O

PL Matchday 23: Man Utd vs Brighton

2 minutes ago, rezzy said:

Our first loss.

Prepare to be confused and meltdown.

No player will be safe.

We’ve rode our luck against Reading and Spurs, so you can’t say it hasn’t been coming.

48 minutes ago, O said:

We’ve rode our luck against Reading and Spurs, so you can’t say it hasn’t been coming.

Reading i can understand, since it was a complete overhaul in terms of the fringe players getting game time.

Spurs we just fell asleep for a lot of the second game and invited Spurs onto us.

I just think even though we might control the game against Brighton, we're susceptible to lanky cunts like Duffy and Dunk and we're bound to hit a brick wall in terms of scoring eventually.

We need to wrap Rash up in cotton wool to keep up the momentum.  That should be more than enough to keep Kerplunk out of the team.

Surely Ole or any new manager will look to move him on.    Ole needs to keep them focused for Brighton .  Potential banana skin for sure.

An early goal would set the scene nicely.   But we cant be too greedy because things have been going really well, so any win would be job done. 

6 minutes ago, TFIA said:

They were a nightmare for us under Jose. Even our one win against them was ropey as fuck.

Should be an easy game though, they're poor away from home. 

Sit back and invite pressure against a big shitehouse side rather than attacking and putting their slow as fuck defenders on the back foot. #tacticalgenius

12 minutes ago, TFIA said:

They were a nightmare for us under Jose. Even our one win against them was ropey as fuck.

Should be an easy game though, they're poor away from home. 

Dunk belongs in The NBA and Duffy should be in The IRA.

Montoya must cry himself too sleep every night. From playing one-two’s with Xavi and Messi to running backwards to defend with giants.

Under Mourunho we would rarely be in a position to ride our luck against any fucker so it shows how far we've come when fans are slightly annoyed that yesterday's 2nd half performance at Spurs was unassuming.

3-0 United.

Edited by PVAD

20 minutes ago, PVAD said:

Under Mourunho we would rarely be in a position to ride our luck against any fucker so it shows how far we've come when fans are slightly annoyed that yesterday's 2nd half performance at Spurs was unassuming.

3-0 United.

All we did under Mourinho was ride our luck.

Celta Vigo, City away, Newcastle at home, Juve away, etc.

2 minutes ago, O said:

All we did under Mourinho was ride our luck.

Celta Vigo, City away, Newcastle at home, Juve away, etc.

Led a charmed life saved him a lot.

Overall though we were rarely on the front foot with that muppet in charge.

The first fifteen minutes of each half is absolute paramount in this game. United need to be looking at scoring in both to douse any potential fire that Brighton may be able to muster in their bellies. Achieve that and I believe that we'll get about four, but will concede once so I'm in for a 5-1 win. I actually can't believe that I'm going for these kind of scores again - it's barmy! Had JVP stayed, I'd trudge up in the hope that a 2-1 squeak would be something I could live with but more because I'd be hoping that my gut feeling of a draw or worse needed some serious convincing of otherwise, so I'm a bit giddy that we could really score a lot of goals but only as I've stated above - if we give them a sniff of a chance that they can come away with a draw, we could be in for a harder time than in the second half at Spurs. Come on boys, keep the rebuild of the fortress going and make away teams dread coming to OT again.

Potentially tricky match. I don't like these home matches vs "easier" opposition after a good win away in general, even less when it comes to United. 

I think we'll win it, but I hope we start the match fully focused and with the mind in what there has to be done. I would like to see a couple changes, maybe I'd give a bit of a rest to Rashford, and I'd try Lukaku up front. Rashford is scoring a lot, but the season is very long, and we'll have times where we'll need fresh legs. And yes, I know they've had a full week to recover, but the Christmas period ALWAYS makes English teams pay the excesses, so it's good to be careful and give rest to players whenever we can. Also, Lukaku has been pretty bad, and needs to start building confidence, getting minutes, scoring goals and being back to being a useful asset to have. I think this match is a great chacne for him to get there, to be shown some confidence by Ole and to get going a bit so that he can be an asset for the team again. 

We have three matches in 10 days starting next week, and then we start with the Champions League, and we all know the Premier League schedule we have during that CL period as well, so I think resting players gradually while you can is always good. I'm not saying we should rest 7 starters, at all. But for example, Rashford for Lukaku, Matic being rested a bit would be fine. Then we can give rest to some two more for 60 mins in the home match vs Burnley if things go well. Do it gradually, but don't forget about it. 

Vamos United. 

19 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

Mourinho has taken your souls

We're going to turn these fuckers over

He certainly took Martial’s with him anyway.

1 month of Oleball and all he has is 1 assist to his name.

3 hours ago, O said:

He certainly took Martial’s with him anyway.

1 month of Oleball and all he has is 1 assist to his name.

One goal too in Ole's first game in charge. That awesome team goal