Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

Been saying this for ages. He just doesn't grab a game by the scruff of the neck and stamp his authority on it. Maybe it's coaching, because I do not think he is mentally weak; far from it. Can't be a confidence issue either. So why isn't he doing what he did for Juve?

Three games that spring to mind. Pretty sad when you think of it.

He didnt grab the  Leicester game ‘by the scruff of the neck’.

Pogba is fast becoming a cult of his own making. His followers dont seem too interested in his football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

Been saying this for ages. He just doesn't grab a game by the scruff of the neck and stamp his authority on it. Maybe it's coaching, because I do not think he is mentally weak; far from it. Can't be a confidence issue either. So why isn't he doing what he did for Juve?

Three games that spring to mind. Pretty sad when you think of it.

At Juve, he basically played with veterans who took a lot of the pressure off him.

Pirlo and Marchisio would control the midfield, and Vidal provided energy and running power. Pogba could sort of do what he wanted within reason. His shooting from distance was one of his biggest strengths. He can’t hit a barn door from 25 yards now.

Having said that, he stepped up massively for Juventus in his final season when Vidal, Pirlo and Tevez were no longer at the club. It was him and Dybala who were the driving force behind Juve’s 5th title win in a row.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stretford End Phil said:

He didnt grab the  Leicester game ‘by the scruff of the neck’.

Pogba is fast becoming a cult of his own making. His followers dont seem too interested in his football. 

https://streamable.com/o125

He actually did. I made this video at the time. 

Blocks, runs from deep, aerial prowess, crosses, through balls, and a goal.

Very good performance. Zlatan could have scored a goal or two from his deliviries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, O said:

Having said that, he stepped up massively for Juventus in his final season when Vidal, Pirlo and Tevez were no longer at the club. It was him and Dybala who were the driving force behind Juve’s 5th title win in a row.

I can't fathom why he isn't doing something similar for United. Something's wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, O said:

At Juve, he basically played with veterans who took a lot of the pressure off him.

Pirlo and Marchisio would control the midfield, and Vidal provided energy and running power. Pogba could sort of do what he wanted within reason. His shooting from distance was one of his biggest strengths. He can’t hit a barn door from 25 yards now.

Having said that, he stepped up massively for Juventus in his final season when Vidal, Pirlo and Tevez were no longer at the club. It was him and Dybala who were the driving force behind Juve’s 5th title win in a row.

 

Shite league mate

3 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

I can't fathom why he isn't doing something similar for United. Something's wrong.

79419.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Albert Quixall said:

I can't fathom why he isn't doing something similar for United. Something's wrong.

Less time on the ball in England. Juventus were much better than 90% of the teams in Serie A. Napoli have improved since he’s left. 

There’s not a lot beteeen United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs.

The bigger games are harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

I can't fathom why he isn't doing something similar for United. Something's wrong.

He's not being utilised in a way that best suits his style of play , I think he needs to be either in front of two sitting midfielders or on the left of a three man midfield.

He really doesn't have the defensive capabilities to play as a traditional box to box midfielder, he's much better on the front foot and driving forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Thekeanefella said:

He's not being utilised in a way that best suits his style of play , I think he needs to be either in front of two sitting midfielders or on the left of a three man midfield.

He really doesn't have the defensive capabilities to play as a traditional box to box midfielder, he's much better on the front foot and driving forward.

Mou knows better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, O said:

https://streamable.com/o125

He actually did. I made this video at the time. 

Blocks, runs from deep, aerial prowess, crosses, through balls, and a goal.

Very good performance. Zlatan could have scored a goal or two from his deliviries.

Thx. Pretty much the same highlighs in you tube. I would place De Bruyne ahead of Pogba, even on the strength of that game. 

De Bruyne has shown consistent higher level performances all this season, whereas Pogba has declined to the point of being an utter waste of player against Newcastle and Spurs.

The only saving grace for Pogba is that he’s not the only one who has disappeared - which raises the question, why so many this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just play the kid in a midfield 3. Marek Hamsik for example, you can't play him in a 2 man mid but he's really good as a third midfielder.

I am though open to the fact that it's still up to the player to perform and he's just been shit in that department.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stretford End Phil said:

 

Brief but interesting. 

Like someone mentioned here, his best position is the free position on the left between a traditional CM and AM. He is not the type of midfielder who can control games consistently. He was at his best when he played with other midfielders who would control games and he would just roam around, especially in the final third where he can make things happen. But he is not as good as a few people here think, or at least he hasn't shown that consistently enough.

His time at United is a combination of factors though: his lack of effort as well as Mou not using him the way he should be. 

As much I hate Jamie, I agree with him on this. Put him in the position of KDB in the system City are playing where they control most of the games, he can do what he used to do at Juve.

This is one of my worries with Mou. I feel like most of the attacking players, we may not see the best of him until he is in charge. 

 

Edited by Vanrooney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Stretford End Phil said:

He didnt grab the  Leicester game ‘by the scruff of the neck’.

Pogba is fast becoming a cult of his own making. His followers dont seem too interested in his football. 

If I came in as Manager the first thing I would do in the summer is to bin him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a lot of the "hate" for him is because of his perceived infatuation with being a huge celebrity, and also the price paid to get him here. Only Jose and the people who train every day with him will know what he's really like, I will agree that I don't think we're using him anywhere near as well as Juve did (but then find me a Pirlo and a Marchisio to play for us) - Nemanja Matic clearly was brought in to do the legwork for him, but he's hampered with an injury. Carrick is basically static, and Herrera's form seems to have dropped off a cliff.

I think sometimes he would benefit from a couple of games off, here and there - but clearly Jose feels he has to play when he's fit because we have no-one else that can offer what he can.

Is he a box to box? no, is he a holding midfielder? no, is he a #10? not from what I've seen. I say again, I'd like to see us experiment with putting him on the right of the three behind Lukaku, he has tremendous pace and power, can beat a man and has a good passing range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy needs to roam..let him roam.

it's simple he's a luxury player .in order to get the best from him..he needs to be released from deep defensive duties,he does not ,and never had a set role,hence why Fergie, was not all that fussed, Saf was not one,for buildng teams around a player ,that would mess your plans up for the whole season,should he become injured,Jose has no option,but too place an extra man in mf, if he really wants too play a 433,with Pogba.

Matic/Carrick,Herrera /Mctominay ,Pogba,

With a free role, he becomes a serious 4th attacker and a provider in the final third, The lad loves to score,so get him close to goal.

The 2 of Matic and Mctominay in mf  also helps ,the cbs ,plus allows either of the fullbacks,to get forward more.

If he still  doesn't perform to the heights we've witnessed, then there are problems. 100mill of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the view you've all been waiting for. Roy Keane responds to the Pogba question on the CL highlights show last night: -

"Any top player should be able to play in a two or a three. So the guy just needs to do better himself and focus on what the game of football’s all about."

~Keano

 It's true, Pogba is a top player and should be able to play in a midfield two. Maybe the solution is better guidance and coaching on what the team need from him to reach his potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lucretius said:

Remember when Scholes was just being bitter for saying he couldn't play in a double pivot? Pepperidge Farm remembers. Fixed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, O said:

And so it begins...

Big Dunc reckons Pogba has asked Mourinho to change to a three man midfield.

Hmm a French paper then suggests he might go to PSG because he's unhappy. Is that cow I smell, sheep?

Oh no, it's bull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.