Juanderful

Rick & Morty

I know there are a few fans on here, and given that there's no dedicated thread [😕] I thought it best that was corrected.

I was personally very late to the show despite being told by people with similar taste that I would like it (and also liking Community, also from Dan Harmon). I was actually very annoyed that I had left it so long because it really is a work of genius. Looking at the cartoon aesthetic, I think it's easy to rule it out as being something it is not. For anyone on the fence, just watch the first episode. You'll know if it's for you or not.

Anyway, episode one of season 3 debuted last month with the new season only a few months away. Who's on board?!

Here's a great video that will help bum you out 👍

Edited by Juanderful

Seen a few episodes and enjoyed it. Have been told that it improves every season so chances are I'll binge watch it. Like so many other tv shows, finding the time is hard since my work hours changed. But this show is really high up my list in terms of binge wathcing.

Watched the first 5 episodes of Season 1. Exactly my type of humour.

The only thing I don't like about comedy shows like this is the lack of direction in terms of a plot. Each episode is sort of a random ball of craziness. Great for a casual watch.

2 hours ago, Piazza said:

I am constantly hounded by this show’s (very fucking annoying) fanbase to watch this and I am steadfastly refusing given how disappointing everything in the world is lately. 

You are not wrong.

The last season took the show to peak toxic fandom, I actually stopped watching it mid season because of the rabid fans and not any sort of a drop in the quality of writing.

Edited by Burns92