O

Champions League: Last 16 - Man Utd vs Sevilla (2nd leg)

They lost 2-0 at home against Valencia today.

After our last 3 results, I'll be amazed if we don't win.

Have to be careful though, having not scored away. 

If everyone is fit and available, then we have to stick with the same team as today.

It's a bit of an awkward position to be in, since we can't afford to concede, so we'll have to be careful. But with the pace/quality of the first 4 and the recent run of results, then we should be getting the win.

2 hours ago, Jay007 said:

If everyone is fit and available, then we have to stick with the same team as today.

It's a bit of an awkward position to be in, since we can't afford to concede, so we'll have to be careful. But with the pace/quality of the first 4 and the recent run of results, then we should be getting the win.

We just make sure we win, doesn't matter what they do then. Treat it like a straight knockout.

19 hours ago, peterswellman said:

Why in gods name are we dropping Ashley Young? Same team as today for sure.

Personally I think he's better used in the bigger games when there's someone like Salah to deal with. 

Just to freshen up would not mind Fellaini and Lingard starting

-------------------- DDG ---------------------------

Valencia -- Bailey -Smalling -----Shaw

- Mactominay -- Matic ----- Fellaini-----

- Lingard --------- Lukaku ---- Sanchez ---

Season hinges on this game.

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Smalling Young

McTominay Matic

Mata Sanchez Rashford

Lukaku

Think it's pretty obvious we'll be unchanged. No reason to change it up after exactly the sort of performance that's required against a better side. Maybe Fellaini comes in but I doubt Mourinho will play as defensively at home. If Pogba is back throw him out on the wing for that spanish fuck - Doesn't seem like he will be.

Football is shit, but unless we get through tomorrow, the Liverpool match will mean fuck all. It's unfair, but that's how it works.

I would obviously go unchanged for the match providing everyone is fit and completely ready. I didn't watch Sevilla this weekend, but I saw they lost. Their season depends on this match and the Cup final they have; so we shouldn't relax or get confident after Saturday.

Just go out there, totally focused in what has to be done, start well, get the win; and then celebrate the great week we have had. 

Come on United!

If we score early i'll be shaking like a shitting dog with chronic Parkinsons.      Cant see anything other than a nervous performance.  I think it will be a lot harder than the away leg.  I'm not convinced we are ready to progress in all honesty.

1 minute ago, THE BASTARD said:

If we score early i'll be shaking like a shitting dog with chronic Parkinsons.      Cant see anything other than a nervous performance.  I think it will be a lot harder than the away leg.  I'm not convinced we are ready to progress in all honesty.

Nothing can be as bad as what we saw in Sevilla.

They don’t travel well.

We should be buzzing. 2-1 win at worst.

I'll take that all day O man.      And I know they're not a great side.    But I just have this feeling at some stage they will score. Just hope we are already comfortably in front.