Sign in to follow this  
venusplanet

Summer - 2018 Transfer Targets

Jan - 2018 saw a key signing in form of Sanchez. Our new #7 which was kind of reserved or preserved for Greizemann a transfer which was waiting to happen but never did. 

Moving on to Summer transfer window which will be the third one for Jose to kind off complete the squad overhaul and post which he will not longer have the excuse of being in the transition mode or repair mode. Lets see who could be the targets to fill the key holes in the squad and who are the ones to leave. 

DL shaw, young, {blind, rojo)

DR darmian, tuanzebe, new signing, Valencia

CD Jones, bailly, lindelof {blind), Rojo

DM Matic, new signing

CM pogba, herrera, mctominay, new signing

AM Sanchez, Mata

RF lingard, (mata)

Lf Martial,  (rashford) gomes

Cf lukaku, rashford, new signing

Leaving....carrick, zlatan, smalling?? Fellaini....

Maybe sell....herrera, darmian

Can't see mourinho making more than 4 purchases and selling too many but the squad has the potential tomake a serious title challenge provided we are wise in the transfer market. The weak links are slowly being turfed out.

If Jose doesn't rate Herrera, a quality midfielder to play in the midfield of three if a must. We may need a back up midfielder as well since Matic cannot play every game.

I think Fabinho would be a good option since he can be a back up option for right back position as well. Not sure how he is doing this season though.

15 hours ago, John Locke said:

DL shaw, young, {blind, rojo)

DR darmian, tuanzebe, new signing, Valencia

CD Jones, bailly, lindelof {blind), Rojo

DM Matic, new signing

CM pogba, herrera, mctominay, new signing

AM Sanchez, Mata

RF lingard, (mata)

Lf Martial,  (rashford) gomes

Cf lukaku, rashford, new signing

Leaving....carrick, zlatan, smalling?? Fellaini....

Maybe sell....herrera, darmian

Can't see mourinho making more than 4 purchases and selling too many but the squad has the potential tomake a serious title challenge provided we are wise in the transfer market. The weak links are slowly being turfed out.

DR will not require new signing - TFM will be backup to Valencia

AM will have Periera too in the mix. Surely he should be as good as Mata if not better, just that Mata only is more experienced

I don't think it's muppetry to discuss what we need (clearly a defensive midfielder to share the work with Matic and to allow Pogba to play with more freedom - and also one, if not two centre halves)

7 hours ago, MikeM said:

I don't think it's muppetry to discuss what we need (clearly a defensive midfielder to share the work with Matic and to allow Pogba to play with more freedom - and also one, if not two centre halves)

Of course. But this is :

On 03/02/2018 at 14:34, THE BASTARD said:

I can see a few bailing out of Chelsea.   Bin off Mata and Herrera. Get Willian and Kante.

Looking at at least two midfielders one DM and one AM. 

Like the idea of Vidal even if he is 30+ .... we are lacking that experience in the squad across the pitch. Look at whom we have as the experienced players that the squad can look up to... Valencia, Young, Carrick (who will be gone next season). 

Kovacic and Savic are liked ..... have no clue of their abilities and how they will fit into the squad. If Herrera was performing as expected we could have been in a better position with our midfield options. 

Expect a similar type of summer again in terms of strategy. It's not been perfect but it's been okay - Other than Mkhitaryan and maybe Lindelof we've got pretty much what you'd expect. So I expect 4/5 signings of around similar fee (£40m-60m) with the weakest areas being a priority. 

I think Sessegnon is a certain target and a guy who can play multiple roles. Mourinho would love him. It will either be him or Sandro as I don't think Mourinho fully trusts Shaw and Young cannot be more than a squad player.

