O

UCL - Game 4 - Juventus vs Man Utd

Just now, MikeM said:

Well if we do, don't get excited by the prospect of us being back any time soon.

Seriously Mick.  Its not a problem.    I wasn't in a rush to be in it this season and I'm seeing nothing that fills me with optimism for next. The Glazers wank off it, but not me.

Expect another defeat against City. United are so so weak in attack. Have no player capable of getting round the back and no one with any bottle to get on the end of a cross and finish it off......reckon it needs lots of talented youngsters coming through or 100s of millions spent on the team to get back to a United standard.

3 minutes ago, MikeM said:

Jose says he wants us to play an interchanging front three - I'm still amazed with the talent that we have we can't seem to get that working.

It's just odd that we're so blunt down the right. It usually ends with Young or whoever happens to be playing in front of him checking back. No overlapping runs or anything creative really. 

1 minute ago, O said:

When will we sack him? 

Nothing is changing. The result tonight isn’t important. But it’s like we’re in Limbo.

When City dick us on Sunday, and then Valencia beat us. He's not going anywhere until we're definitely out of Europe.

Just now, MikeM said:

When City dick us on Sunday, and then Valencia beat us. He's not going anywhere until we're definitely out of Europe.

We’ll beat City. Mourinho always finds away to hang on. City last season, Newcastle this season.

1 minute ago, Cadell said:

It's just odd that we're so blunt down the right. It usually ends with Young or whoever happens to be playing in front of him checking back. No overlapping runs or anything creative really. 

I fail to see how Marcus can't do that role, he's done okay at it for England. Where we're really hurting though is by not having a true, top class overlapping right back.

1 minute ago, O said:

We’ll beat City. Mourinho always finds away to hang on. City last season, Newcastle this season.

Even so, he'll cling on if we're in the Europa because it provides a gateway to the Champions League again. If that happens, expect a maximum of a top six finish.

Somebody fucking run for him!!

I'd fancy Juan to score from here.

I'm psychic. What a fucking goal Juan.

Just now, kevthebad said:

Expect another defeat against City. United are so so weak in attack. Have no player capable of getting round the back and no one with any bottle to get on the end of a cross and finish it off......reckon it needs lots of talented youngsters coming through or 100s of millions spent on the team to get back to a United standard.

Been saying it for 2 years Kev.  It needs 400 million throwing at it. But apparently the top quality talent is already there. Its just not being managed right.   No Zidane's  or Poches are fixing this brother.     Some need to wake up and realise that the vast majority of this squad is bench fodder at the Prem's top 6 teams.

Think we've had one shot on target in 80 minutes....need to completely change the current philosophy of the club, and start by getting a manager who actually encourages attacking football!