St!mpy

Summer 2019 - transfer targets

After last night's display it has never been more obvious that we need to spend, and spend big. Jose knew it, the old bat down at the pub knew it - it's time for the Yanks to splash or sell. 

Still hoping for a Director of Football to come in sooner rather than later. So let's get this shit show on the road. Post rumors, wishes and tweets here, time to go full Muppet. 

Let me have an attempt at some football manager here:

Out:

- Darmian

- Rojo 

- Valencia

- Sanchez 

- Perreira 

- Fred (if it continues this way for him) 

In:

- CB

- RF

- CDM

- FB

- CM (depending on Fred) 

That in itself is huge but will go someway in building a new squad. Buy young, world class potential. Greenwood, Garner, Chong, Gomez etc to fill up the remainder of the squad. 

36 minutes ago, Txrt said:

I'll state the obvious one we all know:

Rodrigo Moreno.

And I wouldn't be against this at all. I still say this club needs that x-factor forward, id ship lukaku for it. 

Edited by St!mpy

We do need some considerable surgery Stimps.  But I keep banging the drum here.   There's players at United that have failed three different managers and taking a decent wage.   Sanchez. Kerplunk. Young. Mata. Matic. Jones. Smalling. Rojo.   They need cutting loose as soon as.      We are just going around in circles and have been for 5 years.

We need some cunt in there to sort this shit out.   Its gone too far for sure.   Get that prick Woodbrain fucked off out of there.    That cunt has been playing god with our club and knows absolutely fuck all except for signing noodle deals.  

Di Maria.  Falcao.  Sanchez.  Spending £55 million on Fred, a player we didn't need,  JVP wanted that money for two defenders but Woody thought he knew better.  Its that twat who is the virus at United from a footballing perspective.    He will fight tooth and nail to give Ole the job because he knows he will be able to strong arm him into continuing on a shoe string budget just to get top 4.  So it would basically be groundhog day again.

I'm glad I refused to get too giddy. Unlike some who think  all our problems are behind us because of Ole.   Well theyre not!

And a depleted PSG demonstrated that perfectly.   Simply not even on the same planet as them.  We are way off that level.

At least 4 or 5 quality players short.  And some quality back up for the bench.

We are talking big dollar.  There's no getting away from it.

Toby Alderwiereld (to partner Victor in defence)

Milinkovic-Savic

Ben Chillwell (I think he'd be a good long term servant to the club, and could go straight in at full back)

I'd take a punt on Sessignon from Fulham as well.

We also badly need a right winger, with pace.

It's unrealistic to expect 4 or 5 world class signings tbh. If we're being realistic, we can bring in 3 top players and perhaps promote Greenwood if he's ready. We need 4 first choice starters and another 3-4 good backups in attack + midfield before we're a top team and that will take a lot of time.

Out: Rojo, Darmian, Valencia, Pereira, Sanchez

In: 1 CB, 1 RW, 1 CM + promote Greenwood. A RB if we can find one who isn't too expensive also.

Once that's done we can re-assess because we'd still need to get rid of Young, Jones, Mata and Lukaku with replacements for all. Even after that, we'll be 18 months further down the line on Matic's career meaning he'll be close to finishing as well.

It's a long way back. It will be such a huge difference if guys like Greenwood/Dalot can make it, Fred turns out to be a decent 4th CM option and Rashford progresses. 

If we get our recruitment wrong over the next few seasons we'll be left with a decade in the shit. 

Edited by TheManc

21 minutes ago, TheManc said:

It's unrealistic to expect 4 or 5 world class signings tbh. If we're being realistic, we can bring in 3 top players and perhaps promote Greenwood if he's ready. We need 4 first choice starters and another 3-4 good backups in attack + midfield before we're a top team and that will take a lot of time.

Out: Rojo, Darmian, Valencia, Pereira, Sanchez

In: 1 CB, 1 RW, 1 CM + promote Greenwood. A RB if we can find one who isn't too expensive also.

Once that's done we can re-assess because we'd still need to get rid of Young, Jones, Mata and Lukaku with replacements for all. Even after that, we'll be 18 months further down the line on Matic's career meaning he'll be close to finishing as well.

It's a long way back. It will be such a huge difference if guys like Greenwood/Dalot can make it, Fred turns out to be a decent 4th CM option and Rashford progresses. 

