MikeM

Life after Jose - What will be / Is the plan?

Recommended Posts

It would be nice to get off the Keane bandwagon .he was a great captain..but never in a million years can he cut it as a United manager. .this job is bigger than the Real job..you have to be in it too know that. .ask LVG. .ask Moyes..ask Jose. .although romantically it sounds good. .but just as Giggs or Beckham or Hughes ,are not suitable. .Neither is Keane. .he might make a good assistant. ..but thats it..

 

Edited by butler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How I wish we had a Keano firing up the players, driving them on from the sideline and waiting for them afterwards in the dressing room. If it were so, there's not a chance in hell we would have seen a performance lacking in energy, intensity and desire like today.

This is Keane's forte, motivating and driving players to give 110%. He did it with top players at United and had huge success - see post on the last page where many testify to his ability. He's still doing it now with Ireland...

“My job is to motivate players, to push people and try and get them to another level.”

~Roy Keane

"Whatever we have in our group, we do need energy, we need to close people down and get the ball back...”

~Roy Keane

“if the DNA is to show fight and heart and grit then that’s a nice DNA to have.”

~Roy Keane

“I think Roy’s comments were pretty much bang on. Obviously he’s not afraid to speak his mind and that’s the way it should be. You should be putting 110 per cent in every performance you give and even if you don’t have the best game you can at least say you put a shift in.”

~James McClean

"I accept it [Keane's comments], of course. Going into games I want to do my best.”

~Jeff Hendrick

“If you don't have a burning desire to play after talking to Roy Keane, you're probably best off giving up. It gave me an extra incentive to work hard and that's what I'll do.”

~Harry Arter

Anyone who has seen the heart and passion when Ireland play, despite a lack of talent, will know this is true - they'd run until they had to be carried off the pitch, and that's the Keane effect.

Imagine what the talent in the United squad, fired up, giving 110% and free of so much defensive responsibility could do.

Bring back the fire, bring back the passion, bring back the United DNA, bring back the Fergie way, bring back Keano!

Edited by gav81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to a no nonsense. .new manager soon..with no signings being made..play this lot ..and filter out the deadwood ..then slowly add from academy. .and bring in some also.

Definitely need to go back to basics. .to improve. ..mish mash signings have proven,that it's not the way for United.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PVAD said:

Do you realise that all the positive quotes on Keane were made while he had his hand around their throats!! 

😁 😁 😁 

Of course!

It's a hug for a good performance (like qualifying for the Euros)...

roy-keane-celebrates-3-390x285.jpg

And a death choke for a great performance (like beating Italy at the Euros)...

image.jpg

😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Vanrooney said:

I hope Ed is planning Poch in the background when Jose leaves. 

This would likely be our best move but there are deeper issues. Ed's obsession with the business side of things at the expense of our football is a problem. We'll need Poch to come in and be allowed to build a project over the long term.

Edited by St!mpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2018 at 07:33, St!mpy said:

This would likely be our best move but there are deeper issues. Ed's obsession with the business side of things at the expense of our football is a problem. We'll need Poch to come in and be allowed to build a project over the long term.

A six year contract should do it 😗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Chelsea matchday thread...

Quote

Prove what? You are the football fan equivalent of a Jehovah's Witness.

This is a fully grown man who couldn't get over the fact that the team he was managing wears blue. FFS.

The support for Keane is entirely evidence based and I set out the challenge on the last page - if you can't meet it then the case is proven.

Roy did say he didn't like blue but, if you read his book, that was one in a list of complaints about communication, staff and facilities at Ipswich, explaining why the chemistry wasn't there between him and the club. I think he almost tacked it on the end as a bit of tongue in cheek dry Irish humour, before in typical overblown fashion the media seized on it and made it a whole story of its own. He wouldn't have gone to Ipswich if he didn't like blue that fucking much 😂

I think it's a bit petty that fans would hold that throwaway line against him. You know, for all that he brought to United, "Oh Roy once said he doesn't like blue!!!"

