Sownak27

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 2018/19

6 minutes ago, O said:

It's not really his job to leave a world class squad tbf.

I often gave out for years about Ferguson not spending money on certain players. But in hindsight, I actually think he thought there wasn't enough value in the market the majority of the time. It wasn't just the Glazers being tight.

I'm sure he would have liked to have landed Hazard, but he passed on a lot of players because he always tried to bring in the right characters to help boost the squad.

We have signed Fellaini, Herrera, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Pogba, Matić and Fred for the CM/DM positions since his retirement, and we're still not a consistent PL side.

In fact, most of our signings haven't worked out. I'm sure he would have passed on most of them.

Had he stayed on as manager, I honestly think that Rafael, Evans, Cleverley, Nani, Kagawa and Welbeck would have continued on under his reign as the young nucleus of the squad. They performed for him (Kagawa not so much but was still settling).

i agree with you but considering how long he was here for and how much he loved the club i cant help but feel he could have left a better legacy than what he did.

if he did who know we might have had moyes still in charge.

1 hour ago, O said:

It's a huge summer ahead. Probably our most defining since Ferguson retired.

By late May, we need to have decided who is staying and who is going. And that includes De Gea and Pogba.

If they don't like the salary we are offering or want a move to Spain, then let them. As long as the money is right.

We need to remove any egos from the squad. Get back to basics. The difference in wages from one player to the next is alarming, and has lead to all of these issues with renewals. Woodward broke us with the Alexis signing. Now the likes of Herrera want more for their services. He's another that we'll have to let go.

Adopt a moneyball approach and also start signing young players just before they blow up. There are lots of players out there that are waiting to for someone to take a punt on them. Liverpool have done with Milner, Robertson and Wijnaldum. Signed for practically nothing and all very important players for them now. We need to start making more signings like this.

Yep, never was I so frustrated with United when I watched Mane, followed by Kante slip through our fingers in 2016. Either of those players would make such a difference to United now. They got some spunk.

Ole is doing a great job with what he inherited. He took us a step further in the CL which we didn't expect and he has us in contention for top 4 which we didn't expect.

Ole's at the wheel...……………..

Him and MP will do some scheming between now and the start of next season.

Just looking at the match day line ups when we went on that winning streak.

DDG Young Shaw Lindelof Jones Matic Herrera Pogba Martial Lingard Rashford 

Stick McTominay in there instead of Matic, Smalling instead of Jones and Lukaku instead of Martial are the main rotational changes Solskjaer makes.

Like I said above there was bound to be a drop of form perhaps as @TFIA said they could have been sticking it to Mourinho, regardless though, the results and style of play were encouraging.

The Arsenal away game was the start of this horrible run (maybe the PSG victory fucked up us in retrospect) since then Ole has been tweaking here and there. It's not the only reason but the main one for me is Herrera'a form and then injury and subsequent judas act.

He hit form (finally) and was pivotal in that midfield allowing Pogba to roam more who started scoring.

We've changed our style of play since so I reckon for these last few games Solskjaer needs to revert to the flair high pressing game scoring goals quickly in the first half dependant on strikers finishing!!.

I hope he doesn't stick Matic back in or persist with Young but fear he will. 

Solskjear will have a summer list in mind but a lot could depend on CL football.

The squad is trash. The mentality of certain players in particular. Jose was right to push Pogba and Martial towards the exit. They’re just not for it when things get tough. Martial has completely fallen off since his new contract, which was always going to happen. Small time player. 

Woodward is responsible for all of this shit as well as the fuckers who hire him. Giving the contract to Ole prematurely the latest in a long line of blunder. Literally made the exact same mistake 16 months ago. The club is rotting from the top down and needs a cull at boardroom level. Only when the income is jeopardised will those fuckers act – Woodward’s track record on the football side is a list of spectacular failures. 

As for Ole. His happy go lucky anti-Jose shit was only going to last so long. He made the players feel great initially by just smiling but with this group of degenerates more was always going to be required. He’s getting found out quite brutally right now – The squad aren’t riding that wave anymore and he looks utterly lost as to how to turn it round. Every performance is worse than the next – The trajectory should be in the other direction with a new manager. He has a challenge to turn this form around in the next four games or we really have to consider other options in the summer. Bring in a new DOF to head up football decision making and let him pick his guy – A fucking disgrace that we haven’t already done that. 

