Smalling

Jones 

Young

Darmian 

Lindlof 

Valencia

Carrick

Mata

So if you had it your way, you'd sell 90% of our defense. That'll leave is in a great spot surely. Yeah i think a solid defense of Rojo will do us fine seeing as Bailly is injured for 70% of the season.

Carrick is retiring also - so he's redundant to your list. Mata just signed another contract and will be here next year. Lindelof was signed for 30 million this summer so no chance of that happening, and he's played well ever since he got over the mistakes.

Smalling, Darmian, and maybe Young are the only ones that could leave.

A new player to compete with Valencia, someone to replace Carrick and a right winger is what we'll be looking at in the summer.

Edited by rezzy

True..but they are all near or pass their sell by date..Lindlof was a useless signing. I'm sure we have better than this in our academy ..Matas  contract is useless as well..he too has done his bit..he has no more too offer..Blind has been pushed out for no reason..at least he grafted. .and is a useful squad player,you can argue that most of the players I've mentioned,are only squad players at best..not 1st teamers by a long shot.

Edited by butler

Sell:

Blind, Herrera, Smalling, Darmian, Johnstone, Andreas

Retire:

Carrick

Release:

Ibrahimović, Fellaini, Young

Signings:

2x CMs, RW, CB, LB (in order of importance)

34 minutes ago, O said:

Sell:

Retire:

Carrick

Release:

Signings:

Fairly sure Sam Johnstone is out of contract soon. Rumours are persisting that Ander is eyeing an exit - I'd keep Andreas though. 

I am definitely considering the possibility we might be looking for a new boss in the summer one way or the other, as well.

14 minutes ago, MikeM said:

Fairly sure Sam Johnstone is out of contract soon. Rumours are persisting that Ander is eyeing an exit - I'd keep Andreas though. 

I am definitely considering the possibility we might be looking for a new boss in the summer one way or the other, as well.

Johnstone will renew so that we get a fee.

I like Pereira, but I think he will push for a permanent move.

Herrera will be 29 next season. Not a bad time to cash in on him.

Mourinho will be retained. Woodward gave him the extension without waiting to see what how the season pans out. Mourinho flirted with PSG, and Woodard panicked. Good tactics from José’s camp.

58 minutes ago, O said:

Sell:

Retire:

Carrick

Release:

Signings:

I would generally agree with this list.

We've got Tuanzebe and TFM for CB and RB next season when they return from their loans. So i'd also agree CM and RW are priority.

Can Griezmann play on the right side of a front 3?

6 minutes ago, rezzy said:

We've got Tuanzebe and TFM for CB and RB next season when they return from their loans. So i'd also agree CM and RW are priority.

He could but don’t think he would like that.

Griezmann isn’t what we need. We don’t need more cowardly Frenchmen. He’s a very good player, but a bit of a luxury.

Leon Bailey, Gelson Martins and Pulisic are players we should be looking at. I’d like to see Chong fast-tracked to the first team, though. He’s exactly what we need in attack. Fast, direct and a goal threat.  

5 minutes ago, O said:

Griezmann isn’t what we need. We don’t need more cowardly Frenchmen. He’s a very good player, but a bit of a luxury.

Leon Bailey, Gelson Martins and Pulisic are players we should be looking at. I’d like to see Chong fast-tracked to the first team, though. He’s exactly what we need in attack. Fast, direct and a goal threat.  

We should avoid players who CAN play and get players who have consistently played in the positions that we need to fill in. Too many players with no fixed positions already.

20 minutes ago, O said:

Chongs hair is ridiculous. Fellaini's hair looks tame compared to Tadith's.

29 minutes ago, O said:

I’d like to see Chong fast-tracked to the first team, though. He’s exactly what we need in attack. Fast, direct and a goal threat.  

So would I, but we have to make sure he's given the time to find his feet.

Honestly, I'd clear out Darmian, Fellaini, Mata, Pogba, Lukaku, Zlatan and Mourinho. And I possibly wouldn't sign anyone, bring everyone back from loan - put the responsibility on the players we have and I think they'd rise to it. Maybe get in a centre back, and Ronaldo, and Keano and Seamus Coleman.

Smalling has to go,sell him to arsenal for 30m😀

Fellaini and blind also need to go.

carrick is retiring is he not?for sure his last season with us.

i would like to see the back of Herrera  aswell,nothing against him.

Carrick is transitioning to the coaching staff. Smalling absolutely HAS to go, even at a huge loss. There's something off with Ander, but if he's genuinely committed, then I'd keep him in the hope that he recaptures his form, because he could be a real driving force in our midfield.

10 minutes ago, gav81 said:

Honestly, I'd clear out Darmian, Fellaini, Mata, Pogba, Lukaku, Zlatan and Mourinho. And I possibly wouldn't sign anyone, bring everyone back from loan - put the responsibility on the players we have and I think they'd rise to it. Maybe get in a centre back, and Ronaldo, and Keano and Seamus Coleman.

giphy.gif

They want FellainI and Blind gone...but the rest they will put with..give me a break..some hypocritical shit going on..so many on the fence it's unbelievable ,the fence is where José  is..hes been sitting on it from day one...José Noballs

2 hours ago, rezzy said:

How can you agree with Os 10 outgoing compared too my 8..what a plonker..

Edited by butler

Ferguson era: Carrick Smalling Jones Young. They've all hung around too long and every year we make the same rickety ass excuses for them...Although Young may warrant a pass.

Moyes: Fellaini the rest Van Gaal shipped out already together with Ferguson's squad lolz

Van Gaal: Darmian, Herrera 

Mourinho: Ibrahimovic, Lukaku (for shits and giggles)

13 hours ago, butler said:

They want FellainI and Blind gone...but the rest they will put with..give me a break..some hypocritical shit going on..so many on the fence it's unbelievable ,the fence is where José  is..hes been sitting on it from day one...José Noballs

How can you agree with Os 10 outgoing compared too my 8..what a plonker..

Because you had Mata, Valencia, Lindelof and Jones.

We dont have any other RB, Jones is our best CB on his day, Mata has just signed another year and we only just signed Lindelof.

There's no way we'll get rid of that many players unless we go berserk and sign 8 new players which has never happened before. Besides ibra and carrick, felleini looks likely to go which leaves us short in midfield. Herrera isn't covering himself in glory so he's in that category of player who leaves if we have a decent offer and someone else lined up. Mata will stay at least for next season.

Defensively I'm sure we'll look to strengthen given the fitness issues and the need to add further quality. Lindelof will stay. He's still developing.Jones is worth keeping short term. Smalling and darmian could be offloaded.There are still question marks of whether jose believes in the youngsters like tuanzebe to make the step up so no point assuming that they are certs as squad players next season. Hopefully that will be the case to lessen the burden on transfers.

2 hours ago, parksey said:

Smalling and Butler have to go.

More else what I've been saying the last 2 seasons is bareing fruit...my friend..

21 hours ago, rezzy said:

So if you had it your way, you'd sell 90% of our defense. That'll leave is in a great spot surely. Yeah i think a solid defense of Rojo will do us fine seeing as Bailly is injured for 70% of the season.

Carrick is retiring also - so he's redundant to your list. Mata just signed another contract and will be here next year. Lindelof was signed for 30 million this summer so no chance of that happening, and he's played well ever since he got over the mistakes.

Smalling, Darmian, and maybe Young are the only ones that could leave.

A new player to compete with Valencia, someone to replace Carrick and a right winger is what we'll be looking at in the summer.

If I seriously had my way..then there would be a bigger clear out.