In:
Sessegnon - £30-40m
Kovacic - £40m
Milinkovic-Savic - £55-65m
Gimenez - £35-40m

Out:
Blind - £10m
Romero - £10m
Carrick (retiring)
Fellaini - Free
Smalling - £20m
Darmian - £10m
Ibra - Free

Final squad of:

De Gea/Pereira

Valencia/Fosuh-Mensah Bailly/Lindelof Gimenez/Jones Shaw/Sessegnon

Sergej/McTominay Matic/Herrera Pogba/Kovacic

Sanchez/Mata Lukaku/Rasford Martial/Lingard

Still have Rojo, Young and Tuanzebe in reserve assuming they're still around. I can see Gomes getting games too.

Is a powerful squad with depth and variety with a lot of the deadwood gone. I think we'll see more variation with the formations and line-ups - We simply can't have Matic and Lukaku playing every game next season. Kovacic and Sergej could themselves form a great midfield and would be great signings. Kovacic can fill in any of those midfield roles as a squad player and could end up taking Matic's position if he can mature in that role. I think people are concerned SMS and Pogba are too similar but in a midfield three I think can compensate for each other - Totally different than playing with a #10 as they can time their runs forward depending on the other.

I could see Sessegnon being an incredible wing back - if our attackers are out of form he would also be an option on the wing. Outstanding prospect - Maybe the best in the country. Can't see us letting him slip off to Chelsea or Spurs unless the plan is to get Sandro and essentially replace Shaw.

This is also pretty dependent on our attacking play improving from now to the end of the season. A lot of those attackers and I'd include Pogba from midfield really need to start producing if we're to be as reliant on them again. Sanchez should see us improve significantly - The question is whether or not it's adequate. The group still lags behind City's.

2 hours ago, TFIA said:

Expect a similar type of summer again in terms of strategy. It's not been perfect but it's been okay - Other than Mkhitaryan and maybe Lindelof we've got pretty much what you'd expect. So I expect 4/5 signings of around similar fee (£40m-60m) with the weakest areas being a priority. 

I think Sessegnon is a certain target and a guy who can play multiple roles. Mourinho would love him. It will either be him or Sandro as I don't think Mourinho fully trusts Shaw and Young cannot be more than a squad player.

In:
Sessegnon - £30-40m
Kovacic - £40m
Milinkovic-Savic - £55-65m
Gimenez - £35-40m

Out:
Blind - £10m
Romero - £10m
Carrick (retiring)
Fellaini - Free
Smalling - £20m
Darmian - £10m
Ibra - Free

Final squad of:

De Gea/Pereira

Valencia/Fosuh-Mensah Bailly/Lindelof Gimenez/Jones Shaw/Sessegnon

Sergej/McTominay Matic/Herrera Pogba/Kovacic

Sanchez/Mata Lukaku/Rasford Martial/Lingard

Still have Rojo, Young and Tuanzebe in reserve assuming they're still around. I can see Gomes getting games too.

Is a powerful squad with depth and variety with a lot of the deadwood gone. I think we'll see more variation with the formations and line-ups - We simply can't have Matic and Lukaku playing every game next season. Kovacic and Sergej could themselves form a great midfield and would be great signings. Kovacic can fill in any of those midfield roles as a squad player and could end up taking Matic's position if he can mature in that role. I think people are concerned SMS and Pogba are too similar but in a midfield three I think can compensate for each other - Totally different than playing with a #10 as they can time their runs forward depending on the other.

I could see Sessegnon being an incredible wing back - if our attackers are out of form he would also be an option on the wing. Outstanding prospect - Maybe the best in the country. Can't see us letting him slip off to Chelsea or Spurs unless the plan is to get Sandro and essentially replace Shaw.

This is also pretty dependent on our attacking play improving from now to the end of the season. A lot of those attackers and I'd include Pogba from midfield really need to start producing if we're to be as reliant on them again. Sanchez should see us improve significantly - The question is whether or not it's adequate. The group still lags behind City's.

Not a million miles off what I’ve done on FIFA career mode this season. 

However, can’t see us making that many signings during a World Cup summer.

16 minutes ago, Txrt said:

Not anyone of the signings mentioned would make us be closer to winning the CL than we are now. 

We’ll worry about winning a league title before we conquer Europe again.

32 minutes ago, Txrt said:

Not anyone of the signings mentioned would make us be closer to winning the CL than we are now. 

