haggler

The Gypsy King vs The Bronze Bomber

Seldom in boxing do you get a fight so hard to pick 

Wilder is barely above cruiserweight and has fought a series of bums. He clearly has a punch like a mule but he has been rocked a few times himself by much lesser boxers than Fury

Fury has a three stone weight advantage which can be a blessing and a curse depending on how his condition is

Will fury keep Wilder at range till the power drops then use the weight to tire wilder out?

Will Wilder connect early and end it before it begins

Can Fury win an easy points victory or will he blow up after the mid rounds

Joe Joyce is on the bill and he will be at their level soon

Is it worth the pay?

1 hour ago, JJtheRed said:

Joe Joyce is nowhere near that level and never will be. Apart from a good engine, he’s got no outstanding qualities. 

Dubois is the best of the rest, raw as he is. 

Nice jab before the knockout there

Very open though.

That shouldn't have even been close. Fury dominant throughout, even after being knocked down twice. Scores sum up rather conveniently to milk that rematch ca$$h. 

Love him or hate him, Fury has shown ridiculous recovery to get back to this decision. Phenomenal specimen. 

That was a great fight

Fury was robbed 

But how he got up from that knockdown ? Wilder must have thought he was fighting the terminator 

Undercard was bloody awful though.

Wilder proved he has a punch like a mule and can take a dig as well

Fury proved he is probably the most under rated fighter ever.

That judge that gave it by 4 to Wilder was parachuted in from the first ggg alvarez fight

Fury getting up from that second knockdown like the undertaker was quality.

I want to know how  one of the judge's gave wilder 7 rounds.

3 at the most fury was robbed.

Heard the fight on the Radio. Fury was on top, but getting knocked down twice had me fucking concerned. The fact that he got up twice, what a fucking guy by the way, and come back was amazing fighting spirit from him. I thought Wilder won because of the knockdowns, but I mostly heard Fury was ahead in the fight. A draw was bullshitty, Fury should win the rematch, and hope he KO's Wilder.

I've never been a fan of Fury's to be honest, but I enjoyed his recent appearance on Joe Rogans podcast and it made me root for him in this fight. How he's come back to perform from the condition he was in over the last year, to perform like he did last night, is truly remarkable. Fair play to the man for battling his demons and coming out on top. Pity he didn't get the result he deserved.

I think the majority of people watching that fight will feel Fury was the winner. He completely outboxed Wilder. The 1st knockdown was a bit strange, but I couldn't believe my eyes when he got up from that 2nd knockdown. Not only that, but to then go on and put the pressure back on Wilder after pretty much rising from the dead, it was a crazy finale to the fight. Huge respect for Fury after this, hope he gets the win he deserves when they do the rematch.

Indeed Ed.  I'm no boxing aficionado but looking into the build up this past week it looked to me like it might be a fight too soon for Fury.  But he was absolutely brilliant.   Much the better boxer. Superb jabbing and never did he look in any trouble.  Fair fucks to the guy.  He was fuckin robbed.

Fury won the fight. The draw wasn’t a scandalous result but Wilder’s card made it quite obvious the fix was in. Fury was never getting the decision.

Wilder’s promotion just have too much invested in him for him to lose the belt. They’re already talking about Joshua now. Had Fury won Wilder would have been left on the side lines with Fury-Joshua being the biggest HW fight in decades, the biggest British fight in history. 

Sad because I think Wilder’s stock takes a bigger hit with a draw than a defeat. It took the most insane recovery I’ve ever seen in a boxing ring to beat him and now people will only remember the crooked decision. Same thing with Canelo vs GGG I when he actually performed brilliantly but took heat over the decision. Too much stock is put into losses – The guys would be better off with the right results. They all have to fight each other eventually anyways.

The biggest loser on the night was Joshua. He has to step up now or will face ridicule. He can’t carry on fighting trash like Whyte. His career has been carefully managed to this point but it’s clear there’s a big three now in boxing – Fury has shown him up something serious by taking the Wilder fight in the US without any fuss. I think both guys give Joshua huge problems – Have always thought Fury clowns him. 

If nothing else this fight is finally seeing Fury get the credit his skill merits. Remember the leaps of logic people were taking to discredit the Wlad display? Good times. 

4 hours ago, TFIA said:

Sad because I think Wilder’s stock takes a bigger hit with a draw than a defeat. It took the most insane recovery I’ve ever seen in a boxing ring to beat him and now people will only remember the crooked decision. Same thing with Canelo vs GGG I when he actually performed brilliantly but took heat over the decision. Too much stock is put into losses – The guys would be better off with the right results. They all have to fight each other eventually anyways.

A loss does way more damage. It removes him from the heavyweight equation. Kills off any chance of his big money PPV. AJ can’t actually make as much money in the US as Eddie Hearn thinks, unless it’s with the right opponent. Wilder never has and never will be that guy. His leverage is the belt, Fury v Joshua is a lot bigger of a fight.

Boxing has always valued no loss records. Wilder’s is a bit more important as people have accepted he’s an inferior boxer to most and his fights are watchable for his Hail Mary power.

I actually thought Wilder was even worse than usual. Partly due to Fury as he always makes opponents look sloppy and desperate. But he looked lost, couldn’t handle the movement and gassed. Even when he knocked Fury down he couldn’t find it in him to finish, and that instinct is usually one of his few strengths.

If I’m AJ I come out of that fight happier about his chances against Wilder. You can’t really do anything about the power. It’s there and it’s a risk. But the right fundamentals will always take rounds from Wilder. AJ is no technical wizard but Wilder would make him look like a prime Pernell Whittaker.

Listen lads, all im saying, is theres a reason Mayweather has never fought outside the US.

Eliminate the small chance you get done by judges in another country that you cant bribe.

He hasnt needed it at any stage, but i've seen fights that have been a lot more one sided than a Mayweather fight being judged in the other direction. Sometimes its just the most blatant shite you'll ever witness. Fights that should be a 6/7/8 round difference in one direction being judged the same in another.

The US have judges bribed up the walls. 

4 hours ago, rezzy said:

Listen lads, all im saying, is theres a reason Mayweather has never fought outside the US.

Eliminate the small chance you get done by judges in another country that you cant bribe.

He hasnt needed it at any stage, but i've seen fights that have been a lot more one sided than a Mayweather fight being judged in the other direction. Sometimes its just the most blatant shite you'll ever witness. Fights that should be a 6/7/8 round difference in one direction being judged the same in another.

The US have judges bribed up the walls. 

I'd say he never travelled because of pay-per-view purses.

Floyd was also on the wrong end of the worst scorecard this century when someone judged his Canelo fight a draw.

If there is a rematch wilder wins it very quickly

Fury schooled him but he won’t be dumb enough to stay so quiet early on.

Fury however must win the spoty award as that fight was poetic as was his comeback from total adversity.

Fat fucks ftw

AJ will school Wilder I've said this for a while now and I'm even more certain he will. 

Fury however will be a whole different type of challenge. This fight has to happen I'm an AJ guy but he needs to fight Fury or Wilder to cement how good he really is.

Edited by Cole

Rumblings of a rematch... 

Finally got round to watching the full fight and those scorecards are a sick joke. 

I will echo what was said above, if they get it on again Wilder gets an earlyish stoppage. 

9 hours ago, hdcantona said:

ugh like neither of them and don't think either is a massive threat to Joshua but fury got robbed

sets up an inevitable rematch anyway -_-

Wilder has the power to sleep ANYONE in the division and Fury has shown he could outbox AJ - who’s a more orthodox / predictable puncher than Wilder. 

Whyte rocked AJ and he’s not even a big puncher - first to land wins in that fight; always said that.