Burns92

Romelu Lukaku 2018/19

GOALS  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Lukaku score in all Comps?

What I loved about him last season was how he improved his overall game throughout the season - went through a heavy slump and came out the other side stronger. Underrated build up play.

Really passionate, intelligent guy - a great influence for the team. Very important he stays injury free this year.

On 13/08/2018 at 23:41, Mkhi22 said:

Missed a sitter. Would have been good for him to get off the mark in the first game but I think he'll have another solid season

Hopefully he does but he is sloppy as f**k quite often.

To become a top top striker he needs to work on that part of his game and I'm sure he can pass his tally of last season.

He looked a different beast at the World Cup but one could argue when you have Dembele, De Bruyne and Hazard at your disposal makes it that bit easier.

Much better today. He got better as the game went on. Even with 10 men.

Pogba should have let him take the penalty. And we should have been awarded another penalty after he rounded Hart.

This is the Lukaku we need. Powerful running, a presence in the box, quick layoffs, etc.

Good shit. But worrying that we can't win when he's not at it.

Needs to be more clinical in these 1v1 situations. To be fair to him though, he did beat Hart in the second half and would've scored if Mee hadn't blatantly pulled him down. His performance overall was much better today.

10 minutes ago, Burns92 said:

No united player has scored one since then.

In Europe we've had three, one of them being Robin saving us against Olympiakos. 

He got confidence early on against Mee and it was over after that. He ripped him apart.

He’s the ultimate flat track bully though. At least there’s signs of some chemistry with Alexis, never clicked for them last season. They’ll have to carry us with goals. 

Nice to see him play so well and get another two goals. When he's as off the boil as he has been at the start of the season, it does have a huge impact on the quality of the team's collective performance.

Hopefully his performance against Burnley means he's finding his match sharpness.

4 minutes ago, nirav said:

Another game another goal.. tackle at the end of the game  was amazing from him. 

He's a brilliant goalscorer. Makes some stupid decisions at times, but his mentality can never be questioned.

He is one of the few players who genuinely enjoys playing for Mourinho. He will do his best for him.

He plays in a team which isn't as good or as attacking, and gets worse service as well.

He's a great goalscorer, but I love his attitude and work ethic just as much. He certainly drives the team on. 

Edited by Jay007

He’s only 25 years old and he’s overtaken Drogba’s goalscoring record. 

I’ve been saying since his West Brom days how good he is and he’s improving all the time. Remember when people said Benteke was better. LOL. 

6 minutes ago, Cole said:

I’ve been saying since his West Brom days how good he is and he’s improving all the time. Remember when people said Benteke was better. LOL. 

That was TFIA.

Drogba wasn't a great goalscorer. But he was a huge big game player. Destroyed Arsenal and always scored in cup finals.

Lukaku is the opposite. Scores regularly against 75% of the teams, but doesn't always deliver in the big games.

28 minutes ago, O said:

Lukaku is the opposite. Scores regularly against 75% of the teams, but doesn't always deliver in the big games.

When you look at how bad our goals record is over the past few years, a player like that is fantastic to have

38 minutes ago, Cole said:

Benteke was better. The achilles injury ended him.

2 hours ago, TFIA said:

Benteke was better. The achilles injury ended him.

Mourinhoball would save his career.

2 hours ago, JaimeL said:

When you look at how bad our goals record is over the past few years, a player like that is fantastic to have

I like Lukaku, but we’ll probably never win The CL with him. We’re a few years away from being competitive in that anyway.

46 minutes ago, O said:

Mourinhoball would save his career.

I like Lukaku, but we’ll probably never win The CL with him. We’re a few years away from being competitive in that anyway.

We're a long way off anything like that - you need to be far more dynamic and flexible to go far there now.

Remember the nightmares Ferguson had in the Europa because of how static we were towards the end of his tenure? Same problem now under the three dinosaurs we brought in to replace him.