You were balls deep in Kovacic last season you slut.

We’re not getting Thiago, Messi and Lewandoski bro. We can only get what’s out there. 

Still can see us ending up with Bale.

It's a short window in the summer too, signings have to be done by August 9th at 5 PM. Bear in mind it's also a World Cup summer as well - I reckon we'll try and get bits done before the tournament starts. In terms of numbers, I'm thinking two, maybe three.

Stefan de Vrij --- is he good enough to be that one CB signing this summer. Surely who ever it is will be better than Smalling. But still we need someone who will be an able foil to bank on. If both fit Bailey and Jones are still the first choice pairing.

Edited by venusplanet

Just now, TFIA said:

Apparently Madrid are happy to sell Isco in the summer.

You heard about this @Txrt?

Would be exciting to hear if he wasn’t nailed on to go to City.

I haven't, but it wouldn't surprise me. If they go out of the CL against PSG there are going to be a lot of changes. Florentino is going to spend 2.000 million Euros if needed; everything for not leaving the presidency.

Isco hasn't been playing well lately, but we all know how good he is. I don't think he'd be the first name out, but if they have a bigger name available, they would even sell their mothers. 

I would want him here, obviously. But you just know at this point that if he ever came here we would play him on the wing, complain that he's too small and weak and has no pace and make no use of him.

35 minutes ago, Txrt said:

I would want him here, obviously. But you just know at this point that if he ever came here we would play him on the wing, complain that he's too small and weak and has no pace and make no use of him.

You’re at it. Don’t be that guy.

3 minutes ago, TFIA said:

You’re at it. Don’t be that guy.

Hahahah. It's higlhy unlikely that he comes here, though. Here as in to England. For various reasons, first of all I don't think this is the best football for him, second of all he fits this type of Roque Mesa, Sandro, Nolito, etc profile of player that would struggle with the weather, the language, the lifestyle. Third, he's been waiting for his opportunity at Madrid for a pretty long time, even now he's not a 100% starter, and in the summer there will certainly be players ahead of him in the going out queue. 

The question then is, where would we play him? A 4-2-3-1 plays out well for him, but in a wing with Pogba through the middle? We have a lot of talent in that area, more than enough I think; but we can't make them shine enough. I think the priority should be in first playing Pogba further up and quitting this idiotic him in a double pivot experiment. For that we will surely go shopping in summer, seen as Mourinho doesn't have much faith in Ander, and that Ander doesn't have much faith in himself.

I'd try to sign Ceballos, for example. He hasn't played, he'll surely want to get minutes, he'd go cheap, and he could play deeper as well; he did it for Betis the last two years. He is young, he's still an u-21 member and around that age, he's extremely talented, he has shown leadership abilities, attitude to play in different roles and positions over his career when asked to. The risk is smaller as the fee would be much lower than the Isco one, there would be resale value (in Isco's as well, but maybe not as big depending on how large the fee is), and you have a genuine potential world class footballer at a good price. Learning English, settling in and getting used to it would be a problem with him as well, I think. Those Andalusian motherfuckers can't go with temperatures under 20 and without their lifestyle. 

As an interesting fact, it has been widely known that Isco was a Barcelona fan from pretty young. His dog is called Messi. He signed for Madrid because they offered more money and Barcelona's conditions to the signing weren't as good, and I'm sure he's happy there. Ceballos' case has been very different, he hated (hates) Madrid, but he had plenty to say about Barcelona too, and not good at all. Tweeiting all kinds of stuff, like a proper uneducated chav, he wanted to move to Barcelona apparently for half a year and was offered to them by his agent, but they didn't go ahead with the signing because of the things tweeted/posted and his attitude towards everything related to Catalonia in the past. You should read the tweets, it's hilarious to read them now, if you understand Spanish try "ceballos tweets" or anything. 