The whole thing is fucked. 

He recognises the massive job on hand but not sure if coaching and working with the players and making a couple of additions each year over the next few years will cut it?

"We know there's work to be done," said Solskjaer. "I've said all along this isn't going to change overnight and the next few years are going to be massive to get to the level of Barcelona.

"We're on with the job and we've spoken to the players about it as well. We need to create an environment of top, world-class attitude every single day.

"We've got a lot of good players to work with but as I have said, we have a rebuilding job. It started with coaches, players and of course one or two additions in the summer."

Wait til next season..£250mill spent and We finish outside the top 4 ..the Whole culture is shit.Fergie would never work with £500k a week players..media happy twats.Fergie knew he could not control them..that's why he stuck to a tried and tested method of fresh hungry players..who respected the badge and had a good work ethic.

Although it's understandable that people are concerned about our performances and run of form, I don't think last night's match is anything to get wound up about. We made a bright start, the tactics looked like they were working for 15 minutes.  Then we concede two terrible goals and basically gave up at that point. That's not to say we would have got through had we scored early of course considering who and where we were playing.

What happened last night shows where we are.  Barcelona are light years ahead of us, a brilliant, experienced European team.  They haven't lost at home in the CL for over 30 games and who are chasing the Treble, whilst we're a team who will only be the 4th best team in England at best after a difficult season, miles behind the Top 2.  Most people, including me, thought we had no chance of getting through against PSG so we got further than people thought (albeit with a lot of luck.)

The major thing that concerns me about the future is some of the players that we've signed up on longer contracts and some of the comments that Ole has made about the players we have.  I'm hoping that, at this stage, he's only being so positive about the players because he's learned a lesson from Mourinho - that when you've got no choice but to use the players you have, you have to keep them on side.  And certainly, if he is planning on building the team around Pogba, we won't be going where people want us to.

He might or might not be the man for the job, but the time I'm really going to start judging him is in the summer when he's had an opportunity to get rid of the deadwood and has the chance to really make the team his own.  Certainly the club has a lot of work to do to rebuild and progress and he has to be ruthless.  He's got no choice if we wants to succeed.

Ive got a feeling theres a shit storm brewing at the club.   Pogba, Heskey and De Gea want out.  Herrera has already jumped ship.   Ole no doubt wants to keep them.   But how much does Ed Deadwood want them??

Trouble ahead guaranteed.

26 minutes ago, THE BASTARD said:

Ive got a feeling theres a shit storm brewing at the club.   Pogba, Heskey and De Gea want out.  Herrera has already jumped ship.   Ole no doubt wants to keep them.   But how much does Ed Deadwood want them??

Trouble ahead guaranteed.

If it does happen than good just clear out anyone who does not want to be here. Buy players who may not have the best talent out there but are real hard working and gives a shit when we are loosing.

All these divas should be sold to the highest bidder in the transfer window. 

Edited by nirav

12 hours ago, Jay007 said:

Although it's understandable that people are concerned about our performances and run of form, I don't think last night's match is anything to get wound up about. We made a bright start, the tactics looked like they were working for 15 minutes.  Then we concede two terrible goals and basically gave up at that point. That's not to say we would have got through had we scored early of course considering who and where we were playing.

What happened last night shows where we are.  Barcelona are light years ahead of us, a brilliant, experienced European team.  They haven't lost at home in the CL for over 30 games and who are chasing the Treble, whilst we're a team who will only be the 4th best team in England at best after a difficult season, miles behind the Top 2.  Most people, including me, thought we had no chance of getting through against PSG so we got further than people thought (albeit with a lot of luck.)

The major thing that concerns me about the future is some of the players that we've signed up on longer contracts and some of the comments that Ole has made about the players we have.  I'm hoping that, at this stage, he's only being so positive about the players because he's learned a lesson from Mourinho - that when you've got no choice but to use the players you have, you have to keep them on side.  And certainly, if he is planning on building the team around Pogba, we won't be going where people want us to.

He might or might not be the man for the job, but the time I'm really going to start judging him is in the summer when he's had an opportunity to get rid of the deadwood and has the chance to really make the team his own.  Certainly the club has a lot of work to do to rebuild and progress and he has to be ruthless.  He's got no choice if we wants to succeed.

I don't think Ole will get that privileges, He lucky if he can get rid our deadwood.

