• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biggest indication that’s he’s Utd through and through and in fact the biggest compliment I can give him is that, Fellaini is not starting and didn’t even make the bench today. He must have turned

THE SHORTS ARE BACK BOYS!!! 

BURN THIS IMAGE INTO YOUR BRAINS LADS  

On 27/05/2021 at 21:55, O said:

Yep. So 4 more years in total.

He's under serious pressure next season.

I don't think he is, at all. The only way we're in trouble is if we're looking at 5th. Unlike in previous regimes, the players aren't going to cause unrest in the dressing room and the United pundits won't come for him so we will have to be really bad.

We will have a very good team going into next season so we will be in a sort of limbo - not good enough to win, but too good to really be in trouble. I don't think Chelsea or Liverpool will smash us next year so it will be as if us 3 are battling it out together. I don't see Spurs/Arsenal being there and West Ham/Leicester will fall off, so unless Chelsea/Liverpool have amazing seasons, we will be competitive with them and it will be seen as United doing as good as we could against the unbeatable City.

The true pressure will come when we're looking at 5 years without success with him, but there is a very genuine chance we can win a cup which will basically guarantee him the remainder of his new deal.

Edited by TheManc
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Squawka News

@SquawkaNews

Thomas Tuchel: "We talked about it with the goalkeepers when we had the first knockout game against Barnsley. Kepa is has the best save percentage with penalties, the analysts showed me the data and since then I decided."

Makes me angry about the EL final! Tuchel took off Mendy for Kepa for the shootout in case anyone isn't aware.

Thanks to hdcantona for the thread. The article softened my staunch support of Ole. I'm not an all out hater of the man (I think the relegation scare of Moyes is still to fresh for me), but for the supporters a little more transparency of just what the hell is going on would be not only appropriate but wise.

In looking at the current line up my first reaction was "Oh, no". Hopefully I am wrong - I pray that I'm wrong - but there is no one there that makes me eager to watch them play. Trumpeting Sancho may be good for a short burst of enthusiasm but they still seem to be lacking anything that resembles a working engine. You may put on great tires but if there's no oil you're not gonna get far.

• 2 weeks later...

The difference with Tuchel throwing Lukaku in right away is pretty hilarious. How long has Sancho been on the books now?

Guy is the biggest coward I've ever seen at this level. Always reverts to the tried and trusted. Was laughably talking about an expansive 4-3-3 in the summer and low and behold we start with McFred on opening day. All talk and our fanbase laps it all up.

We're going nowhere as a club. He has successfully destroyed all standards and expectations and has hoodwinked everyone around that top four is a success.

No urgency in the Southampton game - There wasn't the desperation of a title contender pushing to win at the end. Mediocrity is acceptable at Manchester United and that is the way - It's shown in everything we do on and off the pitch. Impossible to like this bunch. 

15 minutes ago, TFIA said:

The difference with Tuchel throwing Lukaku in right away is pretty hilarious. How long has Sancho been on the books now?

Guy is the biggest coward I've ever seen at this level. Always reverts to the tried and trusted. Was laughably talking about an expansive 4-3-3 in the summer and low and behold we start with McFred on opening day. All talk and our fanbase laps it all up.

We're going nowhere as a club. He has successfully destroyed all standards and expectations and has hoodwinked everyone around that top four is a success.

No urgency in the Southampton game - There wasn't the desperation of a title contender pushing to win at the end. Mediocrity is acceptable at Manchester United and that is the way - It's shown in everything we do on and off the pitch. Impossible to like this bunch. 

Unfortunately the mediocrity runs right the way through the club. Especially those who are in a position to replace solskjaer and involved in the recruitment side. As much as dislike chelseas owners they know when to pull the plug. We are still stuck in an age where we think unlimited patience in a manager will transform them into fergie or busby.

The philosophy is all about stifling trams and using occasional individual brilliant to secure the win. However this formula results in dire performances and only gets you so far. We don't create enough good chances because we arent being shown how to attack quickly enough with incision and getting enough bodies forward to hurt defenses. This allows the opposition to get set and outnumber our attackers. Even with such a cautious approach however we still leak goals due to defensive lapses or squandering the ball in midfield. 

• 2 weeks later...

Like giving the keys of a Lambo to a toddler.

Clueless and Cowardly.

We're Manchester United and the slag plays park the bus.

