Recommended Posts

For any and every criticism he'll receive from the pundits, they'll add "..this is a world champion we're talking about".

For example

"Pogba was poor today, invisible, United needed him to grab hold of the game.. this is a world champion we're talking about"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Will go down as the greatest midfielder of this era and one of the best of all time. Showed Modric up today.

Class act. We haven't done his talent justice.

Please stop with this agenda. You know he was awful for the majority of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, O said:

Please stop with this agenda. You know he was awful for the majority of the game.

Paul was doing so well attacking and defending that Kante got embarrassed for himself and requested to be subbed off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rezzy said:

Paul was doing so well attacking and defending that Kante got embarrassed for himself and requested to be subbed off.

Got carded early for an accidental trip.

His best trait is not getting booked at all. So that he can kick the opposition and harry for 90 mins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, O said:

Please stop with this agenda. You know he was awful for the majority of the game.

Pogba-esque performance, wasn't it? Did nothing, or worse than nothing, for most of the game but pops up with a great finish as well as a couple of Hollywood passes.

Still, they did enough, and being a World Cup winner will certainly help his image/celebrity status.

Edited by Jay007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jay007 said:

Pogba-esque performance, wasn't it? Did nothing, or worse than nothing, for most of the game but pops up with a great finish as well as a couple of Hollywood passes.

Still, they did enough, and being a World Cup winner will certainly help his image/celebrity status.

Well, do players ever do anything until they do something?

He was always available for a pass, defended well, tracked by constantly, played some worldie passes and scored a goal.

He messed up a few chances, but he was the only French player making these runs happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jay007 said:

Pogba-esque performance, wasn't it? Did nothing, or worse than nothing, for most of the game but pops up with a great finish as well as a couple of Hollywood passes.

Still, nobody will care since they won, and being a World Cup winner will certainly help his image/celebrity status.

Which is why he's so frustrating.

He can play genuine world class passes that only the likes of Messi, De Bruyne and Özil can see & pull off. 

He played two fantastic through balls to Mbappé today, amongst all of the dreadful things he also puled off.

Took his goal really well with his left foot.

Strange player. He's more like a winger who plays centrally. He's never going to do everything right for 90 mins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rezzy said:

Well, do players ever do anything until they do something?

He was always available for a pass, defended well, tracked by constantly, played some worldie passes and scored a goal.

He messed up a few chances, but he was the only French player making these runs happen.

 

I wasn't even trying to be overly critical of him particularly. He wasn't much different from the rest of the France team, who were strangely second best in terms of performance today even though they won, in that he spent a lot of the game under pressure but was efficient and effective on enough occasions. He was certainly a lot better in the second half than he was in the first imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Fred will allow Paul to play like he does for France. I am reading that Paul's agent has offered him to Barcelona however, so I wouldn't rule out a saga coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MikeM said:

Hopefully Fred will allow Paul to play like he does for France. I am reading that Paul's agent has offered him to Barcelona however, so I wouldn't rule out a saga coming.

We could make close to €200 million based on what they paid for Dembélé and Coutinho.

He'll stay at least one more season though. Then it's time to move on to a club that can compete if we're still not up to anything.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now