Just to have it made.

Football - Dublin. Can't really look by them. Mayo could suffer mentally after the past 2 years, otherwise, you'd expect them to be up there too. 

Hurling - Kilkenny/Clare.

Edited by BrianMc7

Typical Dub is typical.

Has nothing to do with being a dub. If i was a GAA fan from Fermanagh and noticed them making mistakes like that i'd point it out.

If sky make a mistake tomorrow and claim Man City went on to win the Premiership last year, would you not point it out?

Edited by rezzy

Has nothing to do with being a dub. If i was a GAA fan from Fermanagh and noticed them making mistakes like that i'd point it out.

If sky make a mistake tomorrow and claim Man City went on to win the Premiership last year, would you not point it out?

I'm joking :blum:

I personally think the Sky deal is a welcome one.

I can see why some people are upset over this though. But for me, the positives outweigh the negatives here. It's not as if the All Ireland Semi's and Finals will only only be exclusively live on Sky now, RTE will have them too. I'm pretty sure that the GAA president said that will never be the case either. I think it's only a small number of games that actually won't be seen on Irish TV, unless you have Sky.

Channel 7 in Australia, a free-to-air channel, have also bought rights to show the games live, plus the RTE player can now be viewd in other countries, not just Ireland. With so many people having emigrated from Ireland over the years, this will now mean they can watch their national games. It's a great thing in my opinion.

Pretty sure I read that 80% of the money the GAA generate goes back into the grassroots too, for building the game for the younger generation. I think a lot of people are worried about how the players will benefit from this and how the money generated will be spent on them. Not quite sure what will happen there either, to be honest.

All in all, I think this will be great publicity for our national games and it's a chance to reach out to a newer audience globally. I guess time will tell, on how big an impact this deal has and how much the GAA benefits from it.

I'm actually quite intrested to see how the non Irish take to it and see if it will gain a good followship with them, I mean I barely even watch the fecking thing.

Here's hoping Clare win anothr All Ireland and another excuse for a piss up :D

Think hurling is a better spectator sport than football though....

Try watch football(not just Gaelic, football in general) after watching a good hurling game and you will struggle to enjoy it or find it as exciting, in my opinion.

Hurling is the sport that will probably surprise non-Irish viewers on Sky and interest then more. They probably wouldn't be able to keep up to the pace of the game, when they see it for the first time.

You can't beat a good Hurling game, when it's contested by two of the top sides in the country.

Hurling is one of the most ancient sports, isn't it? My cousins sent me over a hurler and a sliotar, spent many an afternoon whacking it over the rugby posts on a nearby pitch in my youth when there was no one around for a kick around...

I'm actually quite intrested to see how the non Irish take to it and see if it will gain a good followship with them, I mean I barely even watch the fecking thing.

Here's hoping Clare win anothr All Ireland and another excuse for a piss up :D

I saw about 20 minutes of a hurling match on a sports comedy show here once. Looked really awesome, even though I had no idea what was happening. I can't imagine anything else permeating the US market at least, though there are more Irish-Americans than there are Irish-Irish so who knows?