3 hours ago, TFIA said:

Fury is the Mayweather of heavyweights when it comes to making decent fighters look like bums. 

True although for a lot of his career he's needed his head and foot movement for defence as he didn't have the power to fight on the inside. Since he's moved with Sugarhill Steward he's unlocked some serious punching power and shown signs that he's more willing to brawl, which should have favoured Whyte's style, but he couldn't put anything together. Not to take anything away from Fury's performance, I don't see a favourable match up against him in the division.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done to Fury. . . Klitschko will be gutted I'm sure but considerably less gutted when he gets to nail this back at the hotel:

Pacquiao has never looked less dangerous offensively. Floyd is a genius. Gets called boring yet people can't help but watch. It's an under appreciated skill to avoid getting hit like he can.

I won a ton on Bivol. 

Knew Canelo would get caught out eventually. He'd be better off moving back down and staying at his weight class than looking for a rematch. Bivol was too good, too disciplined - The warning signs were there for Canelo in the Kovalev fight with a guy who was clearly past his best. Bivol was always going to be another animal. 

Bivol was outstanding. I think I said earlier in the thread that him and Beterbiev would cause him problems if he continued to move up. Maybe that's why Canelo was initially looking to jump them both and fight Mukabu. Hopefully now that one of them has a bit of star power behind him then they'll finally make the Bivol-Beterbiev fight.

As for Canelo, I don't think he necessarily got exposed. He probably just underrated Bivol. Americans and Mexicans traditionally don't respect European fighters until they break through into the North American audience. He's fallen in love with his power in more recent years and he's passive in a lot of rounds before he eventually demolishes them. Of course it's harder to do when someone like Bivol has both the size to make knockouts harder and the skill to rack up the rounds. I don't think it's beyond Canelo to win a world title at that weight or even to beat Bivol (especially with those scorecards lol) but yeah, he probably needs a little rethink and humbling.

He should still fight GGG next. They've been teeing that up for years. I know it eats away at Canelo that the consensus is that he stole both decisions. I don't really see it being overly competitive but GGG proved last month he is still a robot.

• 1 month later...