1 hour ago, O said:

Sell or release.

Really hope he has a big falling out with Mourinho and we get rid.

Easily the most unfairly vilified player in recent history.

Not too bothered about trolls like you and SG but the mainstream opinionof every sub par performance is sickening. Held to a higher standard then anyone in the league and seems to cop the blame for every dropped point despite the fact that he’s never even among our worst performers. 

He should leave. 

30 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Easily the most unfairly vilified player in recent history.

Not too bothered about trolls like you and SG but the mainstream opinionof every sub par performance is sickening. Held to a higher standard then anyone in the league and seems to cop the blame for every dropped point despite the fact that he’s never even among our worst performers. 

He should leave. 

I’m deadly serious. I would take what we paid for him from any club. Even City.

40 minutes ago, Stretford End Phil said:

If this salary gossip is true, it goes to show how far the Bosman ruling is now hammering the game. If every time a new player’s wages becomes an excuse for a pay rise, we will end up in a stupid spiral of absurd limits.

'Limits?' What's that?

56 minutes ago, Stretford End Phil said:

If this salary gossip is true, it goes to show how far the Bosman ruling is now hammering the game. If every time a new player’s wages becomes an excuse for a pay rise, we will end up in a stupid spiral of absurd limits.

What is the salary gossip about?

I'm guessing he wants to be the best paid one after Alexis' arrival?

56 minutes ago, Stretford End Phil said:

A totally self-inflected spiral. It's natural for Pogba to expect to be the highest paid member of the squad, even if he does little to justify it. This is also why people laughing at City for saying they couldn't afford Sanchez completely miss the point. 

1 hour ago, Stretford End Phil said:

It proves the point most players these days are mercenaries.

There is no commitment to the club.

you Cannot build a team around such players.

Even in the modern age you do get players who have the passion for the club. Build the team around such players.

The others can fuck off.

We need more players who actually want to play for the badge. Will have to look into our academies. Also, it was probably a mistake bringing in Sanchez as well, regardless of how good he is (he is world class), we should've looked at a younger option who would fit in directly on the right. We'd not have any conundrum like we have at the moment, both on and off the pitch.

Chong better hurry the fuck up.

2 hours ago, Stretford End Phil said:

The Bosman ruling the worst thing that happened to football. 

The worst part Bosman was I understand a terrible player. 

14 hours ago, dualtamac said:

Rebuy Rafael, bring ParkJi-Sung out of retirement and play a proper midfield. #fergiewasright

Surely we miss warriors like them in the squad... Can see why SAF rated the likes of Fletcher and Park alongside the talented Scholes Giggs and Carrick. 

Do people not see how much we clearly miss him when he isn't on the pitch?

Even in his so called awful performances - We immediately died as an attacking force when he was taken off after creating some good opening with him on. Our attacking displays through his injuries and suspension are equally pathetic. Do people think this is just a coincidence? 

I would love to see our chances created or xG, whatever statistic you want with Pogba and without. I'd pretty much guarantee there's an astounding difference. The manager needs to take responsibility - He's a phenomenal, rare talent who we have to be getting more out of. He's an attacking player - Let him attack.

I'm not really sure why people expect him to play like a pure CM when that literally isn't his best position. It's far more Mourinho's fault than Pogba's, though the latter does need to improve some aspects.

Put prime Iniesta in a 2 man midfield with Matic and watch how he gets exposed defensively. Watch how opposition players run off him and watch how he loses his marker all the time. Pogba needs to be on the left of a 3. The system is more to blame than the player.

He's still the best midfielder we have regardless though. Even with the flaws, he gives us far, far more attributes than any other midfielder and they more than make up for any difference that dropping him for our other options give us in a defensive sense.

This idea that he floats about and "doesn't care" on the pitch or doesn't "play for the badge" is total nonsense as well. He doesn't let players go because 'he can't be bothered to defend', it simply isn't his game and never has been. He's blind to it. Likewise his bubbly personality and hobbies of dancing/music taste/social media stuff etc doesn't mean he doesn't care.

The narrative at the moment is to hate on Pogba though so he'll no doubt get more shit than anyone else. We've been in this position with players before - DDG being the most obvious. Remember when people wanted Lindegaard in over him? Same people probably want Pogba dropped for Fellaini or out of form Herrera.

Edited by TheManc

22 hours ago, Red4Life said:

It proves the point most players these days are mercenaries.

There is no commitment to the club.

you Cannot build a team around such players.

Even in the modern age you do get players who have the passion for the club. Build the team around such players.

The others can fuck off.

I want to give this post two 'likes'.

As Keano said, we have to try to sign players who feel the club are doing them a favour and really want to be here, not those who feel they are doing the club a favour and are here primarily for the insane money.

I think we really need to just come to terms with the fact hes not gonna track back and hes not going to defend like a fuckin beast.

We need to realise that hes a fantastic passer, and can create some serious chances for us and carry the ball forward better than most others.

We can judge him harshly when played out of his preferred positions and asked to do things he doesnt excel at.

Or we can blame Mou for persisting with something thats so clearly broken.

I wouldnt rage at O'Shea when he played shit in the midfield, that was Sir Alex's fault for fucking playing him there.

Your lives would be much simpler if you did this too. You'll get a lot less angry at Pogba and the team playing like shit as a whole.

I think it's true what @TheManc and @rezzy are saying, but can we afford a midfielder in the team who is, even if through no fault of his own, a defensive liability? Scholesy was a midfielder with similar vision, passing and technical skills to Pogba, yet he was also a work horse, full of energy, who got stuck in. Are we possibly seeing here one of the reasons Fergie let Pogba go?

12 minutes ago, gav81 said:

I think it's true what @TheManc and @rezzy are saying, but can we afford a midfielder in the team who is, even if through no fault of his own, a defensive liability? Scholesy was a midfielder with similar vision, passing and technical skills to Pogba, yet he was also a work horse, full of energy, who got stuck in. Are we possibly seeing here one of the reasons Fergie let Pogba go?

No, he didn't let him go. 

He's a fantastic footballer who doesn't have the defensive discipline and work rate to consistently work in the system he's been put into. Just another display of Mourinho's tactical genius.