dualtamac

Anthony Martial 2018/19

MEN says that the board blocked Jose's request to transfer him. Given that mentally I think Martial is a bit of a loose cannon, this could do anything to him. I hope he decides to buckle down and prove himself.

I don't think it's an either/or with regards to Martial and Mourinho. I think they both need to go.  I was excited by Martial's potential when he first started his career yet and there's no doubting he's a talent, but his attitude is dreadful.

Part of it may be his relationship with Mourinho and the way Mourinho has man managed him, but he's just as bad. He's never looked like he's keen to put the work and effort in to develop and succeed, or shown that he wants to fight for his place.

Edited by Jay007

Definitely up there with one of our worst ever bits of business.  Certainly not cut out for the premiership.    He'd look decent at Espanyol  or some other none descript club.    But has never looked comfortable handling the pressure of being at a big club.

14 minutes ago, THE BASTARD said:

Definitely up there with one of our worst ever bits of business.  Certainly not cut out for the premiership.    He'd look decent at Espanyol  or some other none descript club.    But has never looked comfortable handling the pressure of being at a big club.

Ban please

Another one with lot of skill but no desire to attain what he truly can.

Another one who will get a bumper contract when he does not deserve it. Hope he turns it around and achieve his potential.

Not fair to say Martial has no desire. 

Martial wanted first team football and that's why he wanted to leave. He didnt want the contract. It's more of Man united wanting him to sign. 

3 hours ago, hyruga said:

Not fair to say Martial has no desire. 

Martial wanted first team football and that's why he wanted to leave. He didnt want the contract. It's more of Man united wanting him to sign. 

Bebe & Obertan also wanted a 1st team football for a while I guess