If we get our recruitment wrong over the next few seasons we'll be left with a decade in the shit. 

Agreed Mancster.   The problem we have is what the fans see as shit and what the board see as shit.    The fans want to see progressive attacking football with a healthy sprinkling of some quality additions.  On the other hand the board have a very different agenda.    They are accountable to the sponsors and major share holders.  The books need to be balanced. 

They have thrown decent money at the problem the last few years but it simply hasn't worked and now their fingers have been burned.

Any perspective new manager will demand a huge budget.  That's nailed on.  But its not what they want to hear.    All they want is top 4 on as little as possible investment.    Manchester United  "the brand" comes first.    Its not a popularity contest. 

6 hours ago, St!mpy said:

After last night's display it has never been more obvious that we need to spend, and spend big. Jose knew it, the old bat down at the pub knew it - it's time for the Yanks to splash or sell. 

Still hoping for a Director of Football to come in sooner rather than later. So let's get this shit show on the road. Post rumors, wishes and tweets here, time to go full Muppet. 

We didn't learn that from last night. We have always knew it.

5 hours ago, O said:

Poch.

Kane

2 hours ago, MikeM said:

Milinkovic-Savic

Ben Chillwell (I think he'd be a good long term servant to the club, and could go straight in at full back)

Aye, one that likes a bit of chalk on the boots

3 hours ago, MikeM said:

Milinkovic-Savic

Two LBs is massively optimistic 

RW - Nicolas Pépé - 23 years old

ST - Luka Jović - 21 years old

CB - Éder Militão - 21 years old

DM - Wilfred Ndidi - 22 years old

You're probably looking at over €200 million for them.

27 minutes ago, O said:

RW - Nicolas Pépé - 23 years old

ST - Luka Jović - 21 years old

CB - Éder Militão - 21 years old

DM - Wilfred Ndidi - 22 years old

You're probably looking at over €200 million for them.

it deeply disturbs me that there isn't a left back on this list

Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Doesn't matter if we have Dalot, it's highly likely Valencia will be leaving us along with Darmian, and Young is clearly finished; so another RB will be needed. Not many fullbacks better than AWB this season. 

Toby Alderweireld. For £25m it's a no brainer really. 

Ruben Neves. If we can't sign him then we should target Declan 🦁🦁🦁 Rice. Either way, Carrick still needs to be replaced, and our current DM options aren't up to the task.

Thorgan Hazard. Been in great form this season, comfortable on either flank but mainly played on the right this year. I wouldn't complain if we signed Pepe or David Brooks, but Thorgan is closer to being a traditional winger than those two so I'd prefer him. I doubt he'd cost as much either. 

Joao Felix. Probably going to be the next Golden Boy, looks ridiculously talented, we should sign him now before someone else (City) does. 

3 hours ago, MikeM said:

Ben Chilwell (I think he'd be a good long term servant to the club, and could go straight in at full back)

Why spend £50m on a left back that isn't an upgrade on the one we have?

43 minutes ago, Munroe said:

Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Doesn't matter if we have Dalot, it's highly likely Valencia will be leaving us along with Darmian, and Young is clearly finished; so another RB will be needed. Not many fullbacks better than AWB this season. 

Toby Alderweireld. For £25m it's a no brainer really. 

Ruben Neves. If we can't sign him then we should target Declan 🦁🦁🦁 Rice. Either way, Carrick still needs to be replaced, and our current DM options aren't up to the task.

Thorgan Hazard. Been in great form this season, comfortable on either flank but mainly played on the right this year. I wouldn't complain if we signed Pepe or David Brooks, but Thorgan is closer to being a traditional winger than those two so I'd prefer him. I doubt he'd cost as much either. 

Joao Felix. Probably going to be the next Golden Boy, looks ridiculously talented, we should sign him now before someone else (City) does. 

Why spend £50m on a left back that isn't an upgrade on the one we have?

This is not a bad list at all. Haven't seen anything of Felix though but no comment there. AWB is a good call. Neves I've spoken about in his own thread and yeah Toby at that price should be considered. 

3 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

I don't know who I'd want tbh, but we desperately need someone

And parents trust you with their children’s futures? Hmmmmm.

1 hour ago, TheManc said:

Martial - Rashford - Sancho

Looks very nice. Probably impossible though.

Decent player in the Bundesliga, chances are he'll be in the red of Bayern by the end of summer.