O

Liverpool 2018/2019

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Fuck this shit, i'm out. 

Seriously though, shows what can happen when a club is ran properly, i remember the heady days of the Transfer committee undermining Rodgers when actually they just had a longer term plan in their minds and Rodgers seemingly brought quite poorly. The second Liverpool got the right man in place they spent the big money on the spine and brought intelligently around that spine. They brought from relegated clubs and less successful clubs knowing that these plays would fit in to their system and play key parts even if they didn't play week in week out and its worked fantastically. 

How i fucking long for that type of thinking and work at United.  

Honestly dude, I can never see that type of thing happening at United. Pains me to type this but it's true. More chances of United becoming AC Milan than the current Liverpool in fairness.

For starters, we have never ever, ever, ever played a high press game in all my life as a United fan. Even Fergie never played football like that, and if I were to put my life on it then I'd say that the main reason they are so good to watch is because of their high intensity and press.,

Just look at how fit their players are and then when you look at crocks like Martial and Jones, you realise just how far we really are. My sentiments may have an influence on this, but in the last 10 years any club that I have seen dominate Europe has almost always played a high intensity, high press football.

Quite frankly, United has never done that and will never do it for all I know. Forget about CL, I'd even go and say that we will never another PL till Pep and Klopp are here.

34 minutes ago, Burns92 said:

Honestly dude, I can never see that type of thing happening at United. Pains me to type this but it's true. More chances of United becoming AC Milan than the current Liverpool in fairness.

For starters, we have never ever, ever, ever played a high press game in all my life as a United fan. Even Fergie never played football like that, and if I were to put my life on it then I'd say that the main reason they are so good to watch is because of their high intensity and press.,

Just look at how fit their players are and then when you look at crocks like Martial and Jones, you realise just how far we really are. My sentiments may have an influence on this, but in the last 10 years any club that I have seen dominate Europe has almost always played a high intensity, high press football.

Quite frankly, United has never done that and will never do it for all I know. Forget about CL, I'd even go and say that we will never another PL till Pep and Klopp are here.

I'm not overly fussed on the style we play as long as its attractive and is played throughout the ranks, styles come and go as Football changes, high press may work well at the moment but before that it was pass them off the park. A smart manager will come up with a way to tackle the high press and others will adopt this and that will become the new system of popularity. 

You're not wrong about the fitness though its woeful at United, hasn't help with the change of manager using a new system more reliant on Running and faster transition, a proper pre-season with a proper system should, hopefully, maybe see to that issue.. 

I'm more talking about the whole background running of this club, its not going to come good right away, it could and probably should take years but as we've seen with Liverpool if you do it right and keep patient it will come good. 

Now all we have to hope is Klopp continues with his bottling of  finals.. 

On 30/05/2019 at 07:57, Burns92 said:

@O Change title please.

Liverpool - Champions of Europe.

Well it worked this time 😡. What a miserable year this has been for us when we see man City winning domestic league and Liverpool winning cl while we so out of sorts that it feels like it will take another 5 years to even compete.

Fair play though. This has been coming and you can't say the team doesn't deserve it.

The fans, however, certainly do not. But I take solace in the fact that they all would have preferred the League...

I am not looking forward to the next 3-years. Hopefully Madrid or Bayern get some balls and go all out to sign Klopp (and Pep whilst we're at it). It's our best hope now 😔

4 hours ago, nirav said:

Well it worked this time 😡. What a miserable year this has been for us when we see man City winning domestic league and Liverpool winning cl while we so out of sorts that it feels like it will take another 5 years to even compete.

I blame that cunt @O for not changing it earlier, there wasn't enough time for the jinx to work.

They’ve had a dreadful pre-season results wise, so many players involved in international competitions, and not made any significant additions to the squad. Is this the year the arse falls out of it?

I don’t seem them going to toe-to-toe with City especially with the Club World Cup. Players like Mane, Salah and Firminio play every game when fit, surely they can’t stay that way for 95% of the season like last time out? Hopeful thinking maybe but I think City cruise to another title.

17 minutes ago, MrSwellman said:

They’ve had a dreadful pre-season results wise, so many players involved in international competitions, and not made any significant additions to the squad. Is this the year the arse falls out of it?

I don’t seem them going to toe-to-toe with City especially with the Club World Cup. Players like Mane, Salah and Firminio play every game when fit, surely they can’t stay that way for 95% of the season like last time out? Hopeful thinking maybe but I think City cruise to another title.

They should have signed another squad player or two, but they will have Gomez, The Ox and Brewster back from injury this season.

Fabinho should be even better this season.

Nobody can compete with City's squad, so they can only hope that they prioritise Europe after Christmas.

59 minutes ago, O said:

They should have signed another squad player or two, but they will have Gomez, The Ox and Brewster back from injury this season.

Fabinho should be even better this season.

Nobody can compete with City's squad, so they can only hope that they prioritise Europe after Christmas.

Ox is always injured. The season prior was a freak and he’ll be injured again before Xmas if he plays any prolonged amount of games. Gomez is decent but anything happened to Trent he’s gone from centre half. Milner can’t keep playing the rate he’s playing either body has to give at some point....fittest player or not. Last season was it for their league, they needed to invest to have any chance and they didn’t. If they’re putting that much faith in Brewster we won’t need to worry, he’s a child. 

A De Bruyne-less City got the job done. They added do the squad since. They’ll walk and Liverpool have blown their chance last year.

As good as they are they were very fortunate to get that points total. At least 10 points picked up from inexplicable goalkeeping errors in the dying minutes. They were grinding out results and riding a wave of momentum that will be hard to repeat. They were also well ahead at the start of last season in terms of preparation. They had a fantastic pre-season and very few players at the world cup – Not the case this time.

City win the league by 10+ points.

On 31/07/2019 at 10:28, SimplyGiggs said:

They had an absurd league season and there's just no way they'll replicate it.

They would be legitimate League champions if something was actually done about the cheating club in east  manchester