aardvarked

Gary Neville Thread

All part of the plot for the Class of You Know What to one day take over at United??! lol

Actually, when you think about it, after this, Neville would be more qualified than Giggs to do the job cos he will have actually managed a club before taking over!

Jeez this came out of nowhere I got the impression from him that he had no real intrest in management and was happy with his coaching with England and punditry. 

It's a huge club to have as your first job though, I wish him all the best. If he was to do well there I wouldn't be against looking at him as a future United boss, certainly more so then Giggs if he still hasn't managed a club and Garry does well with Valencia 

Him going abroad expanding his Footballing horizons isn't a bad thing at all, we have a massive massive amount of foreign managers working in all tier's of our Football League yet not many exports abroad. For me this is partly one of the downfalls of the English game and the progression of British Managers within the English game. 

It's a big appointment for a man who has a million things on at the moment i hope he can fully focus and let his Footballing ideas flourish, he's clearly tactically astute enough to be a good manager it's just if he's a good enough man manager or not, i suspect he might be.    

I don't understand this appointment at all.

I wish him all the best,however, I think this will be a very negative first step in his career. He is inheriting a complete and utter mess of a club. The players are not happy, the board is a mess, the fans are the most demanding ones after Madrid and Barcelonas and the team is lost in the middle of nothing at the moment. 

His first difficulty will be assessing the squad, seeing which players he wants to keep on playing with and which ones he wants to get rid off. Barragan, Negredo etc are particularly complex cases to solve and he'll need touch as well as toughness.

Second of all they need to make clear where they want to go as a club. The signings and money spent in comparison to the goals and objectives for the season don't make any sense. 

Third he neess to make the team play some football because they havent been doing so lately. He has a squad good enough to implement his ideas, but he needs to start right at this second because of the demands by everyone around that team.

I rejected a free ticket on Friday to go watch Barakaldo vs Valencia tonight in Copa del Rey, just 30km from Gernika against a team of my league (the team at top of the table). I now regret it and I want to go see the match. It's going to be a very tough one, as well as very important. If they start with two losses (they have Barcelona on weekend) that will put huge pressure on him from the start and when that happens in Valencia you're as good as dead.

Fantastic place though for him and his family to live and have a great time. He'll be an idol if he does well too, so less wish him the best at his new place. It will be interesting to follow what he does. Saturday 8:30, Spanish Time, Valencia vs Barcelona from Mestalla.

All part of the plot for the Class of You Know What to one day take over at United??! lol

Actually, when you think about it, after this, Neville would be more qualified than Giggs to do the job cos he will have actually managed a club before taking over!

Valencia could get relegated, go bankrupt and actually fold as a club under Neville and he'd still be a better choice than Giggs.

Moving heaven and earth now to pay for a ticket to go watch the match live.

Talk about stupidity.

Is he even going to be in charge for tonight? Think I heard them say on Sky Sports News that his first game is going to be the Lyon game in the champions league and that Phil would be in joint charge until then.

Could of misheard them though

Is he even going to be in charge for tonight? Think I heard them say on Sky Sports News that his first game is going to be the Lyon game in the champions league and that Phil would be in joint charge until then.

Could of misheard them though

II would still see Phil and Valencia play in a great pitch for not too much. And I have nothing else to do so...

It's impossible. Fucking shite.

I wish him all the best,however, I think this will be a very negative first step in his career. He is inheriting a complete and utter mess of a club. The players are not happy, the board is a mess, the fans are the most demanding ones after Madrid and Barcelonas and the team is lost in the middle of nothing at the moment. 

His first difficulty will be assessing the squad, seeing which players he wants to keep on playing with and which ones he wants to get rid off. Barragan, Negredo etc are particularly complex cases to solve and he'll need touch as well as toughness.

Second of all they need to make clear where they want to go as a club. The signings and money spent in comparison to the goals and objectives for the season don't make any sense. 

Third he neess to make the team play some football because they havent been doing so lately. He has a squad good enough to implement his ideas, but he needs to start right at this second because of the demands by everyone around that team.

I rejected a free ticket on Friday to go watch Barakaldo vs Valencia tonight in Copa del Rey, just 30km from Gernika against a team of my league (the team at top of the table). I now regret it and I want to go see the match. It's going to be a very tough one, as well as very important. If they start with two losses (they have Barcelona on weekend) that will put huge pressure on him from the start and when that happens in Valencia you're as good as dead.

Fantastic place though for him and his family to live and have a great time. He'll be an idol if he does well too, so less wish him the best at his new place. It will be interesting to follow what he does. Saturday 8:30, Spanish Time, Valencia vs Barcelona from Mestalla.

Gary starts work the day after, his brother is in charge till then.. 

Shocked by this news, but delighted for Gary all the same. What a huge opportunity for him in football management. Valencia is a great club.

Really do hope this is a success story and it works out well for both Gary & Phil. It would be great to see them still at the club next season on a long-term deal. Many will predict this ending badly, but genuinely hope the Neville's prove the majority wrong.

Gary has always been an ambitious person, with a real hunger & drive to succeed at whatever he tries his hand at. This was especially clear to see for anybody that watched the BBC documentary on Salford City. Although going off that, I'm not too sure if his wife will be as happy about his decision to go and manage abroad.

Fairplay to him though and good luck to Phil too. Wish them all the best at Valencia CF.

Phil Neville, always and forever in Gary's shadow. 

You know it never quite works out that way especially in the managerial stakes. It seems the worse the player you were the better the manager/coach you become. Wouldn't surprise me if Phil has the makings of a superb manager.  

Didn't Giggs take over United for a while after Moyes got the elbow? 

Massive blow to Sky's football analysis. Things will never be the same again with Carra and Lamps. 

End game is United and then England. 

If they let Carragher co-commentate games, I may cancel my subscription. (Or mute the TV)

What has gone wrong there? You had high hopes for them last year.

They've invested in a lot of good players, but haven't seen much of a return. There is a lot of quality there though. They have some very talented young players on the books, so they can easily turn things around with the right structure in place.