Sign in to follow this  
khoazany

[U18s] The Lee O'Connor Thread

Ireland U17s captain.Was primarily a RB but can play CB/LB/RM/CM.Watched him for the U18s again Boro the other day and safe to say he's a big talent.He defended well, quick and very good on the ball.

Lee-O%E2%80%99Connor.jpg

It was my first time  watching him in the game against Boro and he was hugely impressive, even with the commentators trying to insist all his good work was actually Max Dunne ?. Good to see though been far too long since we last had a good Irish prospect in the academy, hopefully he can progress well and into the first team, from all accounts he sounds like a very very good prospect at least, excited to see how he develops   

6 hours ago, Canto said:

It was my first time  watching him in the game against Boro and he was hugely impressive, even with the commentators trying to insist all his good work was actually Max Dunne 1f602.png. Good to see though been far too long since we last had a good Irish prospect in the academy, hopefully he can progress well and into the first team, from all accounts he sounds like a very very good prospect at least, excited to see how he develops   

We have a very good Irish forward as well who was scoring for fun for the U14s and U15s (we're sorting out some paperworks for him).

On 9/6/2016 at 05:07, khoazany said:

O'connor has been very impressive for the u18's I am a very big fan of him versatile and equally good in all areas of the pitch.

Edited by United689908

16 hours ago, khoazany said:

We have a very good Irish forward as well who was scoring for fun for the U14s and U15s (we're sorting out some paperworks for him).

Really? Good stuff, but how is that  possible I thought we couldn't sign any non-British players until they turned 16? Or is it that he was scoring goals for fun every time he was over on trial?

14 hours ago, United689908 said:

He's the lad with brown skin?

Seems we have 2 new Irish lads at that age group?He's the one that scored against Liverpool this week and also against Wigan last week.

10 hours ago, Canto said:

Really? Good stuff, but how is that  possible I thought we couldn't sign any non-British players until they turned 16? Or is it that he was scoring goals for fun every time he was over on trial?

His family moved to England.

7 hours ago, khoazany said:

Seems we have 2 new Irish lads at that age group?He's the one that scored against Liverpool this week and also against Wigan last week.

His family moved to England.

Was it a case of his family were moving over anyway or that we moved them over?

By any chance have you heard anymore about us signing Elvis Azah?

Probably nothing in it and a case of reading too much into it but I found it interesting he was included in the latest Adidas ad for United today. Not just in the backround but in a speaking role

As an Irishman it would be great to see him make his debut at some stage this season got a lot of competition but he's versatile and i've seen him play well in pretty much every position he's played in be it RB CB LB CM or even on the right wing.

Edited by Canto

@Canto

I don’t think he’ll get a chance here tbh.

AWB cloud be a monster RB for us, and then Laird is highly rated because 1. He’s talented as fuck and 2. He’s English.

Lee need to go out on loan or move permanently. He’ll stagnate at CB or LB.

And Ireland badly needs him to become a solid PL player.

Edited by O

1 minute ago, O said:

@Canto

I don’t think he’ll get a chance here tbh.

AWB cloud be a monster RB for us, and then Laird is highly rated because 1. He’s talented as fuck and 2. He’s English.

Lee need to go out on loan or move permanently. He’ll stagnate at CB or LB.

And Ireland badly needs him to become a solid PL player.

I don't know like I said his versatility could see him make it here as a squad player at least because like I said it's not like he's just filled in in those positions he's played well in them too, thought he was excellent for Ireland in the euro 19s for example in the same summer he was good at right back for the under 21s in the Toulan, so who knows he might get a chance in the Europa as a holding midfielder considering our lack of options there or be on the bench because of his versatility and get a chance cuz of injury and not look back

If I had to guess i'd say like you he won't make it but you just never know how players will progress either, it just comes down to the taking the chance when it comes like Rashford did for example who knows what might have happend if Martial didn't get injured in the warm up or Rashford didn't perform like he did when he first broke through. LIke I said you just never know if people only watched youth level and saw Ravel Morrison and Scott McTominey through the years you can imagine who they would all pick if they were told one would go on to become a regular United first teamer

Whatever happens I just found it interesting that Lee was included in the advert and a pretty big part considering he wouldn't be the most well known player to fans who don't watch the u23s regularly.🤷‍♂️