Sign in to follow this  
Kez

Ryan Giggs set to be named Wales boss.

10 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

Judged less of a cunt than Craig Bellamy. Well done. 

IDK if giggs will have him but I'd love him to be involved. He was so passionate on tv about it a few weeks ago and apparently interviewed superbly well, think he can offer a lot

Speaking to my Welsh mate he's not unhappy he's just a bit miffed as Giggs was always seen as a fair weather player for Wales. 

I suggested it was probably down to Fergie convincing him not to play as at that time Wales were a nothing nation in footballing terms, so not a lot to play for. 

But i guess now Giggs has a point to prove, not only to the fans like my mate but also to the owners of United for not taking a risk in him. 

Damning verdict from his dad - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/i-cant-bring-myself-use-11858732#ICID=nsm

However in pure footballing sense this looks like a good start as he will not be under pressure every week of the year if he were managing a club in some league. Hopefully he will learn his trade well. Lets see. Papers talking of him taking Scholes into his staff. Not sure how that will work though.

24 minutes ago, O said:

Saw this in 2014. One of the many reasons why I didn’t want Giggs as manager.

I mean i'll give him some due he's very green at this point and in fact still will be and learning to talk to big crowds of people is pretty damn hard. 

Although it doesn't bode well, but we'll see. 

It's a difficult job to take on for your first one. Despite their recent success, Coleman still overachieved with them so it'll be hard to live up to what he achieved.

I guess we'll see what he's made of now.

On 14/01/2018 at 22:52, ALF said:

Speaking to my Welsh mate he's not unhappy he's just a bit miffed as Giggs was always seen as a fair weather player for Wales. 

I suggested it was probably down to Fergie convincing him not to play as at that time Wales were a nothing nation in footballing terms, so not a lot to play for. 

But i guess now Giggs has a point to prove, not only to the fans like my mate but also to the owners of United for not taking a risk in him. 

I probably wouldn't be able to find it now, but I did read someone say "Wales have appointed Ryan Giggs as their manager. They're now looking for a manager to manage their friendly games" 😂

When is he taking charge? And where is the previous manager going?

It will be interesting to see, I think he's at risk if he doesn't start well, mostly because this is one of the best Wales squads ever and there will be pressure for results and not wasting the best squad in an experiment.

9 minutes ago, Txrt said:

When is he taking charge? And where is the previous manager going?

It will be interesting to see, I think he's at risk if he doesn't start well, mostly because this is one of the best Wales squads ever and there will be pressure for results and not wasting the best squad in an experiment.

They won 6-0 against China tonight, hence the post.

Chris Coleman has been managing Sunderland for a few months now. League One bound. Lol.

1 minute ago, O said:

They won 6-0 against China tonight, hence the post.

Chris Coleman has been managing Sunderland for a few months now. League One bound. Lol.

Fuck I'm lost. Cheers for the clarification.

I read about the 6-0. Bale hat trick right?

Wales are taking a gamble..but there again it's only small tiny Wales. .no one is really, going too expect too much off them...are they?

Shit just read. .they beat China for a 6..

New United Manager 2019-2020;-)

Edited by butler

Good start, but China were abysmal from the bits I did manage to see - be interesting to see how he does with tougher opposition - idk if the squad is good enough to qualify for another tournament, it's borderline, worried we're gonna stick with people like Ashley Williams who is clearly finished and it'll cost us...