Sign in to follow this  
Jay007

The Scotland Thread

Talk about kicking a nation when its down. First don't manage to make it to the World Cup, then you potentially hire David Moyes.

Poor Scots. 

Edited by ALF

19 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Imagine missing a qualifier to go to the dentist lol. Robertson is a disgrace.

You were told about Scotland.

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 00:43, CelticDevil said:

Scotland have had some truly great players but as a national side they've always been complete underachievers and bottlers. The fact that the die hards hold beating England in 1967 as some sort of unofficial world cup final shows that IMO. Then again im not a follower of the Scottish national side so I guess i've no right to comment. 

Correct! Shut yer fanny.

Horrible appointment but in keeping with the history of appointing sub-standard managers.

Vogts, Levin, Burley. Strachan faired better.

Heyday was under Brown in modern history. 

A lot has to do with quality of players any Scotland manager has to choose from. It's a rarity that true international class Scottish players are plying their trade in the top European Leagues. McTominay an exception 😉 build it around him!

The whole grass roots there needs a shake up imo.

On 18/04/2019 at 23:18, PVAD said:

Horrible appointment but in keeping with the history of appointing sub-standard managers.

Vogts, Levin, Burley. Strachan faired better.

Heyday was under Brown in modern history. 

A lot has to do with quality of players any Scotland manager has to choose from. It's a rarity that true international class Scottish players are plying their trade in the top European Leagues. McTominay an exception 😉 build it around him!

The whole grass roots there needs a shake up imo.

Tbf I think Vogts got a rough ride.  He came the closest to taking us to qualification for a major tournament than other manager since we last qualified, yet he had the worst group of players to choose from of any manager since then.

The rest I agree with.  It's an old boys network that runs Scottish football and has been for a long time, and that needs a real shake up.  From what we have to choose from on the pitch, the main problem is that we are midfield-heavy.  We have a good choice of midfielders and wide men to choose from, and some decent goalkeepers actually.  But we're really lacking elsewhere at the moment, up front and at CB in particular.

I think the outstanding choice for the job is Steve Clarke if he's interested, but last time it was suggested that he wasn't.  However, we need to approach him and see what happens.  If he's not interested, then I think we might need to look abroad because there aren't many homegrown managers jumping out at the moment.  That's not to say there aren't any, but none are really obvious.

Lukaku just can't seem to stop scoring for Belgium.

Lesser opposition? Or playing with better players? Probably both but does make you wonder. He's prolific when he gets the service