Sign in to follow this  
butler

Reggae

Everyone I'm sure enjoys a little reggae now and again,I will post some of my favourites from years gone by and the odd recent tune..

Please do post your most catching or memorable reggae track,from any country. .

Il let Haggler start..I'm guessing he's a ska man.

Some boss tracks on here. I've got loads of 45s going back to the 60s and most in mint condition. Got a few Trojan box sets too and they get played most often.

Back in 1980, I was waiting for the District Line train at South Ken station. This rasta walked up to me and asked if the train was due. It was Max Romeo on his way over to Notting Hill to record a couple of new songs.

Brings back so many memories listening to old school reggae. Levi 501s (turned up), army boots, granddad shirt, braces, Levi jacket and a United scarf. That was the style in 1967/68. Then came Docs, Jaytex, Brutus, Crombies, Harringtons, Prince of Wales, and the hair a bit longer (suede-heads).

Trojan started adding string arrangements and popular reggae all got a bit bubblegum.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By SALFORD RED
      You like your music? Well just enter the artist you like listening to and away you go.

http://2010.neverendingplaylist.com/
    • By abo
      Thread for pretentious hipsterfags who mostly listen to albums. Discuss/rate/rabble   

In the past few days I've listened to the following albums:  

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures. Top fucking class, my favourite Division album. Been sleeping and waking up to it in the last 4 days. Perfect.

Atoms for Peace - AMOK. Pleasantly surprised. First few times I listened it was kinda Okay-ish  but just like The Eraser after giving it a break and listening to it again it grew on me. Wasn't a big fan of AFP pre-AMOK stuff, but I'm in fucking love with this album.

Fatso Jetson - Flames for All. Mario Lalli the greatest overweight musician EVER. 

Latitudes - Bleak Epiphanies In Slow Motion. Downloaded their whole discography but only listened to this EP so far. It's really great and it makes excited about their 2 albums. Good thing they decided to use shorter names for their albums. 
    • By dualtamac
      Simple idea (thanks Abo for the idea, had to revive it)....you make an album of 12-15 songs of any band/artist that you would find perfect, either as a collection of favourite songs or songs you think could mesh well together.

Example:

ARCADE FIRE:

1. Wake Up
      2. Ready to Start
      3. Neon Bible
      4. Reflektor
      5. Rebellion (Lies)
      6. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
      7. Flashbulb Eyes
      8. Intervention
      9. Here Comes the Night Time
      10. Keep the Car Running
      11. Rococo
      12. Normal Person
      13. Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)
      14. Afterlife

The order bugs me with Arcade Fire....since they've changed a bit from Funeral to Reflektor.

Fire ahead, everyone. Hope this works out. 
    • By abo
      Didn't see a metal thread, so I'm claiming this one. 

Tried listening to Trivium recently and they're awesome. 
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors