dualtamac

Cricket

1 hour ago, Burns92 said:

He's just 33 isn't he? Any particular reason why he's retiring so early?

Said he has "nothing left in the tank" lol bit of an understatement considering today's knock!!

Mind you bro it was against India who have been overall poor this series. The first and fourth tests could have gone either way but the second and this one have been embarrassing.

I know that they will receive pelters when they go back to India the way the top order fell apart, other than Kohli, was truly horrible in every test, Dhawan, Rahul, Rahane, Pant, Pandaya, should be dropped, even the lower order need batting big time practice if they want to compete with the Aussies away in December! The only bright sparks were the seam bowlers and Kohli himself. I think Ashwin is finished overseas.

England will probably face a stiffer test in the winter series v Sri Lanka. Anderson will be rested maybe even Broad for the Ashes next year. Bairstow should be dropped in favour of Buttler who has been immense.

13 hours ago, PVAD said:

Said he has "nothing left in the tank" lol bit of an understatement considering today's knock!!

Mind you bro it was against India who have been overall poor this series. The first and fourth tests could have gone either way but the second and this one have been embarrassing.

I know that they will receive pelters when they go back to India the way the top order fell apart, other than Kohli, was truly horrible in every test, Dhawan, Rahul, Rahane, Pant, Pandaya, should be dropped, even the lower order need batting big time practice if they want to compete with the Aussies away in December! The only bright sparks were the seam bowlers and Kohli himself. I think Ashwin is finished overseas.

England will probably face a stiffer test in the winter series v Sri Lanka. Anderson will be rested maybe even Broad for the Ashes next year. Bairstow should be dropped in favour of Buttler who has been immense.

Haha, that's fair. Can't really blame him for it.

India have been poor overseas for quite some time now. We have always failed to show up in South Africa and England, in recent years we have had some good games in Australia but we still end up losing the series.

I think it's just a cycle though, I have seen it happen many times to know where this is going now. India were embarrassed by England in their home turf, so it's not time for England to get embarrassed in India early next year. The pitch will be made just for Ashwin where he'll bag 8 wickets an innings.

I feel for Kohli though. He has to regularly play with trash in IPL, T20 and in International Test cricket. Dhawan is like the Darmian of cricket, he's a con man and has been stealing a wage for a while. I had high hopes for Pujara and even touted him as the next Dravid, but he's been a disappointment in recent times.

ODI Cricket is a fantastic watch these days. 

350 plus scores were once fantasy stuff but some of these guys make it look easy.

ICC CWC has been brilliant so far!

Really enjoying this world cup so far. South Africa are choking hard as usual, but most of the games have been fantastic.

I can't ever remember being a time where India played Australia in an ICC tournament and were better than them in every aspect of the game.

So many games not being played this year due to rain. 4 years you wait to play and it is a big disappointment when rain stops play. If the weather is like that during these months then ICC should have planned it better. 

Edited by nirav

17 minutes ago, Piazza said:

Are there any North American teams? If not who  do I bandwagon if my only opinion on cricket is that I hate the English?

Only if you count the west indies, who are an amalgamation of carribean islands of jamaica, barbados, trinidad etc. 

The only decent sport americans appear to take seriously is ice hockey.

30 minutes ago, John Locke said:

Only if you count the west indies, who are an amalgamation of carribean islands of jamaica, barbados, trinidad etc. 

The only decent sport americans appear to take seriously is ice hockey.

Is there a Netherlands Antilles team or something?

On 14/06/2019 at 21:22, Piazza said:

Are there any North American teams? If not who  do I bandwagon if my only opinion on cricket is that I hate the English?

no north american team yet.  Lot of asian team you can support ... maybe india 😎

8 hours ago, nirav said:

no north american team yet.  Lot of asian team you can support ... maybe india 😎

India it is. I’m a huge fan of anyone named Patel. 

India vs Pakistan today in world cup. Any cricket game can not get bigger than this. 

Some stats show that soccer world cup final attracted 1.6 billion vieweers while they are expecting around 1.5 billion viewers for today's match. More than 1 billion of those viewers will be Indians and Pakistani though.

1 hour ago, Burns92 said:

What a load of shit, rain stops the play again.

Whoever decided it would be a good idea to play the WC in England in June should be taken out immediately and shot.

Probably the worst sport in the world.

This has been quite a good world cup . uptil til today..it just gets easier for the favourites .3. 6s in a row for Roy..chasing a low target with 0 down and over 6 per over run rate ... cannot see it going past the 35th

England choking in their home World Cup final, bet they lose more wickets.

LOL, so many thought England were gonna win this, you are gonna regret being over confident.

Edited by RedDevilDazzy

1 hour ago, hdcantona said:

I don't know much about cricket - you know when it hit that england player's bat while he was diving to be 'safe' ? Can you do that deliberately as well? that's an amazing play

You can't do it deliberately - the only reason it was allowed is because the batsman had no eyes for the ball, just ran straight through and it hit him through no fault of his own. A complete freak incident -- and to happen at that moment in the World Cup final as well! Amazing thing is that had the ball not run to the boundary, they might not have run an extra run out of sportsmanship. But those are the margins. 

What an incredible game. My head still hurts. Best cricket match I -- or, I would argue, anyone -- has seen. 

11 minutes ago, Sownak27 said:

You can't do it deliberately - the only reason it was allowed is because the batsman had no eyes for the ball, just ran straight through and it hit him through no fault of his own. A complete freak incident -- and to happen at that moment in the World Cup final as well! Amazing thing is that had the ball not run to the boundary, they might not have run an extra run out of sportsmanship. But those are the margins. 

What an incredible game. My head still hurts. Best cricket match I -- or, I would argue, anyone -- has seen. 

Shame for the Kiwis as essentially they tied the super-over! 

To lose it on boundaries must be a bitter pill to swallow.