Munroe

Zlatan Ibrahimović Thread

Marcus, Ander and Daley all drooling over Zlat in the paper this morning. As it should be, of course! ;)

Interesting to see Ander say 'We have a leader now in the dressing room'

I thought Rooney was their inspirational leader!

I remembered the comment when I saw elsewhere someone saying if things aren't going well, Zlat will knock some heads together - maybe even literally! - in the dressing room. That suddenly reminded me of the comment by Ander. That's what you need - someone you daren't argue with! :D

This club has been crying out for a leader over the past few years. We have been looking for a player who can change a game in an instant and inspire those around him. Zlatan just commands respect and we haven't been shown enough respect in recent times by those we play against. It's going to be fantastic having a player of his quality play for us, but better still, it's going to be incredible having a player who absolutely strikes fear into the opposition. It's his persona and no fear. His arrogance was made for United.

He sounds hungry and boy does he love to win. I think he is going to have an incredible season.

United- Not arrogant. Just better.

34 minutes ago, MikeM said:

Wenger's having a snipe. He could only dream of Zlatan being at the Emirates.

Wenger offered him a trial in 2000, which he rejected.

Did well for his goal. Basically made Morgan his bitch. White power, motherfucker.

Even if he was just offside.

Worryingly, I think Rooney and him are a disastrous combination and offer no threat in behind.

If we're going to use him as the focal point of the attack, we have to treat him as a target man and get balls into the box for him to score regularly.

Some sloppy Rooney-esque passing from him as times.

It's what we can expect from him often, quiet throughout the game but pops up with the big moment.

Agree with @O in the long-term, I'm not convinced we'll see a partnership between him and Rooney. They seem to like to do similar things, move into similar areas, little speed in their play and no threat in behind. I think that's something we should end up thinking about, especially in the big games.

Edited by Jay007

Very good header for the goal..great leap. I still prefer Rashford though...I like forwards to have mobility, pace etc..not having a go at him..just not sure if having him here is going to slow Rashford's development..we could go mad and play them up front together!

3 hours ago, pearson77 said:

Very good header for the goal..great leap. I still prefer Rashford though...I like forwards to have mobility, pace etc..not having a go at him..just not sure if having him here is going to slow Rashford's development..we could go mad and play them up front together!

If anything Ibra is great for Rashford's development. All managers have talked about how Ibra is such an influence on the whole team and on the youngsters. Rashford has a lot to learn.