O

PL Matchday 22: Spurs vs Man Utd

Rashford

Martial-----Pogba----Lingard

Matić Herrera

Shaw Lindelöf Smalling Young

De Gea

Subs: Romero, Jones, Valencia, Dalot, Fellaini, Mata, Lukaku

Bailly suspended. Assume that Alexis will miss out.

35 minutes ago, RedDevilDazzy said:

Could be a high scoring game, like 3-3 or 4-3 Tottenham. Strangely I think we can get a draw in this. Our defence though.....

Nailed it there Dazzles.    We are looking something like practically everywhere else apart from the defence.    Ole Guardiola Solskjaer  has a decision to make.    Does he just accept that we are going to ship goals, but plays an ultra attacking front line to get goals.  Or does he go cautious with a packed midfield and try to hit them on the break?   I'm sure he will have seen what Wolves did to them when they actually threw any respect out of the window at went at them.  Spurs crumbled and actually looked powerless to stop them.  

Its the Ole v Poch clash!!     Should be very interesting indeed.

19 minutes ago, THE BASTARD said:

Nailed it there Dazzles.    We are looking something like practically everywhere else apart from the defence.    Ole Guardiola Solskjaer  has a decision to make.    Does he just accept that we are going to ship goals, but plays an ultra attacking front line to get goals.  Or does he go cautious with a packed midfield and try to hit them on the break?   I'm sure he will have seen what Wolves did to them when they actually threw any respect out of the window at went at them.  Spurs crumbled and actually looked powerless to stop them.  

Its the Ole v Poch clash!!     Should be very interesting indeed.

3-1 Spurs.

Oh when the Yids going marching in...

46 minutes ago, Burns92 said:

First loss for OGS.

I’m hoping for a draw, but I do think they’ll win at least 2-1.

We’d need to play at 9/10 level to turn them over.

Son, Kane and Eriksen are in great form.

Edited by O

3 hours ago, O said:

Rashford

Martial-----Pogba----Lingard

Matić Herrera

Shaw Lindelöf Smalling Young

De Gea

Subs: Romero, Jones, Valencia, Dalot, Fellaini, Mata, Lukaku

Bailly suspended. Assume that Alexis will miss out.

Alexis will be sub he won't have two full backs bench 

13 minutes ago, O said:

I’m hoping for a draw, but I didn’t think they’ll win at least 2-1.

We’d need to play at 9/10 level to turn them over.

Son, Kane and Eriksen are in great form.

Agree 'O' man.   Any weak links and we'll be punished to the max.  But like I said earlier.   Whats our best plan of attack.  Surely Ole realises we are ropey as fuck at the back.  I just hope he doesn't go all Jose Van Pulis on us parks the bus.  With the pace at our disposal I'm hoping he just says fuck it lets have a right go.

Realistically I don't think we have a chance. This Spurs side is too well oiled and in top form currently. I we do go out swinging, and pull a City away 3-2 styled win. That would be mental. 

Oh fuck, I was super positive about this until I saw it was away. I still think we won't lose. This is Spurs we're facing, not Bayern Munich. A good test for the squad, tough match, low scoring, I think. I don't see more than 2, three goals tops. A full week of training ahead to work even more on how to play higher up the pitch, how to be compact and how to play together. I hope we overcrowd the middle, I want us to outnumber there in the middle, and they'll struggle. We'll be fine. 

I don't think we'll lose. 1-1. 

16 hours ago, RedDevilDazzy said:

Could be a high scoring game, like 3-3 or 4-3 Tottenham. Strangely I think we can get a draw in this. Our defence though.....

It sounds obvious, but we're basically going to have to out gun them I think. Kane against Jones or Smalling is nightmare inducing. Likewise, Martial, Rashford and Lingard (and Pogba) will cause them issues too.

Spurs play like us, so it could be a fun, end to end game.

I feel more positive about the outcome..this dugout oozes ..what needs to be oozed..

2-1 win..

If United are to make top 4..then the winning streak must continue..Ole and the team fully know that..United need maximum points against all in the top six..from Spurs onwards..im assuming Ole will play a counter attacking scenario..

If Pochettino can't beat a side that has been utter shit this season and who have brought in an interim manager over the last 3 weeks - then you need to question if he is indeed the right man for this job. 

22 minutes ago, St!mpy said:

If Pochettino can't beat a side that has been utter shit this season and who have brought in an interim manager over the last 3 weeks - then you need to question if he is indeed the right man for this job. 

It’s a big game for both Ole and him.

How Ole fairs in the big games will determine if he’s worthy of becoming our permanent manager.

30 minutes ago, rezzy said:

3-1 win.

Spurs look atrocious and Kane is shit as usual.

Rashford double.

Spurs have scored 22 goals from their last 5 games.