He asked for a bomb to be dropped to Catalans and Basques during the booing of the anthem in the cup. Called Piqué a retard and told him Shakira was an absolute bitch. Said "Off, you fucking son of a bitch dog" about Ronaldo when he was once sent off (now his teamate ahhaha). Wondered if the 14 year olds nowadays had boobs so big because they're full of all the milk they swallow after giving blowjobs. Said once that he would like to have Messi's autograph. Then said "we are going to finish the league off tonight in the Bernabeu" about Barcelona. It's a shame he's been forced to delete them all, and has now a bit of common sense. 

43 minutes ago, Txrt said:

Hahahah. It's higlhy unlikely that he comes here, though. Here as in to England. For various reasons, first of all I don't think this is the best football for him, second of all he fits this type of Roque Mesa, Sandro, Nolito, etc profile of player that would struggle with the weather, the language, the lifestyle. Third, he's been waiting for his opportunity at Madrid for a pretty long time, even now he's not a 100% starter, and in the summer there will certainly be players ahead of him in the going out queue. 

The question then is, where would we play him? A 4-2-3-1 plays out well for him, but in a wing with Pogba through the middle? We have a lot of talent in that area, more than enough I think; but we can't make them shine enough. I think the priority should be in first playing Pogba further up and quitting this idiotic him in a double pivot experiment. For that we will surely go shopping in summer, seen as Mourinho doesn't have much faith in Ander, and that Ander doesn't have much faith in himself.

I'd try to sign Ceballos, for example. He hasn't played, he'll surely want to get minutes, he'd go cheap, and he could play deeper as well; he did it for Betis the last two years. He is young, he's still an u-21 member and around that age, he's extremely talented, he has shown leadership abilities, attitude to play in different roles and positions over his career when asked to. The risk is smaller as the fee would be much lower than the Isco one, there would be resale value (in Isco's as well, but maybe not as big depending on how large the fee is), and you have a genuine potential world class footballer at a good price. Learning English, settling in and getting used to it would be a problem with him as well, I think. Those Andalusian motherfuckers can't go with temperatures under 20 and without their lifestyle. 

As an interesting fact, it has been widely known that Isco was a Barcelona fan from pretty young. His dog is called Messi. He signed for Madrid because they offered more money and Barcelona's conditions to the signing weren't as good, and I'm sure he's happy there. Ceballos' case has been very different, he hated (hates) Madrid, but he had plenty to say about Barcelona too, and not good at all. Tweeiting all kinds of stuff, like a proper uneducated chav, he wanted to move to Barcelona apparently for half a year and was offered to them by his agent, but they didn't go ahead with the signing because of the things tweeted/posted and his attitude towards everything related to Catalonia in the past. You should read the tweets, it's hilarious to read them now, if you understand Spanish try "ceballos tweets" or anything. 

He asked for a bomb to be dropped to Catalans and Basques during the booing of the anthem in the cup. Called Piqué a retard and told him Shakira was an absolute bitch. Said "Off, you fucking son of a bitch dog" about Ronaldo when he was once sent off (now his teamate ahhaha). Wondered if the 14 year olds nowadays had boobs so big because they're full of all the milk they swallow after giving blowjobs. Said once that he would like to have Messi's autograph. Then said "we are going to finish the league off tonight in the Bernabeu" about Barcelona. It's a shame he's been forced to delete them all, and has now a bit of common sense. 

If ordinary players like Juan Mata can play for this team then Isco would be walking into it. Lingard's form wont last either, nor will Mourinho for too much longer. He can play as a #10 in smaller games and out wide against bigger teams - If he was here he would play, he's too good not to. He's more than one level above the players you listed. It's AS who are reporting that Zidane is happy to sell him, for whatever that is worth.

I wanted Ozil obviously because he's better in every way. You shat on that idea and now he's playing as well as anyone in the league. I also wanted James but you shat on that idea too and now he's walking into a Bayern Munich side 10x better than ours and is one the best players in Europe again. Classic Iker. 

I agree the priority should be a midfielder - Hence KOVACIC but if a guy like Isco became available we'd be foolish not to look at him, especially as he's going to end up at City as the long term Silva replacement - You can write that down. They're not gonna sell him to Barcelona you lunatic. The only reason he could be an option for us is De Gea. Leverage.

