O

FAC - 5th Round - Huddersfield vs Man Utd

It was pretty obvious we'd be under the cosh as soon as you saw the team tbh, especially when you have a midfield three of defensive players with no energy or pace between them. We're lucky that they have so little quality or we'd have definitely been up against it.

At least we're through, and a good performance from Lukaku was definitely a positive.

I was impressed by the goals, particularly the assists, both were very good passes. I enjoyed watching the striker make the run in behind and a midfielder finding that run and executing the final pass. This is something we have not been particularly great at - far too inconsistent whether its lack of movement, lack of end product, lack of execution or combination thereof. 

45 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

Why are people moaning about VAR? He was offside.

Yeah but it was such a stupid process, we thought we'd scored - and then five minutes later FIVE MINUTES it gets chalked off - as for the standard of the pictures and the wavy lines, it was a total balls up.

Not only did FA Cup weekend interupt the league action, we didn't even have the decency to put in a performance worth watching. It says something when a VAR decision that made no difference to the outcome of the game is the main talking point.

We are a big club with top players but the tactics were like we were underdogs up against Barcelona at the Nou Camp. We were comprehensively out possessed, out passed and out shot by Huddersfield. Classic Jose - defend, smash and grab. Yeah we won, we're in the next round, but I'm a bit fed up with the persistently negative performances to be honest. I'm longing for the days when, aside from the result, United would provide some entertainment and never fail to lift me for those 90 minutes.