Sign in to follow this  
venusplanet

Summer - 2018 Transfer Targets

PD: Theo Hernandez is another one that is widely claimed was signed by Madrid to avoid Barcelona getting them when they were interested. Even Cerezo (Atletico's president) let everyone understand something along those lines in a press conference. 

PD2: The only problem with Theo is that he's a complete idiot and not even a shadow of his brother. Who is the guy we should be signing because he'll be the best CB in the planet soon. 

1 hour ago, Txrt said:

I agree with the first paragraph, if he was down to me he would play every match from here until he turned 50 in every club I manage. He's one of the top 5 players in the world when in form for me, there's no doubt about that. 

I did shit on Ozil, I think he's way too inconsistent, and I just hate the lazyness and the lack of attitude when matches aren't going his way. His quality is undeniable, but I don't think signing Ozil at this age would be good for us, and specially I do think more than one would find themselves more than desperate to have him in the team. However, I doubt I really ever said that about James. I have always been a huge James fan myself, I may have said the 85M price tag was too high back in the day, but I've always been a huge supporter of him while in Madrid, in fact I'm using the "I was wrong about James" card every time with my friends, because I was the only one that had faith on him. Again, I might have said that it's not what we needed most, as I'm saying with Isco (that doesn't mean I don't rate them). To make it clear, I think Isco is better than James too. I think he's the best of the best in his position. 

I like Kovacic a lot, I actually love the guy. I think he's more likely to stay than Ceballos. These foreigners they sign for whom they pay a good amount usually are not sold like the Spaniards Florentino buys for the sake of saying he signs Spaniards. Kovacic is also higher in the pecking order than Ceballos is. But yeah, if Isco was to be sold, I would certainly be all for signing them, AS LONG AS, that doesn't make us forget what we really need. And I didn't mean that they are both Barça "fans" and would suit Barcelona in the sense of them selling to Barcelona. More like in the sense of there being a lot of talk about Ceballos and Isco being signed by Madrid just to not allow Barcelona to have them (and by this trying to explain why I think Isco and Ceballos would both be available). 

Marcos Llorente is another one of those. Him and Ceballos are not even in match day squads anymore, it really is a critic situation for both inside the club. If this continues, and (here comes the big if), IF Zidane continues to be in charge of the team next summer, then there will be options to sign both of them, definitely. Specially as you say because they'll have to fund for their upcoming signings etc. However, I very much doubt Zidane is going to stay there past June, which is bad news for us if we want to sign any of their midfielders. 

Ozil has always been unfairly ridiculed. It will probably happen some more now that the liability that is Ramsey is back in the side, a guy who makes Pogba look like Makelele. Messi aside, Ozil’s movement and creativity are as good as any #10 in the world – That’s what he’s there for, not chasing back wingers. It’s Arsenal’s system and the retarded media than hung him out to dry – he’s always been world class and has proven as much in the last 3 months. 

Maybe it was that cunt @O although I was sure I remember you saying he’d be more of the same in the sense of a big name signing  – Which is kind of ridiculous. He’s got all the creativity we lack and is as comfortable on the wing as he is through the middle. Everything that Mata should be – World class. Ridiculous that we didn’t go in for him when he was so obviously available. A mistake at the level of Arjen Robben, David Silva, Alexis Sanchez who we all could have signed when they went elsewhere. A fuck up. 

Kovacic really needs to start playing. He’s 23 now and it’s getting ridiculous that he’s becoming a career backup. Ceballos is a few years younger at least but I agree a lot depends on the new management. If Kroos and Modric stay then there’s pretty much no place for him regardless of what happens the others – He’s got amazing potential but risks stagnating if he stays in Madrid. Should probably have stayed at Inter to be honest, fucking Mancini. LOL.

5 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Ozil has always been unfairly ridiculed. It will probably happen some more now that the liability that is Ramsey is back in the side, a guy who makes Pogba look like Makelele. Messi aside, Ozil’s movement and creativity are as good as any #10 in the world – That’s what he’s there for, not chasing back wingers. It’s Arsenal’s system and the retarded media than hung him out to dry – he’s always been world class and has proven as much in the last 3 months. 

Maybe it was that cunt @O although I was sure I remember you saying he’d be more of the same in the sense of a big name signing  – Which is kind of ridiculous. He’s got all the creativity we lack and is as comfortable on the wing as he is through the middle. Everything that Mata should be – World class. Ridiculous that we didn’t go in for him when he was so obviously available. A mistake at the level of Arjen Robben, David Silva, Alexis Sanchez who we all could have signed when they went elsewhere. A fuck up. 

