venusplanet

Technical issues thread

Starting this thread just to report any technical issues encountered.

I noticed that in the Notifications - for a quote the thread Title is not listed in the Notification but for a Like it is listed. Can it be sorted out to maintain consistency as well as helps to know under which thread is my post quoted without clicking on it.

Okay, well..I can't remember how to get my pic of Stuart Pearson that was my avatar (is that the correct term?) on MUT forum..don't understand that 'Gravitar' thing. Can some kind soul help me out please? Also can't update my profile..clueless old bastid, I know.. :fool:

Okay, well..I can't remember how to get my pic of Stuart Pearson that was my avatar (is that the correct term?) on MUT forum..don't understand that 'Gravitar' thing. Can some kind soul help me out please? Also can't update my profile..clueless old bastid, I know.. :fool:

I just added your photo there now. Hope that helps. :)

Starting this thread just to report any technical issues encountered.

I noticed that in the Notifications - for a quote the thread Title is not listed in the Notification but for a Like it is listed. Can it be sorted out to maintain consistency as well as helps to know under which thread is my post quoted without clicking on it.

Too technical for me....aardvarked

Too technical for me....aardvarked

Seriously??

Ok let me explain. Now take a scenario when I have a post in this thread "Technical issues thread"

If you quotes my post in this thread the notification says " dualtamac quoted a post you made "

If you like my post in this thread the notification says " dualtamac liked the post you made in Technical issues thread"

See the difference? Expect that even for the quote notification should read as "dualtamac quoted a post you made in Technical issues thread"

Hope this is less technical? On the other hand if your post was sarcastical then apologies to have not understood the sarcasm.

Seriously??

Ok let me explain. Now take a scenario when I have a post in this thread "Technical issues thread"

If you quotes my post in this thread the notification says " dualtamac quoted a post you made "

If you like my post in this thread the notification says " dualtamac liked the post you made in Technical issues thread"

See the difference? Expect that even for the quote notification should read as "dualtamac quoted a post you made in Technical issues thread"

Hope this is less technical? On the other hand if your post was sarcastical then apologies to have not understood the sarcasm.

Oh no, I understood the problem, I meant resolving it is too technical for me.  (y)

Oh no, I understood the problem, I meant resolving it is too technical for me.  (y)

How is it easy to tag the Thread name to a Like Notification but not to a Quote notification.

ok now i see, here in TMU the Like and Quto buttons are of different type where as in MUT the REPLY and LIKE were of the same kind.

So technically the problem is when there is a hit on Quote / MultiQuote buttons it does not return the Thread Name value. One way of resovling is make MultiQuote and Quote buttons the same type as Like This button (which is returning that value). Just a suggestion, think about it. But obviously will take away the distinctiveness of Like This button.

By the way what is the technology in terms of platform / coding used here. Is it Java?

Hi guys,

I cant access any of the formatting selections when I'm posting - and my posts are in a format that looks completely unformatted.

Is there something I need to do to enable formatting?

Edited by moondog99

Thanks for responding.

I have a png image - where should I send it?

Click on 'More Reply Options' (bottom right)

Then you'll see 'attach files' below the post box, click 'Choose files' and use that to upload your screenshot. (y)

Doesn''t bother me , but how do you see a post when someone 'mentions' you?

eg if someone mentions me after this, I'll get a notification, but not a route to see that post, if that makes sense? Though It's probablt there but I just missed it....

Doesn''t bother me , but how do you see a post when someone 'mentions' you?

eg if someone mentions me after this, I'll get a notification, but not a route to see that post, if that makes sense? Though It's probablt there but I just missed it....

When you get it, click on the "in a post" part.

TheManc

The website was down a few hours ago. Not sure why. Everything else was working for me so don't think it was an issue my end. 

Yep, was down for about 15 minutes. I sorted it though, no worries.  (y)