two midfielders down since the end of last season - but, then again, poor planning by the United hierarchy is hardly a surprise. 

Its what we do Snowy.   Fuckin dog shit.

14 hours ago, TheManc said:

don't even think we need a striker. Rashford > Martial > Greenwood. Three strikers for 1 position is good enough. 

Just recently, United also have England and Sweden all time top scorer but chose to give them away for free.

But fret not!

Still have:

Lukaku? All time Belgium top scorer

Alexis? All time Chile top scorer

If there's no more incoming signings & Lukaku goes then there's some serious risk taking going on by UTD

All for promoting youth & holding high principles in the transfer market but looks like were gambling here?   Now looking short of goals / short in midfield & with an unproven manager in charge?   

I hope it all comes together & turns out a stroke of genius but this could backfire spectacularly!!  

Just now, CB78 said:

If there's no more incoming signings & Lukaku goes then there's some serious risk taking going on by UTD

All for promoting youth & holding high principles in the transfer market but looks like were gambling here?   Now looking short of goals / short in midfield & with an unproven manager in charge?   

I hope it all comes together & turns out a stroke of genius but this could backfire spectacularly!!  

If we're selling Lukaku, we'll have Dembele at the line.

Which to me isnt great but still. These midfielders are a separate thing to Lukaku.