Ceballos wont be sold - He's the long term plan. More likely to be loaned out if anything. There's about 6 midfielders from Madrid that I'd take. Llorente too. They'd all improve us significantly - Even Kroos or Modric could be available depending on their strategy. They'll also need to fund the move/s for Hazard, Icardi, Kane, Lewandowski - Whoever. They will be rebuilding and we have to see what's available. 

He could have a Man City tattoo on one arse cheek and a Liverpool one on the other - I'd still sign the talented little cunt.

2 minutes ago, TFIA said:

If ordinary players like Juan Mata can play for this team then Isco would be walking into it. Lingard's form wont last either, nor will Mourinho for too much longer. He can play as a #10 in smaller games and out wide against bigger teams - If he was here he would play, he's too good not to. He's more than one level above the players you listed. It's AS who are reporting that Zidane is happy to sell him, for whatever that is worth.

I wanted Ozil obviously because he's better in every way. You shat on that idea and now he's playing as well as anyone in the league. I also wanted James but you shat on that idea too and now he's walking into a Bayern Munich side 10x better than ours and is one the best players in Europe again. Classic Iker. 

I agree the priority should be a midfielder - Hence KOVACIC but if a guy like Isco became available we'd be foolish not to look at him, especially as he's going to end up at City as the long term Silva replacement - You can write that down. They're not gonna sell him to Barcelona you lunatic. The only reason he could be an option for us is De Gea. Leverage.

Ceballos wont be sold - He's the long term plan. More likely to be loaned out if anything. There's about 6 midfielders from Madrid that I'd take. Llorente too. They'd all improve us significantly - Even Kroos or Modric could be available depending on their strategy. They'll also need to fund the move/s for Hazard, Icardi, Kane, Lewandowski - Whoever. They will be rebuilding and we have to see what's available. 

He could have a Man City tattoo on one arse cheek and a Liverpool one on the other - I'd still sign the talented little cunt.

I agree with the first paragraph, if he was down to me he would play every match from here until he turned 50 in every club I manage. He's one of the top 5 players in the world when in form for me, there's no doubt about that. 

I did shit on Ozil, I think he's way too inconsistent, and I just hate the lazyness and the lack of attitude when matches aren't going his way. His quality is undeniable, but I don't think signing Ozil at this age would be good for us, and specially I do think more than one would find themselves more than desperate to have him in the team. However, I doubt I really ever said that about James. I have always been a huge James fan myself, I may have said the 85M price tag was too high back in the day, but I've always been a huge supporter of him while in Madrid, in fact I'm using the "I was wrong about James" card every time with my friends, because I was the only one that had faith on him. Again, I might have said that it's not what we needed most, as I'm saying with Isco (that doesn't mean I don't rate them). To make it clear, I think Isco is better than James too. I think he's the best of the best in his position. 

I like Kovacic a lot, I actually love the guy. I think he's more likely to stay than Ceballos. These foreigners they sign for whom they pay a good amount usually are not sold like the Spaniards Florentino buys for the sake of saying he signs Spaniards. Kovacic is also higher in the pecking order than Ceballos is. But yeah, if Isco was to be sold, I would certainly be all for signing them, AS LONG AS, that doesn't make us forget what we really need. And I didn't mean that they are both Barça "fans" and would suit Barcelona in the sense of them selling to Barcelona. More like in the sense of there being a lot of talk about Ceballos and Isco being signed by Madrid just to not allow Barcelona to have them (and by this trying to explain why I think Isco and Ceballos would both be available). 

Marcos Llorente is another one of those. Him and Ceballos are not even in match day squads anymore, it really is a critic situation for both inside the club. If this continues, and (here comes the big if), IF Zidane continues to be in charge of the team next summer, then there will be options to sign both of them, definitely. Specially as you say because they'll have to fund for their upcoming signings etc. However, I very much doubt Zidane is going to stay there past June, which is bad news for us if we want to sign any of their midfielders.