MrSwellman

Ander Herrera

Interesting he didn't start against West Ham. I think Jose recognises that he can get away with a 2 man midfield against teams who sit deep and he's not that needed. But no doubt, he will be the first name on the team sheet in the bigger/important games.

Goes to show just how great our depth is that we can now pick and choice players to best counter the opposition whilst I imagine the squad are quite happy to do so. All down to signing one DM. Crazy.

Also. He turned 28 two days ago. Turning into an old man now 😅

10 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

How often during the past few seasons have we been calling out for a DM signing? It goes back to Fergie's last season or so if I recall rightly.

Exactly. Well, to be fair, we did sign Schneiderlin, but then we completely underutilised him and gradually killed his confidence.

If what we have seen so far from Matic is a sign of his potential career here - then all those years would have been worth the wait.

But yeah. Herrera! I am very excited for when we see him, Matic and Pogba working in unison to kill a team!

Just now, Juanderful said:

Don't be giving me jip Iker! I didn't see you wishing him a happy birthday... 1f440.png

I might snitch on you to the Ander fan club ahah

Since last Friday I don't know when, where and why I even live anymore. He knows, he understands too. 

It's still early season and I have to say I'll be concerned if he doesn't start on Saturday. You'll probably see Mahrez in the shop window and Vardy seems to have finally got over the PL win hangover. We will need a bit more than Matic and still not ruin Pogba''s preferred role. 

We are playing well without him. We'd play even better with him.

Edited by DJSmith

22 hours ago, venusplanet said:

Maybe something to do with the injury he had in one of the preseason games... 

No, he just isn't our first or second choice midfielder, at the moment anyway - he might even be fourth choice with the Fro's influence of late. Plenty of time for him to get involved this season.

I am not pleased from the fact he didn't started  the season as majority of us expected too. Not sure ,but hope he will be involved later on when some of present regulars drop form . 

Fergie was second to none in planning and achieving a peak form of the team at mid of the season  and want to believe that somehow Ander is scheduled for a bit later actions .