On 17/04/2019 at 01:14, Shoot said:

You've changed yer fuckin tune, fair weather friend

I never once said Ole is at the wheel..I don't have faith in humans as much as you.

On 12/04/2019 at 15:42, TFIA said:

Really can’t understand why we didn’t just wait it out – Especially as it looks like the worst case scenario may be playing out in front of our eyes. We should have hired a DoF and he should have made the decision – As it is we’ll either carry in with the shambolic setup we have or a guy with no connection to the manager. . 

And so it came to pass.

Literally everyone at this club needs sacking. The Glazer cronies Woodward, Ferguson, Charlton – The whole fucking lot of them. How fucking hard could it have been to wait until the end of the season and assess everything? What was the rush? Was Ole going somewhere else? The club is a shambles from the top down.

We have absolutely collapsed under Ole. Our form in the last 7 games has been unbelievably poor and the two wins in that time flatter us. Busted flush. Meanwhile the guy who was our #1 target until about 2 months ago is now making history at Spurs. Ole always could have been the fallback option if Pochettino didn’t come – Not like any other big club would be in for him right now while he’s getting exposed as a happy go lucky fraud. Fucking short term emotional garbage – The plan thrown out after a few good results and a few lucky goals. The state of this club. 

29 minutes ago, TFIA said:

And so it came to pass.

Literally everyone at this club needs sacking. The Glazer cronies Woodward, Ferguson, Charlton – The whole fucking lot of them. How fucking hard could it have been to wait until the end of the season and assess everything? What was the rush? Was Ole going somewhere else? The club is a shambles from the top down.

We have absolutely collapsed under Ole. Our form in the last 7 games has been unbelievably poor and the two wins in that time flatter us. Busted flush. Meanwhile the guy who was our #1 target until about 2 months ago is now making history at Spurs. Ole always could have been the fallback option if Pochettino didn’t come – Not like any other big club would be in for him right now while he’s getting exposed as a happy go lucky fraud. Fucking short term emotional garbage – The plan thrown out after a few good results and a few lucky goals. The state of this club. 

One suspects you are a bit of a headless chicken.

Genuinely, if you offered me a blank canvas and 600-700 million to rebuild an entirely new squad with everyone gone, i'd take it. We have so many players on our books not good enough and even the ones that are, they're nowhere near consistent enough. The deadwood must go and we need to enrich the squad with a whole new mentality that's not based around collecting players who sell jerseys.

17 minutes ago, peterswellman said:

Genuinely, if you offered me a blank canvas and 600-700 million to rebuild an entirely new squad with everyone gone, i'd take it. We have so many players on our books not good enough and even the ones that are, they're nowhere near consistent enough. The deadwood must go and we need to enrich the squad with a whole new mentality that's not based around collecting players who sell jerseys.

Inb4 new Mata contract. 

1 hour ago, Shoot said:

One suspects you are a bit of a headless chicken.

I am the only voice of reason on this forum.

1 hour ago, O said:

He’s correct. Should have waited.

I wasn't talking to you

The problems with the club are on the pitch and upstairs. Not what's on the bench. Fuckin laughable to start taking pot shots at Ole.

The planning for next season will already be underway. That cant happen with a temporary manager in place!!

16 minutes ago, Shoot said:

I wasn't talking to you

The problems with the club are on the pitch and upstairs. Not what's on the bench. Fuckin laughable to start taking pot shots at Ole.

The planning for next season will already be underway. That cant happen with a temporary manager in place!!

We could have 5 years to plan. We’d still fuck it up. Woodward is at the wheel.

Ole deserves every bit of criticism for continuing to start Young and Lingard no matter what their form.

And yes, the club can plan without a manager. That’s the whole point of bringing in a DoF. He’d be targeting players to fit a certain style. And you hire managers to fit with that. Duh.

Ole could very easily waste €250 million on garbage this summer. We’ll have to wait and see.

Deadwood at the wheel is bang on 'O' Man.    The top 4 tosser.     And he's going to hang Ole out to dry.

I'm calling it early.     Without 6 or 7 new quality players, Ole will be sacked at Christmas.

He should have told the players. You are all playing for your futures .not just at this club ..but any club..if you fail here..you fail anywhere .and that should be in the  press conference after his first defeat.no point keeping deadwood happy..call a spade a spade..