FAC - 5th Round - Huddersfield vs Man Utd

Lukaku

Alexis-------------Mata

Pogba---------Carrick----McTominay

Shaw----------------Rojo-------Jones-----------Lindelöf

Romero

Subs: Pereira, Smalling, Young, Gomes, Lingard, Martial, Rashford

He's going too go for this ...

Too hither with thee O José. .go forth and winneth this cup ye here,and finisheth higher than 5thest,and thou ,theneth would have honoured thine contractual duties,bestowed upon thee,O luckiest Oneth,for lucky thou art,for whom would have employed thee,after thine dramas committed  at the saideth place they calleth chelski 

11 minutes ago, butler said:

He's going too go for this ...

Too hither with thee O José. .go forth and winneth this cup ye here,and finisheth higher than 5thest,and thou ,theneth would have honoured thine contractual duties,bestowed upon thee,O luckiest Oneth,for lucky thou art,for whom would have employed thee,after thine dramas committed  at the saideth place they calleth chelski 

We have Sevilla away on Wednesday.

The worrying thing against Newcastle; that was as close to our strongest team, bar Bailly and possibly Shaw. We just need some old fashioned balance to the side. Lefts on the left and rights on the right. Try and get at least a couple of crosses in like the Mata-Lukaku combination v Stoke.  This will never happen but I'd play this:

De Gea

Valencia Jones Rojo Shaw

Pogba McTominay Mata

Martial Sanchez Lukaku

17 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

Must win. Might be our only chance of a pot this year.

That's tragic in itself, the Cup isn't what it once was. It's worth noting that it didn't save LVG either - he has to deliver a top four finish minimum. Hell I'd give some fringe players a chance in this, they're going to kick lumps out of Alexis again, and we simply cannot afford him to miss Seville. It's time to put a marker down to the "first team" boys and let them know that (hopefully) there are others behind them willing to put a bloody shift in.

------------------------------------------Romero------------------------------------------------

Lindeloff------------------Tuanezbe---------Jones------------------------------Shaw

------------------------------------------Carrick--------------------------------------------------

----------------Herrera----------------------------------McTominay-----------------------

Lingard----------------------------Rashford-------------------------------------Martial

LVG was a goner cup or no cup. Woodward had already negotiated Jose's contract long before the final. Pity about the way the cup has been devalued. Scum ABUs blame us but we went to Brazil at the behest of the greedy bastards at the FA who wanted the 2006 World Cup. It's still my favourite competition though and one I want us to win, unlike its shitty counterpart, the LC.

10 hours ago, Danny boy said:

4-3-3 and don't bottle it! 

Nah, a back three is more effective, it allows for protection at the back, takes the load off Nemanja and would allow Shaw and Valencia to bomb forward. I think it would also unshackle Pogba to a great extent too.

On 11/02/2018 at 23:01, O said:

Lukaku

Alexis-------------Mata

Pogba---------Carrick----McTominay

Shaw----------------Rojo-------Jones-----------Lindelöf

Romero

Subs: Pereira, Smalling, Young, Gomes, Lingard, Martial, Rashford

you seem to have more than 2 players in midfield there, some sort of mistake???? 

--------------------------------- Romero ---------------------------------

Valencia ----------- Lindelof ------- Rojo --------------- Shaw

--------------------- McTominay -------------- Carrick -----------------

---- Mata --------------------- Sanchez -------------------- Martial------

-------------------------------- Lukaku --------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, venusplanet said:

--------------------------------- Romero ---------------------------------

Valencia ----------- Lindelof ------- Rojo --------------- Shaw

--------------------- McTominay -------------- Carrick -----------------

---- Mata --------------------- Sanchez -------------------- Martial------

-------------------------------- Lukaku --------------------------------------------------

Pretty much this actually. Mou to stick with the 4-2-3-1 and maybe even play Pogba in a midfield 2.

16 hours ago, MikeM said:

------------------------------------------Romero------------------------------------------------

Lindeloff------------------Tuanezbe---------Jones------------------------------Shaw

------------------------------------------Carrick--------------------------------------------------

----------------Herrera----------------------------------McTominay-----------------------

Lingard----------------------------Rashford-------------------------------------Martial

I take it we've recalled him then?

How long does it take to get from Central Birmingham to Huddersfield? 

😜

4 minutes ago, rezzy said:

Well after this week Smalling is in the bin with Mou, so expect Carrick at CB.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Smalling lead the side out on Saturday.

I bet he's angrier at Pogba than he is at Mike.

3 minutes ago, O said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Smalling lead the side out on Saturday.

I bet he's angrier at Pogba than he is at Mike.

He definitely is, but i've laid 50% of the blame around that on Mourinho himself.

He's stubborn to what Pogba needs to perform, and Pogba's stubborn to change.