Loublaze

Stranger things

2 hours ago, Loublaze said:

Anyone watched this on Netflix? Really good show set in the 80s and full of references to classics like ET, the Goonies and the more recent Super8. Shot right in my backyard in Atlanta and around Georgia

Yeah, checked out the first 6 episodes over the last two days. Entertaining stuff and definitely one of the better Netflix Originals in recent time. Probably the best I've seen since Narcos. Love the idea and reminds me of when I first watched The Thing. 

33 minutes ago, Loublaze said:

Watch it when you do. What other streaming service do you use, if any?

At the moment I'm hijacking my sister Amazon Prime account. They have loads of awesome shows too. It's great for the paying customer though that these two are competing with another because it inevitably drives up the quality of the content. Netflix are the clear leaders at the moment though.

Any other shows that have your attention?

They worked hard on the nostalgia vibe with nods to everything from Stephen King to the Goonies via Spielberg and John Carpenter. Before I saw even a second of it, the title lettering took me back to a childhood spent reading classic King paperbacks. Having a great soundtrack doesn't hurt either.  

I'm really looking forward to season two. 

1 minute ago, Munroe said:

Mentioned it in the TV show thread when it came out, I loved it. Hopefully they'll make a second season. 

They've confirmed that there will be a second season, and that it will follow the same characters. There had been speculation that each season would be a stand-alone story. In fact, they've said that they'd like to make several seasons so the future is looking good. 

12 hours ago, Fordie said:

get kodi man if its set up right its fucking awesome to have.

I think I've heard of Kodi. Does it stream in HD? I have a thing where I can't watch modern shows unless it's at least 720p. All of those years watching cam films finally took their toll.. 

6 hours ago, Juanderful said:

I think I've heard of Kodi. Does it stream in HD? I have a thing where I can't watch modern shows unless it's at least 720p. All of those years watching cam films finally took their toll.. 

9 times out of 10 there is hd more modern shows tend to have 1080p.

If you intend on trying it out use the tvaddons forum for help on setting up right

46 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Great season but I seriously feel like the new characters (bob excluded) added nothing to the show, they got in the way if anything.

It goes without saying that Episode 7 really was the worst.

Total waste of time.

23 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Also fuck Nancy. Steve is too good for her.

Dat hair man... Jesus, it was so distracting and I mean in a good way. It's his natural hair too, so the actor has really hit the genetic lottery.

The guy who plays Jonathan was caught trying to bring cocaine to Los Angeles, LEL. It looks like he won't be returning in season 3 so Nancy is going back to Steve.

Haven't watched any of Season 2. Seems daunting.

It was only "a small amount" for personal use, so I'm sure he'll sign up for a rehab program and make a public apology. Back door bribe, etc.

He is dating Nancy in real life, btw. Money in the bank, endless amounts of cocaine, and Nancy snorting it off his cock.

We all know who's the real winner here.