Do be serious. Of course, United play in red anyway so it's even more of a non-issue 😄

PS I don't like blue either!

And...

909351.jpg

Can we get over it now? 😄

Edited by gav81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 07:33, St!mpy said:

This would likely be our best move but there are deeper issues. Ed's obsession with the business side of things at the expense of our football is a problem. We'll need Poch to come in and be allowed to build a project over the long term.

An  adroit suggestion with just two minor drawbacks;

1: We won't get him

2: He has to balance "the project" with being competitive, we cannot afford to be out of the UCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gav81 said:

Can we stop flogging the Poch horse please?

 

We..can't. .not until he goes to Real..until then there is hope. 

Don't worry I have other options to flog if need be..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MikeM said:

An  adroit suggestion with just two minor drawbacks;

1: We won't get him

2: He has to balance "the project" with being competitive, we cannot afford to be out of the UCL.

Yes, being out of UCL would be a travesty but why do you think getting Poch means being out of UCL? There's no substance to this.

However, I go agree, we won't get him. Not the way people speak of him at Spurs, he'll want to stay there and make something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, St!mpy said:

Yes, being out of UCL would be a travesty but why do you think getting Poch means being out of UCL? There's no substance to this.

However, I go agree, we won't get him. Not the way people speak of him at Spurs, he'll want to stay there and make something.

You mentioned a long term project. In the current environment, we have to be top level all the time to even make top four. Liverpool are a force again, Spurs could do something, Chelsea are improving and there's likely to be a revolution at Arsenal when Wenger goes. Add in City and that's five potential rivals for four places each season, with lost points set to become even more crucial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MikeM said:

You mentioned a long term project. In the current environment, we have to be top level all the time to even make top four. Liverpool are a force again, Spurs could do something, Chelsea are improving and there's likely to be a revolution at Arsenal when Wenger goes. Add in City and that's five potential rivals for four places each season, with lost points set to become even more crucial.

Of course but we'll still have this current squad to build upon. If it weren't for Europa we'd have missed out on UCL even under Mou. I think Poch is more than capable of keeping us in top four as he builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, St!mpy said:

Of course but we'll still have this current squad to build upon. If it weren't for Europa we'd have missed out on UCL even under Mou. I think Poch is more than capable of keeping us in top four as he builds.

Poch has managed to get Spurs to the CL, not only to the group stage but to the knock out round, and  they are close to knocking out the finalist from last year. He actually did that with a pretty low budget, well nothing compared to what Mourinho has spent so far. He improves players and plays a good balance of attacking and defensive football. He would improve the current squad on both sides of the pitch, especially he would get the best out of the young players like Martial, Rashford etc. It is quite idiotic to think he wouldn't make it top four with the current squad of players we have.

Edited by Vanrooney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in for Poch too but only concern will be this man management of big salary players with big egos. That's why first let him go to RM this summer and face all the music of managing a big club with big players. After that we can get him when his apprenticeship is over there. For good managers its always easy to improve a non performing club and take it to the top, the biggest challenge is always to take up the top club and try to maintain it or better it from that top position. Thats the struggle we are in right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, venusplanet said:

I am in for Poch too but only concern will be this man management of big salary players with big egos. That's why first let him go to RM this summer and face all the music of managing a big club with big players. After that we can get him when his apprenticeship is over there. For good managers its always easy to improve a non performing club and take it to the top, the biggest challenge is always to take up the top club and try to maintain it or better it from that top position. Thats the struggle we are in right now.  

We'll see less of this kind of player coming in. Which suits the club as it did under SAF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, St!mpy said:

We'll see less of this kind of player coming in. Which suits the club as it did under SAF. 

Doubt that will be the way forward. We have moved on from that model, while it will help to go back to SAF way of recruiting, the club will still need big names to maintain the brand image and please the sponsors. Being MANUTD is just not the footballing side but also has a business side which is taking more prominence in current age (which of course is bad).... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now