Kovacic really needs to start playing. He’s 23 now and it’s getting ridiculous that he’s becoming a career backup. Ceballos is a few years younger at least but I agree a lot depends on the new management. If Kroos and Modric stay then there’s pretty much no place for him regardless of what happens the others – He’s got amazing potential but risks stagnating if he stays in Madrid. Should probably have stayed at Inter to be honest, fucking Mancini. LOL.

Hahahaha. Poor Ramsey, fresh off a hat trick and still getting ridiculed. I don't mean to ridicule Ozil; I have no problem in admitting his talent, but he is so cold, in the way Benzema is. Seems not moved, for the good or the bad, by anything that goes around, Mourinho almost had to beat the shit out of him when he was at Madrid because of the lack of nerve he has. When things are going his way, he is great, but when they tend to get difficult he isn't as good. I remember one Madrid-Barca where he shone, it was in the Bernabeu the day he hit one to the bar from his house in Germany more or less. But the rest of the time he wasn't that good. And those types of more heated and contested matches aren't for him, I think. 

Maybe it was me, I remember the 85M figure mentioned, and I probably mentioned that it was astronomical. And probably said that we needed something else before signing another attacking midfielder. However, if you tell me that Madrid were going to get rid off him in the worst deal in the history of football, then I'd definitely change my opinion, even if we had Silva, Messi and Isco already on the team. I mean they are paying €4M for the first year of the loan, €5M for the second. If they want to sign him after, they will for €35M. It's ridiculous how awful that operation is for Madrid. They get to try a world class player for 9M, if he works out fine, they sign him for a total of 45; if it doesn't work out well, they have paid 9M. Only that operation should be worth sacking Florentino. 

He does. I honestly thought he would play much more this year, specially after how well that bench played last year in the matches they played together. And to be fair, he started playing regularly at the start, the injury killed him, though, and since he's been back, in the middle of a crisis, he hasn't played. The crisis and the fact that he gets the gift of manmarking Messi just after an injury, after what basically he hasn't played. All these young players that go to Madrid should have stayed in their previous clubs, Kovacic is a case, Ceballos is an even more obvious one. He would have been called to the National Team if he stayed at Betis, specially with a manager like Setien and with the signings they've made. They are actually crying for a guy like Ceballos to play with Javi Garcia and Guardado in that team. Same with Marcos Llorente, who should have gone on loan again, same with Theo, who should have never signed for Madrid, same with Vallejo (he's absolutely horrible). 

The thing is that I don't think Madrid are going to knock PSG out. Maybe they do, but even then, if they go through the next round will be as difficult, and I don't think anything but winning is enough for Zidane to stay. Then comes another problem, who are they going to sign when Zidane leaves. I have absolutely no idea, and who is and isn't available will depend on the appointment or continuity of Zidane.

@TFIA Zidane came out today to say that he loves Isco and that he wants Isco to stay at Madrid all life. 

Once I start using my imagination and debating how good an hypothetical signing would be and this bald fucker comes to deny everything the next fucking day. Hope PSG score 7 in Madrid.

On 2/3/2018 at 10:17, MikeM said:

Arturo Vidal said to be top of the list. I wonder if Kevin Strootman will be on there?

Are we recycling those two names again? We need someone in CM but there must be better options.

4 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

Are we recycling those two names again? We need someone in CM but there must be better options.

Well it's who we can get.

2 hours ago, MikeM said:

Well it's who we can get.

Defenders too. Bailly, Lindelof, and Rojo should be picked ahead of Smalling and Jones and we need to ease out Young and Tony V. Fosu-Mensah at RB and Shaw at LB and maybe Lukaku will start scoring. As for CM, I don't know. But things can't stay the same. Maybe McTominay can do a job there.

Anyone else, think same.

United have been panic buying,or so it seems..I think United have created quite a few multi millionaires, post Fergie.

United have been led up a garden path..post Fergie,United look exposed,in all departments, and in the buying department, United are vulnerable.

Our scouting is dire,our training staff is non existent, moral is zero,improvement is sideways, then backwards,the drive in player's, is lacking,the need to work hard is void.

All the signings, in hindsight were all desperate,just to keep the fans happy, we now have a load of square pegs and round holes,the team lacks fluidity ,lack ball holding skills,lack the mentality to open up defences,they are completely void of thinking for themselves, during a game,they don't have clue,when selecting the right pass,or the tenacity to turn, and hold up play,they don't  take the responsibility to cover each others back,should a one stray away for a purpose. .

Believe me,the football is worse than Moyes and Van Gaals put together.

The only thing masking it ,is that fake 2nd position and being in Ucl via the backdoor.

Edited by butler