Sign in to follow this  
dualtamac

Rugby Champions Cup 2016/17

2 hours ago, Danny boy said:

The head coach of Munster, Anthony Foley has passed away. He was only 42.

We were in the back arse of nowhere in a pub after our game today when we heard, can't belive it when I used to follow Rugby more he was always a player I admired been from the county I was from too at a young age that meant a lot to me.

Scary to think only 42, and another reminder that we just never know what's around the corner for any of us.

R.I.P Axel

RIP Foley. He was never the most mobile of players but a bit like Sheringham in football he had the first couple of yards in the bank mentally. Great reader of the game. Saints dodged a bullet with a last minute penalty win.  Backs coach given the sack midweek.

What team do you support in club level, people?? 

The final of this is in San Mames this year, I am late to the party, but would love to get tickets for it, it's tough but I'm going to try and do something to get them.  

Is there any possibility of your club getting to the final?!?!

16 minutes ago, Txrt said:

The final of this is in San Mames this year, I am late to the party, but would love to get tickets for it, it's tough but I'm going to try and do something to get them.  

lmao no

Most people where I'm from support either the Scarlets or the Opsreys (probbaly about 55:45 in favour of Scarlets) 

When I grew up I had no interest in rugby so when people would ask me who I supported I would jokingly say Gwent (the Newport Gwent Dragons as they were then) 

So then I got into rugby by going out drinking with the Welsh society in uni, then I got into the national team, then I got into regional rugby by going to a game (Ospreys v Dragons) and the Dragons were comfortably beaten but I enjoyed myself and liked winding my friend up about how the Dragons were 'robbed' and I have supported them ever since. 

After years of absolute shite things are finally looking up for the dragons as well mercifully, but no, no chance of them making the champions cup final haha

21 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

lmao no

Most people where I'm from support either the Scarlets or the Opsreys (probbaly about 55:45 in favour of Scarlets) 

When I grew up I had no interest in rugby so when people would ask me who I supported I would jokingly say Gwent (the Newport Gwent Dragons as they were then) 

So then I got into rugby by going out drinking with the Welsh society in uni, then I got into the national team, then I got into regional rugby by going to a game (Ospreys v Dragons) and the Dragons were comfortably beaten but I enjoyed myself and liked winding my friend up about how the Dragons were 'robbed' and I have supported them ever since. 

After years of absolute shite things are finally looking up for the dragons as well mercifully, but no, no chance of them making the champions cup final haha

I've heard in the news that almost everything for the final has been sold, and almost every hotel is fully booked for the weekend of the 12nd of May, when the final is played. We have the Rugby Challenge cup final on Friday and the Champions Cup final on Saturday, and it's all full.

Great oportunity to come to the city, second week of May should be 20-25 degrees, good weather, a lot of bars that don't close until late, good atmosphere I guess between rugby fans, and a great weekend away to be honest. I will enjoy going out with the people coming, both Friday and Saturday I'll be hitting the Irish pubs etc for sure. Wanna see how the atmosphere is, and then the final itself as well!

21 hours ago, Txrt said:

Leinster.

To Owenzy's dismay.

We have a fantastic squad, probably one of the best in Europe in terms of pure depth.

If we dont lose too many players through injury and 6 nations resting, we have a decent chance.

On our day we could beat any of the teams, but it would need to be our day.

22 hours ago, Txrt said:

Why would your city entertain such shite?

1 hour ago, rezzy said:

Leinster.

To Owenzy's dismay.

We have a fantastic squad, probably one of the best in Europe in terms of pure depth.

If we dont lose too many players through injury and 6 nations resting, we have a decent chance.

On our day we could beat any of the teams, but it would need to be our day.

You played Rugby too, if I remember correctly, right? 

There should be a great atmosphere that weekend, I have heard that rugby fans are much better and friendlier in general than football fans. So I hope it is that way and they leave the city like it was before they came over.

25 minutes ago, O said:

Why would your city entertain such shite?