If he continues with this changing squad fuckery it ruins the balance. Underestimated YB left out Varane and Greenwood.

As long as Fred, Matic, Martial, Lingard and Lindelof have big parts to play according to him we win nothing even with the GOAT. Just shows how shite our core squad really is.

Just now, PVAD said:

Like giving the keys of a Lambo to a toddler.

Clueless and Cowardly.

We're Manchester United and the slag plays park the bus.

If he continues with this changing squad fuckery it ruins the balance. Underestimated YB left out Varane and Greenwood.

As long as Fred, Matic, Martial, Lingard and Lindelof have big parts to play according to him we win nothing even with the GOAT. Just shows how shite our core squad really is.

This a dream squad for pretty much 90% of the elite managers out there.

People underestimate the squad due to how badly it's been managed by Ole.

We are stuck with him now. Zidane is available, but the club will stick by Ole until at least next summer.

Just saw a clip of Guardiola berating Mahrez.

Flashback to Solskjaer..Fred shot over the crossbar ... Solskjaer applauded and smiled at him. 

Even little things like that indicate he is so far out his depth at this club. 2 games in and Ronaldo has started to shout out instructions...the GOAT for player manager board should consider it.

Solskjaer asked about midfield and his 'philosophy'
"I’m not here to explain every single detail of how I want my team to play. We want central midfielder who can play. Today’s football is about he’s a good 6, 8, 10 back in the day you had proper midfielders, Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Bryan Robson. You see players out there who can attack and defend and that’s what we look for, midfielders who are complete and we try to develop that in our midfield.

It's a balance between with how many you commit forward and how you defend because one little mistake and there’s a counter attack towards you.

Overarching philosophy… I don’t sit here and claim and talk... football is a simple game and it's about making good decisions and being in a team.

Sometimes we look too much into the all intricacies and it’s passion, it's desire - who wants to win the ball? Which one of the striker has the desire to get on the end of crosses?

You can talk about all sorts, it looks nice on paper. But when you go out on that pitch, it's who wants to win, that’s one of the big things. You want winners and I think I’m getting there with my team, team players."

from his PC today

31 minutes ago, TheManc said:

Overarching philosophy… I don’t sit here and claim and talk... football is a simple game and it's about making good decisions and being in a team.

Sometimes we look too much into the all intricacies and it’s passion, it's desire - who wants to win the ball? Which one of the striker has the desire to get on the end of crosses?

You can talk about all sorts, it looks nice on paper. But when you go out on that pitch, it's who wants to win, that’s one of the big things. You want winners and I think I’m getting there with my team, team players."

Reads like satire.

2 hours ago, TheManc said:

Solskjaer asked about midfield and his 'philosophy'
"I’m not here to explain every single detail of how I want my team to play. We want central midfielder who can play. Today’s football is about he’s a good 6, 8, 10 back in the day you had proper midfielders, Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Bryan Robson. You see players out there who can attack and defend and that’s what we look for, midfielders who are complete and we try to develop that in our midfield.

It's a balance between with how many you commit forward and how you defend because one little mistake and there’s a counter attack towards you.

from his PC today

He didn't like it when it came to tactics. Carrick & McKenna lead the training sessions.

Terrible answers. But like always, these bastards will rally for him on Sunday. The players deliver just when he's on the cusp of failure.

We're in a boom, bust, boom, bust, loop.

2 hours ago, TheManc said:

That sums it up. He's way too cautious. A good coached team plays with intricacies. They have a cohesion in defence and attack which means they can always be a threat to opponents creating chances while not completely ignoring defensive responsibilities. When a manager or coaches aren't able to instill that in the players through smart coaching then they will deploy the tactics solskjaer uses. Klopp, guardiola and tuchel are examples who have that capacity hence they have outperformed their predecessors. 

It's alright lads we gave it go.

We're at the start of the season, we know it's going to be a long journey. Champions League, FA Cup, Premier League - we've got lots of games. We just keep doing what we're doing to try and get results. We've started the season OK, apart from being out of this cup, which isn't great. And we haven't had a good result in Europe but we'll be ready for Saturday.

Nothing like being too confident Lol! 😆😊🤣

Even his pressers are comical now.

He will finish trophyless. Does not have the technical acumen or man management skill to be elite not he has learnt anything fast from previous experiences.

He will still get a new contract though and we all will be discussing the same thing next year too.