Sign in to follow this  
O

West Brom - Pardiola era

Recommended Posts

So... you're bottom of the league and go to Spain for a bit of warm weather training. Randomly, four of your most senior players decide to rob a taxi and take the piss.

FFS. Gareth Barry is the leading PL appearance maker and Jonny Evans was being linked with City and Arsenal a few weeks ago! They're in their 30s. 😂

Jake Livermore might have had a family bereavement in recent months, but he is constantly involved in off the field antics. Tested positive for cocaine, and now this.

They are doomed if they don't go on a massive run of wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Barry is a dark horse. Remember he and a bunch of City players ended up at a student house party in Scotland? He seems quiet and professional and then he's involved in stuff like this.

What a man. Playing PL football regularly for 20 years this May, yet still makes time for a few pints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SimplyGiggs said:

What a total wanker Jonny Evans is.

Wasn't he caught up in that party before Blackburn at home on New Year's Day in 2012? Quietly a party animal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JaimeL said:

Wasn't he caught up in that party before Blackburn at home on New Year's Day in 2012? Quietly a party animal

Rooney, Evans and Gibson. The three Irish cunts.

Gibson has a big drink problem actually. Sunderland fans filmed him pissed in a pub last season. He slated loads of teammates for not caring, and then they said that he hardly cares, seen as he had a pint in his hand. Haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, O said:

Rooney, Evans and Gibson. The three Irish cunts.

Gibson has a big drink problem actually. Sunderland fans filmed him pissed in a pub last season. He slated loads of teammates for not caring, and then they said that he hardly cares, seen as he had a pint in his hand. Haha.

Wasn't Gibson caught drink driving before too? I remember reading about him having trouble with his wife/girlfriend about a year ago. He was actually decent at times for us (didn't he score in a CL semi-final vs Shalke?) - he was unlucky with injuries and I'm guessing that's what contributed to his drinking problems - though the only person who'd know about that is the man himself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SimplyGiggs said:

What a total wanker Jonny Evans is.

There's always been something about him that says "twat" to me, when I heard that "four players" had stolen a taxi and that they were WBA, I expected him to be one of them.

It's piss poor on all four of them that the team is staring down the barrel of relegation, and they're arsing about. Lots of talk that Pardew may get the bullet for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/2/2018 at 20:18, SimplyGiggs said:

What a total wanker Jonny Evans is.

Won’t say a bad word about Rooney though. Strange that. Is banned for drunk driving Wayne Rooney a wanker too? What about cheating on his pregnant wife Wayne Rooney, a wanker? What about soliciting prostitution Wayne Rooney? You’re the biggest hypocrite on this forum.

 

7 hours ago, MikeM said:

There's always been something about him that says "twat" to me, when I heard that "four players" had stolen a taxi and that they were WBA, I expected him to be one of them.

LOL. Riiiiiiight. The cops needs to bring you in to work for them. You’d be brilliant at predicting crimes before they happen. Could be a massive addition to the force.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SimplyGiggs said:

That response suggests you know I'm right, but will stop short of admitting it.

I edited my post in the mean time but here goes. 

Is banned for drunk driving Wayne Rooney a wanker too? What about cheating on his pregnant wife Wayne Rooney, a wanker? What about soliciting prostitution Wayne Rooney?

I must have missed your outrage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, peterswellman said:

I edited my post in the mean time but here goes. 

Is banned for drunk driving Wayne Rooney a wanker too? What about cheating on his pregnant wife Wayne Rooney, a wanker? What about soliciting prostitution Wayne Rooney?

I must have missed your outrage.

I called Evans a wanker. Apologies for not reigning in my outrage. 

Never defended Rooney's off pitch behaviour. But since you absolutely insist on bringing him up again, he was a wanker who was also one of the most successful players in our history. 

Evans, meanwhile, on top of being a total liability as a player, spits on people, steals taxis abroad and on a professional level is currently captaining a total shit show to certain relegation. And yet you'd take him back at this club - embarrassing.

