ALF

Spider-Man Ps4

2 hours ago, hdcantona said:

not played it but one of my mates is raving about it 

Its really fucking good, proper cinematic, never stops action wise it seems really long too i doubt i'm even close to completing it. It'll please both fans of the comic and non alike, it isn't an origin story or anything which is really good and theres some subtle and not so subtle hints to the comics. 

Fighting is great fun, swinging madly around New York is fun too and the story is engaging and well written. As someone who doesn't really do online gaming having a game thats focused fully on storymode is refreshing. 

Bought Dragon Quest XI instead of Spiderman.

The combat from everything i've seen of Spidey is just "fight these bad guys.. OH WAIT - heres 10 more bad guys".

It can be fun with the combos, skills and gadgets, but i think it would be repetitive. Not worth the €70 PSN is asking for it.

Played 6 hours of Dragon Quest so far, and I'm loving it. Gorgeous graphics and art, cool story and enjoyable gameplay. Music is nostalgic as fuck - reminds me of FF7.

I'll grab Spiderman when it drops in price or goes on sale in 3/4 months.

I've been slowly working my way though this of an evening, about 50% through atm. Honestly, it's pretty fucking good. Hands down the best Spiderman game and is on par for the Arkham series.

But with that said, I feel like it doesn't warrant the £50 price tag. It's a singleplayer game, which means little to no replay value (though no doubt i'll probably jump on from time-to-time to have a swing around). For me, the benchmark of a singleplayer game that's worth £50 is God of War. That game set the bar exceptionally high. 

Spiderman has a great story, and they surprised me with some of the directions they went in. The gameplay is really fun too. But it's still quite shallow. If you take away the story, you're left with repeating the same busy work over and over. They're not particularly bad, but at this stage, i've really had my fill with such game mechanics. They ever have towers to climb to unlock the map...

Anyway, brilliant game. But I would feel a lot better about getting value for money if I picked it up for about £25-£30. But I was too hyped about this and I didn't want to wait any longer haha. If it's of interest, it's a must play. But definitely hold out for something in the above price range would be my shout.

On 12/09/2018 at 11:08, Juanderful said:

I've been slowly working my way though this of an evening, about 50% through atm. Honestly, it's pretty fucking good. Hands down the best Spiderman game and is on par for the Arkham series.

But with that said, I feel like it doesn't warrant the £50 price tag. It's a singleplayer game, which means little to no replay value (though no doubt i'll probably jump on from time-to-time to have a swing around). For me, the benchmark of a singleplayer game that's worth £50 is God of War. That game set the bar exceptionally high. 

Spiderman has a great story, and they surprised me with some of the directions they went in. The gameplay is really fun too. But it's still quite shallow. If you take away the story, you're left with repeating the same busy work over and over. They're not particularly bad, but at this stage, i've really had my fill with such game mechanics. They ever have towers to climb to unlock the map...

Anyway, brilliant game. But I would feel a lot better about getting value for money if I picked it up for about £25-£30. But I was too hyped about this and I didn't want to wait any longer haha. If it's of interest, it's a must play. But definitely hold out for something in the above price range would be my shout.

It's on bundle at Argos and my brother was thinking of buying the game and new controller anyways. Now I'm just debating getting the PS4 bundle and that will sort me out for FIFA and RDR2. Spiderman was originally my favourite hero out of the Marvel Universe 

20 hours ago, sam10ness said:

It's on bundle at Argos and my brother was thinking of buying the game and new controller anyways. Now I'm just debating getting the PS4 bundle and that will sort me out for FIFA and RDR2. Spiderman was originally my favourite hero out of the Marvel Universe 

Go for it man! You should also pick up God of War whenever you get the chance. Probably the best PS4 game you can buy (though with Spiderman, RDR and Fifa - you should have plenty to keep you busy!)

I finished Spiderman now. Was worth the wait!

I bought it after the positive reviews and have not been disappointed very well done game and i am thoroughly enjoying it. Almost completed at 80ish percent and will use as a makeweight for RDR2.