• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No but I did share a Facebook post about a boy with cancer.

Look to see if you have clicked the light switch looking icon in the top left. If you have, click it again and it'll change back.

Starting this thread just to report any technical issues encountered.   I noticed that in the Notifications - for a quote the thread Title is not listed in the Notification but for a Like it is list

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, O said:

@aardvarked @lucretius @hdcantona

What's the easiest way to embed streamable.com videos on this forum? It automatically embeds them on other forums.

IIRC this site hasn't ever supported streamable embedding? it's usually just a link that's in the post because inserting other media doesn't work with Streamable as far as I know. 

Maybe @aardvarked can shed some light, probably something to do with the board software

• 7 months later...
19 minutes ago, The Spanish Inquisitor said:

What prompted this decision?

Confusion amongst staff as to who was who (well I personally brought it up, so the confusion was from myself).

Our system doesn’t appear to tell us when a member changes name and just for clarity we are disabling the function. If you really want a name change, PM one of the staff members and we can see what we can do.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 14:46, peterswellman said:

Confusion amongst staff as to who was who (well I personally brought it up, so the confusion was from myself).

Our system doesn’t appear to tell us when a member changes name and just for clarity we are disabling the function. If you really want a name change, PM one of the staff members and we can see what we can do.

Do you guys keep track of stuff on this site in a db or anything?

Could just set up new tables to store OlderUsername and NewUsername, when they attempt the name change take the id's and store them.

That way you could always do a lookup if you want, or retrieve the data and post it somewhere on the admins board. Or, on the profiles could have an "Aliases" section which keeps track of all old usernames. Again just storing any name data in a db and retrieving it.

..but yeah, probably just easier to not allow people to rename. 😅

25 minutes ago, rezzy said:

Do you guys keep track of stuff on this site in a db or anything?

Could just set up new tables to store OlderUsername and NewUsername, when they attempt the name change take the id's and store them.

That way you could always do a lookup if you want, or retrieve the data and post it somewhere on the admins board. Or, on the profiles could have an "Aliases" section which keeps track of all old usernames. Again just storing any name data in a db and retrieving it.

..but yeah, probably just easier to not allow people to rename. 1f605.png

To clarify - we can check username history, we just weren't notified when people were doing so.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 14:46, peterswellman said:

Ye can fucking say that again 🤣

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 21:23, hdcantona said:

IIRC this site hasn't ever supported streamable embedding? it's usually just a link that's in the post because inserting other media doesn't work with Streamable as far as I know. 

Maybe @aardvarked can shed some light, probably something to do with the board software

Shame that, can you no change it?

11 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

Have looked into streamable embedding before and couldn't find a way to enable it without developing something bespoke. Used to be easier to tweak some code and allow embedding from other sites in the previous versions. 

Not sure who you are addressing with this, but clearly you should stick to interfering with kangaroos. You appear to be good for little else. 

"Nae bother".

giphy.gif

Edited by Shoot
29 minutes ago, peterswellman said:

You're reading technical issue posts on here from almost 15 months ago. How bad is your life? Do you want the number for the Samaritans? I for one won't miss you if you do go through with it.

Aye, and it seems some are still trying to solve them. What's the number?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Shoot said:

Aye, and it seems some are still trying to solve them. What's the number?

giphy.gif

Calls to this helpline number do not appear on phone bills. Samaritans is available round the clock, every single day of the year, providing a safe place for anyone who is struggling to cope. Please call 116 123, email jo@samaritans.org, or visit www.samaritans.org to find details of the nearest branch. 

Seek help.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...