Now go on, derail this thread into some worthless Rooney character assassination as if that offers any defence of Evans' failures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get all the self-righteous tosh about a few guys getting pissed and borrowing a taxi to get home. Sounds like Essex or Shoreditch in East London in the twilight hours of a Sunday morning, except they didn’t stab some stranger or throw acid in a woman’s face.

Given the more serious issues in the game like pedophiles, serious drug cartels, gang related gambling on games, rapes of young women, alcoholism, it all seems a storm in a tea cup. The guys tonight on TV were not impressed, nor expect is anyone else, but the level of fuss is  way over the top.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SimplyGiggs said:

I called Evans a wanker. Apologies for not reigning in my outrage. 

Never defended Rooney's off pitch behaviour. But since you absolutely insist on bringing him up again, he was a wanker who was also one of the most successful players in our history. 

Evans, meanwhile, on top of being a total liability as a player, spits on people, steals taxis abroad and on a professional level is currently captaining a total shit show to certain relegation. And yet you'd take him back at this club - embarrassing.

Now go on, derail this thread into some worthless Rooney character assassination as if that offers any defence of Evans' failures.

The bolded part was all I was after really. To be fair you didn’t have much choice without looking like a ridiculous hypocrite.

No defending of Evans or Rooney, both idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stretford End Phil said:

I don’t get all the self-righteous tosh about a few guys getting pissed and borrowing a taxi to get home. Sounds like Essex or Shoreditch in East London in the twilight hours of a Sunday morning, except they didn’t stab some stranger or throw acid in a woman’s face.

Given the more serious issues in the game like pedophiles, serious drug cartels, gang related gambling on games, rapes of young women, alcoholism, it all seems a storm in a tea cup. The guys tonight on TV were not impressed, nor expect is anyone else, but the level of fuss is  way over the top.

 

Eh, if they were drunk, which hasn’t been mentioned, that is one of the most serious and selfish acts a person can commit.

Not to mention the taxi driver’s potential loss of earnings and the ordeal he went through in tracking down his vehicle. Most people like to return to where they parked their vehicle and find that it’s still there.

They’re bottom of the table and were treated to a few days in the sun. A bit of professionalism wouldn’t go amiss. Or some human decency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, peterswellman said:

LOL. Riiiiiiight. The cops needs to bring you in to work for them. You’d be brilliant at predicting crimes before they happen. Could be a massive addition to the force.

Nah it's not a general thing, but Evans for some reason has always rubbed me up the wrong way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, O said:

Eh, if they were drunk, which hasn’t been mentioned, that is one of the most serious and selfish acts a person can commit.

Not to mention the taxi driver’s potential loss of earnings and the ordeal he went through in tracking down his vehicle. Most people like to return to where they parked their vehicle and find that it’s still there.

They’re bottom of the table and were treated to a few days in the sun. A bit of professionalism wouldn’t go amiss. Or some human decency.

Hmmm, and then there’s the society we live in. 

The Sun, always so quick to add colour to their stories with ‘ifs’, has made none about drunkeness or whether the players were given a breathalyser. ‘If’ in this case has no substantive grounds other than that they were in a McDonalds which more than likely points to food poisoning. I understand Rooney was breathalysed after being pulled over and then arrested.

Comparing captain’s I would judge Rooney’s behaviour criminally irresponsible and would have given him a short term prison sentence - but then I’ve seen first hand how drunk drivers destroy lives.

Was the taxi stolen or borrowed? The police seem to have treated this as a misdemeanour. Was the taxi owner paid his fare, no evidence. Was he left out of pocket? Who knows but there are more questions than answers.

The entire incident is pathetic but on the facts its little more than a storm in a tea cup. 

Professionalism and human decency - do they mean anything to modern footballers?

4 minutes ago, MikeM said:

Nah it's not a general thing, but Evans for some reason has always rubbed me up the wrong way.

 I heard last night he was stripped of the captaincy. The chairman has been sacked but Evans stays - dystopia.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this