Don't you like rugby? Hahaha. I like watching it, I don't follow it too much, to be honest, but I try to catch the Six Nations and stuff, and it's one sport where despite not knowing much about it, I enjoy watching it just for entertainment. Without knowing many players etc. 

And we have a new stadium that's great to host thins like these, it will attract a lot of people to the city and it will be great, I think. The Basque area is also one of the regions with biggest rugby fanbase in Spain, so yeah.

38 minutes ago, Txrt said:

There should be a great atmosphere that weekend, I have heard that rugby fans are much better and friendlier in general than football fans. So I hope it is that way and they leave the city like it was before they came over.

Don't you like rugby? Hahaha. I like watching it, I don't follow it too much, to be honest, but I try to catch the Six Nations and stuff, and it's one sport where despite not knowing much about it, I enjoy watching it just for entertainment. Without knowing many players etc. 

And we have a new stadium that's great to host thins like these, it will attract a lot of people to the city and it will be great, I think. The Basque area is also one of the regions with biggest rugby fanbase in Spain, so yeah.

Hate it. Bunch of fat cunts. Little wing play in the modern game.

I respect the likes of Sexton and O’Driscoll. But they are once in a generation players. Well, once in a century in Brian’s case.

If you look at the size of Rugby players now compared to 30 odd years ago, it’s a freakish change. Even the modern tactics have changed significantly.

54 minutes ago, Txrt said:

Yeah i played club and college rugby. 

I play primarily football now though.

Rugby fans in general are nicer than football, as you dont get the same hooliganism. 

But they also love to drink a lot, so that doesnt mean you wont come across dickheads.

22 hours ago, rezzy said:

Rugby fans in general are nicer than football, as you dont get the same hooliganism. 

But they also love to drink a lot, so that doesnt mean you wont come across dickheads.

I'm pretty sure I came very close to alcohol poisoning in Cardiff after the Grand Slam.

23 hours ago, rezzy said:

With the exception of Wales. Despite being notoriously high and mighty about rugby in Wales, in recent years the police have commended our football fans and complained about the rugby ones

Season ticket holder ar Munster , don't think we will make the final this year , tho I have been promised tickets if we do , we're still a team in transition, kills me to say it but Leinster are the outstanding Irish team and have the best chance of making this years final..

3 hours ago, hdcantona said:

With the exception of Wales. Despite being notoriously high and mighty about rugby in Wales, in recent years the police have commended our football fans and complained about the rugby ones

When you've got a shit team, the fans tend to be nicer.

Look at us for example, we're a bunch of gobshites, we're shit though so you only get the real die hards and they just have fun.

@rezzy  Leinster in town next weekend. Went out yesterday with the Betis fans and it was great already, can't wait to see the Leinster and Racing Metro fans next week. The final, as you probably now, is played in Bilbao, so I guess we'll have people come over to watch and spend the weekend and party too. 

Cardiff vs Gloucester is also played in Bilbao, on Friday. So I hope there are plenty of fans from all four teams next weekend here, and hopefully everyone here will do their best to make them feel at home and make it possible to have more finals of different things in Bilbao. 

On 06/05/2018 at 11:10, Txrt said:

@rezzy  Leinster in town next weekend. Went out yesterday with the Betis fans and it was great already, can't wait to see the Leinster and Racing Metro fans next week. The final, as you probably now, is played in Bilbao, so I guess we'll have people come over to watch and spend the weekend and party too. 

Cardiff vs Gloucester is also played in Bilbao, on Friday. So I hope there are plenty of fans from all four teams next weekend here, and hopefully everyone here will do their best to make them feel at home and make it possible to have more finals of different things in Bilbao. 

And the boys managed to squeeze the win.

Tough game, came down to who made the least mistakes in their own half.

Ireland grand slam, and Leinster European cup. Good year for me in terms of rugby!

Chance for Leinster to win the league too, playing Munster in the semi's next weekend. Then the final the weekend after. 2 more BIG games of rugby potentially for Leinster still. (Or Munster).